The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My first Post - Just tell me what you think about it

JoelPatrickNDZIE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 21, 2019
Good evening,
This is the first time I write in the forum, and this is at a time when I feel particularly sad and not proud of myself at all. I am Patrick, I am 28 years old, I live in Cameroon (in Central Africa) where I work as a developer in a multinational company. I have a salary of about $ 1,100 a month (which is rather high here). At the beginning of this year, I initiated a rather common project in poor countries, which consists of going back to study in a Western country (France in my case), this approach was motivated certainly by the desire to learn , gain expertise in my field, but especially with the hope of being able to earn more, have a better standard of living, a more enjoyable life. After having passed all the steps of the course successfully, I received today the response of the consulate to my visa application and it was negative, the advanced reason was very subjective, but basically he said, not having enough of 'elements to be convinced that my approach (go to study) did not hide other reasons. I feel very bad right now. After reading "The millionaire fastlane ", I know that for someone who wants to get rich quickly, I did not choose the best way, quite the contrary. The fact that I left my future, hanging on the decision of a group of individuals is what makes me the most ashamed, but the worst is that deep inside me, I continue to think about it, think to try again. How do you do when you are in this situation? And how do you do not give in and follow these paths?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Good evening,
This is the first time I write in the forum, and this is at a time when I feel particularly sad and not proud of myself at all. I am Patrick, I am 28 years old, I live in Cameroon (in Central Africa) where I work as a developer in a multinational company. I have a salary of about $ 1,100 a month (which is rather high here). At the beginning of this year, I initiated a rather common project in poor countries, which consists of going back to study in a Western country (France in my case), this approach was motivated certainly by the desire to learn , gain expertise in my field, but especially with the hope of being able to earn more, have a better standard of living, a more enjoyable life. After having passed all the steps of the course successfully, I received today the response of the consulate to my visa application and it was negative, the advanced reason was very subjective, but basically he said, not having enough of 'elements to be convinced that my approach (go to study) did not hide other reasons. I feel very bad right now. After reading "The millionaire fastlane ", I know that for someone who wants to get rich quickly, I did not choose the best way, quite the contrary. The fact that I left my future, hanging on the decision of a group of individuals is what makes me the most ashamed, but the worst is that deep inside me, I continue to think about it, think to try again. How do you do when you are in this situation? And how do you do not give in and follow these paths?
Hi Patrick,

Roadblocks happen.

Can the course be taken online? Can it be learned from a book? Is there some other way of getting the info/ experience you're after that let's you move forward without heading to Europe?

JoelPatrickNDZIE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 21, 2019
Hi Patrick,

Roadblocks happen.

Can the course be taken online? Can it be learned from a book? Is there some other way of getting the info/ experience you're after that let's you move forward without heading to Europe?
Thank for your reply, resources for the course can be found online, and i'm planning to go for it.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Hey Joel, welcome to the forum!

Like @broswoodwork, you can take the course (and others) online.

Reaching out to university professors via email is quite easy and they will often respond helpfully.

If it is just the course you are after, then take it online. If you want to study at a particular university, you could possibly reach out to a professor directly. Tell them a bit about yourself... and why you want to study specifically with them, build a bit of a relationship with them over a few weeks and ask for a letter you can use with your visa.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...