- Joined
- Aug 9, 2021
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$285
$285
User Power: 91%
Hello all,
After reading some interesting journeys, I consider starting a thread and chronicle my journey to freedom. I can see this thread as an excellent way as and interesting form of accountability for my progress.
I want to feature in this thread: my ongoing process -updates on progress and the mistakes learned, insights gained.
My current project is to start an online startup business that sells tabletop and card games. The reason is that I have been playing board games & card games since my childhood and If I can create a business that doesn't feel like "work" and I can get "freedom", so why not.
First steps
My first task was to find the first game that I can create easily and don't require a massive investment. A good start was to lookup on crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo which projects have the best traction. After my research, I came to realize that card games have a lot of traction especially Tarot card games decks.
The next step was finding a reliable illustrator on a freelancer website such as Freelance for the kind of drawing I was looking for. Then, I had to look up reliable and affordable Printing companies either Europe or China-based.
I have to say that I start by creating two tarots decks Kickstarter campaigns which I soon closed due to the fact I didn't clear the copyright issues. I had the "bad" idea to get inspiration from already drawn illustrations. So for the last campaign, I decided to go for a 100% idea so I don't have to deal with copyrights problems.
As for now, I launched the project on Kickstarter on August 6th and I'm currently with
$ 1 776 on the targeted $ 7'000.
After reading some interesting journeys, I consider starting a thread and chronicle my journey to freedom. I can see this thread as an excellent way as and interesting form of accountability for my progress.
I want to feature in this thread: my ongoing process -updates on progress and the mistakes learned, insights gained.
My current project is to start an online startup business that sells tabletop and card games. The reason is that I have been playing board games & card games since my childhood and If I can create a business that doesn't feel like "work" and I can get "freedom", so why not.
First steps
My first task was to find the first game that I can create easily and don't require a massive investment. A good start was to lookup on crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter or Indiegogo which projects have the best traction. After my research, I came to realize that card games have a lot of traction especially Tarot card games decks.
The next step was finding a reliable illustrator on a freelancer website such as Freelance for the kind of drawing I was looking for. Then, I had to look up reliable and affordable Printing companies either Europe or China-based.
I have to say that I start by creating two tarots decks Kickstarter campaigns which I soon closed due to the fact I didn't clear the copyright issues. I had the "bad" idea to get inspiration from already drawn illustrations. So for the last campaign, I decided to go for a 100% idea so I don't have to deal with copyrights problems.
As for now, I launched the project on Kickstarter on August 6th and I'm currently with
$ 1 776 on the targeted $ 7'000.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


