The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

what do you think about it guys?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela
Finding a job in my town from Venezuela has been really difficult so I thought "perhaps I can study programming, becoming a data analyst and start to work so I can earn some money and infiltrate myself in an industrie" but MJ says that it is useful to study persuasion (marketing, sales, negotiation etc) in your free time until you find an idea. I don't know what to do. I just want to increase my monthly income

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jul 9, 2018
I echo what others suggested on your previous thread - learn programming.

Also, programming and sales are not mutually exclusive. A programmer can be good at sales too.

Sales essentially boils down to:

1) Identify the other person's problem

2) Check whether they are motivated to solve the problem

3) Present your solution

4) Disqualify if #1 and #2 are unmet and move to the next person

This is just a high level overview.

As for programming, thanks to internet, you can learn any language for free and get a job in under a year or two based on your effort and persistence. Meanwhile, sales job is quicker to get than a programming job.

Make a decision and START. You can pivot later based on the feedback you receive in your journey.

If you want, you can create a progress/execution thread talking about what you're doing and people may jump in to offer specific advice.

Julio Cesar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Oct 2, 2022
Venezuela

Also, programming and sales are not mutually exclusive. A programmer can be good at sales too.

3) Present your solution

As for programming, thanks to internet, you can learn any language for free and get a job in under a year or two based on your effort and persistence. Meanwhile, sales job is quicker to get than a programming job.

Make a decision and START. You can pivot later based on the feedback you receive in your journey.

If you want, you can create a progress/execution thread talking about what you're doing and people may jump in to offer specific advice

3) Present your solution

If you want, you can create a progress/execution thread talking about what you're doing and people may jump in to offer specific advice.
Thank you!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.