The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey To Freedom

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Hi i am new to this forum and in this thread i will be posting all progress i make towards my final goal.
My Goals:
  • Start a business within a year
  • Make 5k this year strictly from online freelancing or the business
  • Develop the business and produce 20k before i am 20
  • Use all saved money to further expand whatever it is that i eventually start
So how am i going to start well at the moment i have $0 to my name literally 0 i am applying pretty much everywhere to get a part time job i can do on weekends and after school, i plan on saving most of this money so i can start my business. In the meantime i am constantly researching and learning the best way to approach my goal and finding what i will sell. I doubt posts on this thread will be regular for the start but they will gradually become more frequent.

I am also relearning all the web development i learnt in school to help me when it comes to freelancing and making a site for myself hopefully.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hi i am new to this forum and in this thread i will be posting all progress i make towards my final goal.
My Goals:
  • Start a business within a year
  • Make 5k this year strictly from online freelancing or the business
  • Develop the business and produce 20k before i am 20
  • Use all saved money to further expand whatever it is that i eventually start
So how am i going to start well at the moment i have $0 to my name literally 0 i am applying pretty much everywhere to get a part time job i can do on weekends and after school, i plan on saving most of this money so i can start my business. In the meantime i am constantly researching and learning the best way to approach my goal and finding what i will sell. I doubt posts on this thread will be regular for the start but they will gradually become more frequent.

I am also relearning all the web development i learnt in school to help me when it comes to freelancing and making a site for myself hopefully.
Love it. Get ready to hustle. Best of luck!

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Spent the whole of today on Code Academy practicing HTML and CSS was really beneficial and made some huge progress towards where i want to be web development wise.

WealthChaser

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 7, 2017
Indiana
Spent the whole of today on Code Academy practicing HTML and CSS was really beneficial and made some huge progress towards where i want to be web development wise.

For most website designs for customers, you can use squarespace.com, or wix.com. Both are low cost and easy to set up. They will also free up your time because they are easy for customers to navigate and edit small things without your interaction. Those services also allow you to add custom CSS and other code if you desire.

As a guy who has a Computer Science degree, I am finding that unless your are building a unique software business system, (SaaS) in depth knowledge of code is not necessary. Since you sound like you are still in school, I would focus on speaking with some of your friends parents and see if any of their small businesses need a website created. You can also earn monthly income with things like google adword services (check out @andyblack for lessons on that) and other services to drive traffic. Those mentioned services are more than capable of providing what you need to preform website building and hosting.

I am def. not saying software knowledge is not important, and you should pursue it. However, it is NOT necessary to begin gathering your customer base and knowledge, so don't let it stop you!

All the best my friend!

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
For most website designs for customers, you can use squarespace.com, or wix.com. Both are low cost and easy to set up. They will also free up your time because they are easy for customers to navigate and edit small things without your interaction. Those services also allow you to add custom CSS and other code if you desire.

As a guy who has a Computer Science degree, I am finding that unless your are building a unique software business system, (SaaS) in depth knowledge of code is not necessary. Since you sound like you are still in school, I would focus on speaking with some of your friends parents and see if any of their small businesses need a website created. You can also earn monthly income with things like google adword services (check out @andyblack for lessons on that) and other services to drive traffic. Those mentioned services are more than capable of providing what you need to preform website building and hosting.

I am def. not saying software knowledge is not important, and you should pursue it. However, it is NOT necessary to begin gathering your customer base and knowledge, so don't let it stop you!

All the best my friend!
Hey appreciate it man but lack of knowledge is not my issue i spent 3 years at school learning strictly web design and could create a website from scratch with no issues its just after a years break i seem to have forgotten alot of stuff so just spending a week or two refreshing my memory as for using wix and sites like it it is certainly something i will use my only issue at the moment is finding customers deciding whether locating customers myself is a good option or using a freelance site.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update : Signed up to Up Work and made a very appealing profile lack of previous work is a major turn off so will be making practice sites to add to the portfolio.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update: UpWork not working out to well but managed to secure myself a weekend job at £6/hour will go up to 9 when i reach 18 so thats good :) saving most of that for future plans whilst leaving enough to cover everyday expenses.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update: Managed to get approved on Upwork and managed to get a client for a very small task that payed $50 made some good progress started my part time job and will be getting payed around $150 a month. Not quite on my way to 5k this year yet but making some real progress that i am more than happy with ;)

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update: Been messing around with some crypto trading and managed to make a solid $312 this week. Looking like making 5k this year solely online may be a possibility.

SkipTheEnd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 9, 2017
Earth
Update: Been messing around with some crypto trading and managed to make a solid $312 this week. Looking like making 5k this year solely online may be a possibility.
Just my 2 cents be careful with crypto trading , very volatile specially the minor currencies , lot of people made money the past few days after the hard fork , best of luck

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Just my 2 cents be careful with crypto trading , very volatile specially the minor currencies , lot of people made money the past few days after the hard fork , best of luck
Oh i know its by no means something i plan on continuing i just saw the opening so i jumped straight in now i have money to actually spend on starting something real.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update: Did a bit more trading and did $200 this week only trading what i can afford to lose and keeping most profits stored away progress towards 5k this year is going very well will begin looking for a niche soon.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Update: Did a bit more trading and did $200 this week only trading what i can afford to lose and keeping most profits stored away progress towards 5k this year is going very well will begin looking for a niche soon.
Just to add i have been researching the cryptomarkets for months and have good knowledge when trading i do not think trading is a good idea if you haven't researched before and this is not my main plan in life this is just a small bit of extra cash on the side.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Ok so another update i have been trading pretty much all day every day these last few weeks of august and i on average have made 15% a week, my goal for the coming year is to steadily make 5% a week and secure some profit at the end of the month i am not starting with a lot of money but 5% a week adds up quick so im hoping and working for the best. Still looking into other things such as a drop shipping business i had planed and if i can get that started on the trading profits and continue to trade then i will now have 3 income streams still a long way to go and a lot of work to be done.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
School work has been really stacking up this year so put around the $800 i had made into a smaller cryptocurrency (trig) in early September and to be honest completely forgot about it along with this forum, i became the person i said i wouldn't when i joined someone who comes on here posts their dream then leaves. Today as i was looking at my balance from my job the past month and a half i remembered the investment i had made and to my absolute surprise that small sum of $800 was now sitting there at $3200 :). This was an absolute shock to me as this was something i had completely forgot i had invested in, so in summary today i learnt the importance of patience yeah sure i could've kept day trading and had a few ups and downs but in the end i just held that one currency for the month and when you look at the chart sure there are many many ups and downs but when you zoom out all you see is a positive pattern just like in life sure there will be some ups and downs along the way but just zoom out and look at the bigger picture.

Goal for this year : $5000
Current sum : $3500

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Almost 2 months since my last post and i am happy to say i reached my yearly goal! The value of bitcoin more than doubled since my last post and now i can happily say i surpassed my goal for this year. Crypto trading was not how I expected things to go but turned out for the best, still have other plans this is only the start but i can safely say 2017 was a successful year.
Goal for this year : $5000
Current sum : $6270

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
I have not posted an update to this in almost 8 months so here it goes. Despite a serious decline in the value of crypto since my last post on Dec 1 I have still managed to more than double the sum I began with in December, however, the last couple of months I have just been losing money consistently so I am looking into making a more solid income stream such as freelancing that does not rely on good market conditions like trading does. I will give UpWork another go and see how that turns out.

Goal for 2017: $5000
End of 2017: $7400

Goal for 2018: $25,000
Current Sum: $14,190

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads