The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Launching my first business at 18

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Eudaemonia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2023
HEY everyone,

Its been a while since i wanted to write my own execution thread, as they have my main source of motivation since the start of my "entrepreneurial journey".
Thank you, fastlane members

But first off, who am I?
I am an 18 years old guy living in Belgium. I study Computer Science at Uni and have been in the self-improvement community for almost two years.

And, concretely, what did I do???

1. Formation

I followed @Fox thread and learned web design. I felt an aspiration to it, and he put it in such an easy way that I was blown up. He removed the uncertainty I had.

Like hell yeah, I can do that!

=>> I followed the courses, and did my own "business" website.

2. First client
This took me months, and I am ashamed to admit it. The hardest was to assemble the power to act. Once you do that it gets SO MUCH easier.

I contacted my local athletics club where I was a member to discuss their website, which was outdated and utterly ugly.

There was no need to convince them: they had a need, i had the solution and they knew they could trust me.
I wanted to do it for free as to get experience, but they paid me
• 400€ for the website
• 300€/year maintainance
• 200€/year website hosting

I used these founds to invest in softwares and services.

3. Official launch
This is the step I am in now, and here is what I need to do:
• succeed at the management exam (required to become self-employed)
• enroll myself administrally
• finish my first project, get feedback and hopefully some referrals

Then there are other tasks such as analysing the competition, having an outreach strategy but thats gonna come soon.

Issues
My main issue is speed, and time management. When i look back i see i could have done all this in a month or two. But it took me many more.

I would love to hear your advices! I will keep updating this thread every sunday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChetUBetcha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 27, 2021
HEY everyone,

Its been a while since i wanted to write my own execution thread, as they have my main source of motivation since the start of my "entrepreneurial journey".
Thank you, fastlane members

But first off, who am I?
I am an 18 years old guy living in Belgium. I study Computer Science at Uni and have been in the self-improvement community for almost two years.

And, concretely, what did I do???

1. Formation

I followed @Fox thread and learned web design. I felt an aspiration to it, and he put it in such an easy way that I was blown up. He removed the uncertainty I had.

Like hell yeah, I can do that!

=>> I followed the courses, and did my own "business" website.

2. First client
This took me months, and I am ashamed to admit it. The hardest was to assemble the power to act. Once you do that it gets SO MUCH easier.

I contacted my local athletics club where I was a member to discuss their website, which was outdated and utterly ugly.

There was no need to convince them: they had a need, i had the solution and they knew they could trust me.
I wanted to do it for free as to get experience, but they paid me
• 400€ for the website
• 300€/year maintainance
• 200€/year website hosting

I used these founds to invest in softwares and services.

3. Official launch
This is the step I am in now, and here is what I need to do:
• succeed at the management exam (required to become self-employed)
• enroll myself administrally
• finish my first project, get feedback and hopefully some referrals

Then there are other tasks such as analysing the competition, having an outreach strategy but thats gonna come soon.

Issues
My main issue is speed, and time management. When i look back i see i could have done all this in a month or two. But it took me many more.

I would love to hear your advices! I will keep updating this thread every sunday.
Dont judge yourself too critically on speed and time management. These are things that come with time and volume. The more you do something the faster you get at it.

Eudaemonia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2023
Week # 1

accomplished goals :

- succeeded at my "business" exam
- enrolled myself administratively
- finished my first project

Goals for next week
- get referrals from my client
- make a competition analysis, in order to position myself correctly
- rework my website to be "legal" and make sure my future clients know how the procedure of working with me is
- learn how to price my services

Learned lessons

Well it was a long week, but I managed to get some work done. I have learned how important being in regulation is for my clients, which is a huge plus for my future client aquisition strategies. I still lack in time management and will work towards it.

If anyone has some tips I would be glad to hear them !

Eudaemonia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 8, 2023
Month # 1

Since my last post, i have made quite some progress, that is :
  • made my branding and positioning
  • built my agency's website
  • learnt the basics of cold e-mailing
Now what I am doing is e-mailing all of the sport clubs in my area, presenting myself, showing how i helped my athletics club and offering to meet. I have sent 10 emails by now, and will continue till I get to 100. We will see by then.

Besides that, I was thinking of starting Google and Facebook ads for my agency, what do you guys think ?

Goals for this month
  • send 100 e-mails (continuous learning)
  • visit 20 places and try to get into a conversation with the owner
  • learn how to establish my online (or offline) presence
  • keep shaping up my skills in order to back up my expertise

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.