The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

my introduction to something new and better

Lbcwes86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
hey everyone my name is Wes and Im a struggling carpenter framer at the moment. im sick of being in construction and physically working my a$$ of 8 - 10 hours a day only to come home to tired to do much. im trying to get into something different and i came across a free fullstack web dev bootcamp im starting january 11th.
I came across the fastlane book from a youtube video and read the first few chapters and really like was i hearing so i just ordered it yesterday. Cant wait to finish reading the rest. I have also started reading through some of the GOLD threads and am completely amazed at some of the ways there are to make money. I look forward to learning alot from here and being able to apply it to something of my own soon!

ps: sorry im not the best writer, thats something else i need to work on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tim K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 28, 2021
Washington, US
Hello Wes, Welcome to the Fastlane Forum!

It's a pleasure to see a fellow framer with a drive. You have my sympathies. I know how soul sucking that job can be. I had similar encounter on YouTube with finding TMF. Great to see that another person discovered the Fastlane as a way of life.

One of my personal favorite GOLD threads that has given me a huge insight on myself it is:

Not Fulfilled? Depressed? Maybe You Need An Alignment

It's a great thread that really helped me get my mind and priorities in order, You might find some really good value from it.

Glad to have you,
- Tim

Lbcwes86

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 31, 2021
Hello Wes, Welcome to the Fastlane Forum!

It's a pleasure to see a fellow framer with a drive. You have my sympathies. I know how soul sucking that job can be. I had similar encounter on YouTube with finding TMF. Great to see that another person discovered the Fastlane as a way of life.

One of my personal favorite GOLD threads that has given me a huge insight on myself it is:

Not Fulfilled? Depressed? Maybe You Need An Alignment

It's a great thread that really helped me get my mind and priorities in order, You might find some really good value from it.

Glad to have you,
- Tim
Hey Tim thank alot for the reply and the link to that great thread which i added to my list of things to read.
I didn't expect to see any other carpenters here but glad i did. Just curious if you dont me asking , did you ever make it out of the construction business into something different?
Thanks again for the Welcome!

Tim K.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Dec 28, 2021
Washington, US
Hey Tim thank alot for the reply and the link to that great thread which i added to my list of things to read.
I didn't expect to see any other carpenters here but glad i did.
You are welcome :smile2: It's a first for me too! I'm pretty new to this forum and the Fastlane life.
Just curious if you dont me asking , did you ever make it out of the construction business into something different?
Short story, Yes I got out, no I didn't get something different yet.

I got out after my first real FTE. I couldn't do the 10 hour days in the 100 degree summer or the -25 winter. I quit then.
I saved a decent amount of money and have tried 2 different ventures without providing any value. The biggest mistake that hopefully I won't make anymore thanks to MJs book.
I'm revving up to have another go at it knowing that I need to help people with a problem rather than chase the money.

Fuller story in my introduction:

Print("Hello World")

Cheers to the future Fastlane life!
-Tim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...