The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help me make a decision, my first post

Bogdan

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 14, 2024
I am 21 yr old, and i have problem of making decision. I am working two jobs now and on the side learning to play an instrument, with that i could later replace my two jobs with playing with bands and have more free time, in my country you could make good money with that, plus i could meet a lot of people and network, but later in life i would like to have successful business, should i continue to learn instrument or focus on bussines, i am thinking about doing this until 26,27 years old and then focusing on bussines, i think in terms when i make money would i regret not learning this when i was 21. What you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
Well, playing an instrument can also be a business. You will still have to promote, get gigs, sell yourself. Later on form a band and make it famous so you can play for higher money. Or you can form a business around music industry. Providing sound equipment, transportation, record label etc.

If you like playing and being in that environment I say start with playing, save and invest, develop network. Think long term. 10 20 years ahead.

Franckol

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 8, 2024
I am 21 yr old, and i have problem of making decision. I am working two jobs now and on the side learning to play an instrument, with that i could later replace my two jobs with playing with bands and have more free time, in my country you could make good money with that, plus i could meet a lot of people and network, but later in life i would like to have successful business, should i continue to learn instrument or focus on bussines, i am thinking about doing this until 26,27 years old and then focusing on bussines, i think in terms when i make money would i regret not learning this when i was 21. What you think?
Hey brother, I want to tell you that don’t start a music based business just because you like or learned to play an instrument but focus on opportunities and needs in your area in order to start a business. Start reading books, acquire more and more knowledge and once you find out an opportunity of business who respect the CENTS law of MJ just get started. You are 21, the best moment to get started and have a good life near your 30’s. I advice you to read(reread) MJ’s book « The millionaire Fastlane » and start your legacy. Keep learning an instrument but for your personal pleasure and not to start a business with that although there is a serious opportunity in that.

Good luck brother

Last edited:

cikatomo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Jan 7, 2014
Great Land of Canada
There you go Bogdan, you have now realized different people have different opinions.

Nobody can make decision for you, but you need to find what works for you. As an older can tell you this, lot of things are achievable over the long run. 10 years from now may seem like it will never come as a 21 years old, but trust me if you are lucky, they will come. And you will be only 31. And trust me, you will wish you have started at 21. Same thing for 41, 51, 61.

You don't know what future will bring. You may end up not liking anymore what are you doing, be it music industry, be it whatever business, but it will be much easier to switch if you have build something, whatever it is, and have capital, network, rather then procrastinating and one day you will be 10 years older with the same situation as 21. It's like you never started.

So start now, build upon little by little, be a good guy help others and let others help you, don't become greedy and deceive people, don't spend your money on stupid things and even if you made wrong decision it will be much better than no decision at all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...