The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My failed poor executions

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I wit

I recommend you look into this, especially see if some of Bob Bly's material helps you.
What I found most interesting is he breaks a lot of those positive mindset rules. Especially in his industrial work copy and his datasheets. He's quite clear on what the piece of kit can't do, there are zero emotional-laden words. It's a nice formulaic layout, in a non searchable PDF (missing a lot of SEO there), so longer-term I'm formulating that. There's a lot of mid-term stuff there. I just need that initial jump-start right now, I'm not there but I'm getting closer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@LittleWolfie love the progress. you are starting to put it together and get some momentum.
keep rolling. answers always reside in the questions.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie love the progress. you are starting to put it together and get some momentum.

And I kept the same mindset, I told you there was something else blocking me :).

@LittleWolfie you are starting to put it together and get some momentum.

Can't take all the credit, lot of help on here.

@LittleWolfie . answers always reside in the questions.
I'm hoping that discussions around the questions, will help me pin down something, chuck them out. Take a look at the extra detail on my profile now. I'm hoping that will help narrow down somewhere I can help.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
That's just an excuse. Of course you can access them in a down emotional state, I have done so previously.

You're absolutely right. Anger can be a motivator. Negative emotions can be positive especially if it spurns you to new empowering action.

But here's the deal my man: resourcefulness is the best emotional state you can be in to turn this thing around.

Right now I'd say you're not being resourceful. When you're resourceful and you don't have the money, you find the money. When you don't have the time, you make the time. When you don't have the resources you find a way to create them, build them, make them -- if there's no way I'll FIND a way... if I can't find a way? I'll MAKE a way!

The conductor doesn't give a flying f**k what my emotional state is when I board the train. They don't come round asking "are you happy?" it's "tickets please". Now I do notice that (in-person)people think I'm angry when I'm actually just hungry, sad when I'm just tired (So being well-rested and eating good food solves both of those) For some reason that can be hard to impart online.

I can't tell if you're angry or sad or excited or passionate or motivated... but I do know from these words:

I can ask and answer them right now, although I find it hard to figure out what the questions are.

I'm not dead,

I'm likely to survive the next winter,

I'm not starving,

I have not died of heatstroke in the last heat wave.

I've a good chance of being alive till the next 24 June. It is not Christmas yet.

You're either being really facetious with me -- or you're really concerned that you're going to die and you're really grateful you haven't this week.

If that's the case I hope you feel better and take care of your health (I don't know your life).

But if that's not the case, there's a million things you could be grateful for. If you were "in the zone" right now or "in the flow" you'd ramble on and on about what you're grateful for.

I'm grateful for my health, I'm grateful for my family, my friends, the knowledge that I have, the ability to communicate with people from all over the world, the books I didn't have to think up, the experiences I've had, my vision and being able to see, my heart beating without my telling it to, I'm grateful for the money I DO have, I'm grateful for the ability to go make more if I want to, I'm grateful complete strangers are taking the time to respond to my posts on the Fastlane forum!

Anything on the internet. Maybe some kind of remote contracting work, perhaps research? Maybe some crypto stuff? Dunno

This is exactly what I'm talking about my man. It's easy to put yourself in an emotional state of confusion and doubt and just respond "I don't know. I don't know."

Well if you DID know what you wanted out of your life and your business, what WOULD you do?

If you were completely honest with me, everyone here, and yourself... what do you want to do that you're afraid to say out loud because you're worried people would judge you or you're afraid it couldn't ever happen or you're afraid that if you actually went for it -- it could happen and that's a scary thought?

Good, Question. I've come up from I have no idea to this is what I can do well. The next question is where is that kind of help needed?

Who needs the help of someone who is
  • confronted with constant obstacles and have to deal positively with regular feedback and criticism.

Who needs help with conflict resolution? Should I try to be an arbitrator or marriage counsellor?
Hopefully, given what I'm particularly suited to , where could I help and add value will be a better question.

How many books have you read in the last month on business, personal development, and anything that would improve your life?

How many seminars have you attended recently?

Get off the internet for a while and go DO some things. Ideas are not often found sitting on the couch or behind a keyboard. Breathe the fresh air, find some activities, educate yourself, and when you feel better -- THAT'S when you start asking questions about what to do with your life

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
You're absolutely right. Anger can be a motivator. Negative emotions can be positive especially if it spurns you to new empowering action.

But here's the deal my man: resourcefulness is the best emotional state you can be in to turn this thing around.

OK, let's forgot emotion and work on resourcefulness or trading.

. but I do know from these words

You're either being really facetious with me -- or you're really concerned that you're going to die and you're really grateful you haven't this week.

Wrong, you can be really grateful you haven't died without worrying about dying. I suspect anyone who has ever been in a portion of worrying about basic survival will be immensely grateful for every new day they see.

But if that's not the case, there's a million things you could be grateful for. If you were "in the zone" right now or "in the flow" you'd ramble on and on about what you're grateful for.

I'm grateful for my health, I'm grateful for my family, my friends, the knowledge that I have, the ability to communicate with people from all over the world, the books I didn't have to think up, the experiences I've had, my vision and being able to see, my heart beating without my telling it to, I'm grateful for the money I DO have, I'm grateful for the ability to go make more if I want to, I'm grateful complete strangers are taking the time to respond to my posts on the Fastlane forum!

Yes, there's loads of things like that I am grateful, I just listed the top few. If I listed everything I'd get nothing done. All those you posted count as well, although my vision is far from 20/20 at least I'm not totally blind.

-- if there's no way I'll FIND a way... if I can't find a way? I'll MAKE a way!

If you find a way or make a way then there was never no way in the first place. If there is literally no way your done for, as long as you keep breathing and looking there is a chance that you might find something.

Well if you DID know what you wanted out of your life and your business, what WOULD you do?

If you were completely honest with me, everyone here, and yourself... what do you want to do that you're afraid to say out loud because you're worried people would judge you or you're afraid it couldn't ever happen or you're afraid that if you actually went for it -- it could happen and that's a scary thought?

I'd become a digital nomad, dropping in on various customers, maximising hourly rate over profits so I could work less and have a few months in Berlin, Freiburg,Frankfurt and Utrecht and Vienna to work on my German.

I'm not afraid to say out loud anything that I want to do, although I do have rather shall we say society suiting dreams.

How many books have you read in the last month on business, personal development, and anything that would improve your life?

How many seminars have you attended recently?

6 books, 3 webinars and 1 seminar when I went to look for work on London.

I'll make you a deal when I generate the money for the train ticket, I'll go to another seminar.

The only way I can see off going off the internet is if I can find a large offline business in a large area that I can run. Perhaps we should both go offline together for a retreat?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
hang in Steve. there is positive progress.

There is exactly the same amount of positive progress as before, all I did was use other synonyms to better reflect my attitude. So since there is positive progress now, their must have been positive progress before which nobody saw. I kept trying to explain this concept.

I literally need a better Thesaurus, because I need to say things with the same literal meaning in another (more positive) tone. This comes back to how can your writings better reflect your attitude.

Perhaps a retrospect on what I stated earlier in this thread, in light of this new information, might be informative.

Certainly a lot of discussion and probing.

By all means I will switch to 'How Can I', if that makes things easier for you.

The answer is going to be the same, because I'm literally asking the same things. Any motivation or lack thereof is imagined. Perhaps we can work together to come up with a better phrasing terms dictionary/ forum lomgo terms and get it sticked? To help other new forum users? /QUOTE]

I'm literally asking if How can I is better than can't for you. (I assign no emotional value to either of those words when reading them.)

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
. Or you could decide that you want a business model where everyone agrees that you'll write back within a day and that's good enough for everyone.

That would be great, telegram is easier to handle with latency, however it requires synchronous communication, email can at least be asynchronous. If it is 24 hours reply that can wait ten hours. I could go for telegram type synchronous chat of course, however I'd need higher income to justify it since I'd be giving up (irregular) work

I withdraw my recommendation of copywriting and replace it with a recommendation you consider technical writing.

Manuals, help files, product data sheets, proposal documents, information-based rather than emotional-appeal speeches, scripts for documentary videos, programmer's reference manuals for software libraries. . Could this be a good fit for you?

I recommend you look into this, especially see if some of Bob Bly's material helps you. (I mean the Bob Bly who used to be a chemical engineer and now does business writing, not the Bob Bly who's in the men's movement of sociology and interpersonal psychology.)

A technical writer typically takes extremely dense, technically detailed "what it is and how it works" type of material that's already created by engineers or designers, and turns it into "here's how you can use it" kind of material. Usually there is not an urgent need to have a video call about this kind of project. Explaining that you'd rather write correspondence by email or chat because you're somewhat hard of hearing, might be good enough.

This looks like it could be a very good fit, in the I'm good and enjoy doing it category. We need to see if I can add value and show that I have added value easily with these datasheets

Here's an attempt at a data sheet for Ubuntu inspired by Bob Bly, I've included the top ten long tail keywords from keywords.io in the metadata (I'm surprised at how few PDFs bother with that. All of the headers are long tail too.) I wanted to make sure it was searchable, so there might be a chance to add value there.

Ubuntu Header.pdf

For a real one where I was paid money, I'd probably outsource the graphics on fiverr.

it can be too physically tiring to do much of your own thing at the end of the day.

That's why I do it at the beginning of the day (or night if I'm on a night shift) and go to bed earlier, instead of wasting time watching TV or playing on the internet. So a business model that can be scheduled works or one (like the Instagram) that can quickly take off and get me to doing that full time can work well for me right now. I can always change the niche as I progress or get better.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I've received a null result form my first draft at technical writing/datasheet SEO, so I've no idea if this is value add or not.

Not sure, if it should be abandoned or kept on the back burner. Been looking in my locale for work(doorknocking, flyers, pub, newspaper nor on groups in larger areas.) There are no groups locally)

All I have received so far is offers of joining MLMs and working for "exposure". Got one offer that I thought was going to be contracting for crypto job (excellent) set up hosting area for smart contract(turnkeyICO.eth) got environment all set up, guy turned out to be a penniless liar. So now I'm out £50 and a whole day. I'm way too trusting.

a lack of any work that really fits a portfolio easily. I mean I can show you the code, but I never did much in the way of front end, so there's no pretty picture. I could show you a terminal though!

So I need to take another approach there. Have to figure out how I can show my ability, to me it's obvious. If I couldn't do it, I would't have my qualifications. So here is the qualification, feel free to confirm them. That however doesn't seem to translate to recruiters,clients etc.

Then I use this to fund a fastlane gig, by going to the meetups etc.

My current theory

A lack of a network is causing a struggle, perhaps I can buy in to one?

I'm wondering if people are making wrong first impressions of me for some unknown reason, or if there is some unknown that is holding me back.

I can test this by applying or contacting people with a nom de plume. If they are not be prejudiced, then it should make no difference, if I get better results then they are and I can investigate further.

Coupling with emphasise the hard of hearing and best to work with the written word this could work well. -

Working hard on trying to make my words better reflect a positive emotional state. That is at least simple and easy with automated systems to give me feedback. (Check out the number of words ending in nt) I'm now able to automatically write in a manner that the emotional analysis software plugs at a level of sadness below 0.5,and have good ideas of alternate phrasing I can attempt to make it lower. It is also really helpful, in getting me to read between the lines. I can see if someone is posting an angry comment or a silly one.

Started work on trying to make a visual resume

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
As you may be aware I have been struggling with the concept of the right mindset, and following the emotions people are using and displaying the right emotions.

I now have a machine learning algorithm, that can tell me the emotional state in some writing. Perhaps I could sell that to people whom have trouble? If a most of the people here maintain that mindset matters most, then I can now predict success based on whom has the highest confidence and joy and whom has the lowest sadness and anger. For instance I can see that @LilyRich has more confidence than @Neville Medhora does in their intro, with about equal amounts of happiness.

There is potential for a product here, just providing identification of emotional tone. It looks like with this aid, I will be able to perform much better in written communication than audio or visual ones, so that is something to be taken into consideration in my identification of where I can add value.

This is a problem for approx 10% of the world, an English language solution is available for an estimated one hundred and fifty million people(Including myself) 10 % of English speakers. Their has to be a fastlane in their somewhere.

For me this feels like when I got my first pair of glasses as a child , I very rapidly went form being at the back of the class in reading ability to one of the top five. I literally just needed help to see the tone.

I'm also working on learning how to re-write in a more positive manner. That is now the showstopper for me. I note that I seem to have a rather analytical tone (Hardly a surprise, however it is interesting just how strong and clear it comes across)

I'm also not projecting much confidence in my writings, so that is something I need to work on. I'm not sure if confidence is more, equal to or less important than sadness or anger tone. Does an analytical non confident tone, sound marketable?

The hardest part after detecting the emotional content of the word (which the computer can do for me now) and knowing what emotion is desired, is moving away form the analytical phrasing.

Below is an example of where this method has been employed in order to remove the sadness and anger, of an article while ensuring that the author's meaning was kept.

This work was especially tricky where the author employs a colourful turn of phrase in an insulting manner , however it will still be obvious to a native English speaker, even without the insulting tone.
The original text is here Shops open all hours around the Christmas period and mine is below.

What I would like to comment on are shop opening hours especially when it comes to Christmas trading. I also want to include the hideously greedy fat cats who insist in squeezing as much shop opening time as humanly possible and the people who find it an absolute necessity to spend all their waking hours feeling the need to shop.

I remember the days when all January Sales started the 2nd of January and all our lovely retail staff also got some time off to spend with their families during the Christmas holidays. This would have been Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day which is only three days but marginally better by today's standards. These days the only time shops close are Christmas Day and Easter Sunday and that's only because they have to due to them being Religious holidays. Surely it's not too much to ask for all shops to cease trading on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, if you are unable to organise yourself tough luck.

Under the current system widely used, if a shift happens to fall on any of these bank holidays then it is treated as a normal working day for that employee(rather than a holiday with overtime) unless they elect to use a day paid holiday to allow them to have that day off. (Presuming of course their are sufficient people to cover the store).

Now some supermarkets have and are even still campaigning to be allowed to open on Christmas Day! Which is just unadulterated avarice on behalf of the obese felis domesticus store owners who spare no thought for the people who work for them.
Let's bring back the days when everyone looked forward to the January sales actually starting in January.

The retail staff have been forced to endure extremely rude customers who are all fighting for that so called bargain, for a prolonged period, which now could be extended even more!
Where are the people who insist on these antisocial opening times?

They will be, sat on their fat backsides enjoying what everyone should have the right to do, and that is to have that quality family time. Will they be stood behind the till serving that red faced harassed person who has fought some other stress head for that jumper with the £2 discount, not a chance.

The most unfavourable culprit is a certain clothes store which demands on opening at 6am on Boxing Day, this leaves very little time for the staff to enjoy their own Christmas Day , knowing that they will be starting work extremely early the next day and probably had to work very late on Christmas Eve preparing the sale stock.

What explains the presence of all those presumably desperate for a bargain people who feel the necessity of queuing outside a s store at 3am on boxing day to save a few quid on clothing rather than spending that as quality time with their friends and loved ones?

These days we are too commercial and not enough time is given to spend time with our families. I remember when all shops closed every Sunday giving us that weekly family day when we all sat round the table for a lovely traditional Sunday Roast. We may now have Sunday trading as the norm but surely it's not too much to ask to close for 5 days during the year, which would be Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday and Easter Sunday, What we need to do in this country is to bring back traditional family values because as it stands now we are set to lose them.

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Goal 3 (Make some money online) Achieved

I sold a story about an intelligent dinosaur(for a charitable donation in my name, so I wasn't money changing, just trying to see if I could add value(would the income of covered the cost of electric to write it and the bandwidth to send it? Of course it was much too small to provide that kind of return on investment, the ROI was negative. Is there a large market for stories about intelligent dinosaurs? I doubt it, however even the greatest of journeys must begin with just one small step.

Goal 2 Progress (better tone) ( I have a medical issue, that makes detecting tones like trying to see without my glasses(affects roughly 10% of the population) my better thesauruses shows my which words are sad or angry or happy and allows me to reflect a positive mindset in my writings better. A massive shout out to @Outoftouch for working through this with me in convos(great value add) and to @ZCP for rephrasing things.

I've included some image to show you what it looks like in use (anger is red, sadness blue and joy yellow(imagine your colour blind looking at these pictures and you get an idea of where I am coming from as @Out of Touch said this helped with understanding where I was coming from in my writing.

HEUIatR.png

HEUK87O.png

HEUJAKo.png

On the plus side it's hard to get me riled up because I simply am unable to recognise your anger

Next Goal 2 Identify what @ZCP meant by me being
Quit being obstinate and trivial. .

I've literally no idea where I'm giving the perception of "stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action"(obstinate) (indeed I've repeatedly asked for different approaches, alternative phrasing to aid my comprehension, are people unwilling to explain or unable to because they lack understanding themselves? Nor where I'm focusing on things "of little value or importance" because I'm not sure what is of high value and importance. Hopefully between this software, my conversations and new thesauruses, I can prevent this.

I'm using the software on my job application/CV/Cover letters, so I'm able to project a more positive tone, this has lead to an increase frequency in responses rate which is excellent, although I have not found a better job yet.

Goal 1 -still limited progress. (I've read through most of bob bly's work thanks)@OutOftouch

I especially think the datasheets could be a good fit for me(I'm working on that and trying to identify whom they would add the most value to and identify them. A task based charge (per datasheet) has the advantage of hitting the Scale (automation brings an advantage to me) There must be a Need as other people sell them and I think the technical language provides a t least a small barrier to Control. I've done up some other kind of technical writing too.

An interesting approach (I cribbed form an Austrian(edit English translations of German manuals(since I have basic German and a little cultural understanding both ways, I can improve the phrasing in a way an English as a second language person would be unable to do. While learning German is a small effort (high psychological) barrier to entry for a native English speaker plus their is technical complexity to understand (another barrier.) A few small barriers can reduce entrants too)

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Goal 2 Great progress. (With Goal 3 achieved and Goal 1 relying on this goal. Regardless of numbering goal 2 is now my primary goal and goal 1 my secondary.

I'm now at the point where I can usually express my point, without sounding anger(occasionally sadness creeps in) Without relying on the machine, working through it with varying phrases, has been a real help as I it gave me (almost) reak time feedback,

I've noticed that I'm often flagged as writing tentatively, whereas a lot of people on here who are successful (and even those who are less successful, sound confident. I've yet to figure out how to sound confident about something I know to be true. Possibly due to a lack of hyperbole on my part (its just rather forced, uncomfortable and far from the truth)

I do sound very analytical, so I need to find an area where tentativeness and anayltical-ness is appreciated becuase that's well natural and easy. Who values that?

Goal 3 Small progress. Had some response on another thread(I think this long one derails people a little) as to possible approaches. I've hit the wall at identifying how to get in front of the target market(does this mean the marke tis absence or that my marketing skills are too sub-par?)

Possible Niches? Your thoughts

Appen and gig sites struggling- Next attempt Blocklance and Ethlancer because ETH can be exchanged for goods and services too!

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
keep it rolling @LittleWolfie
what do you need next?

Short on time.

A customer. I'm still unaware what value, I can add to whom where.

Constructive criticism on my datasheets and technical writing.

A 64 bit laptop capable of running Ubuntu so I can run docker more often.
  • 2 GHz (64 bit) dual core processor.
  • 2 GiB RAM (system memory)
  • 25 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
  • VGA capable of 1024x768 screen resolution.
  • Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
1 year update.

Going slow, but the turtle does win in the end!

Kind of going in the reverse order of the goals here., however that is a primarily organic occurrence.

Making great progress on goal 2 Boomerang pro is an awesome addition to emails that helps solve my issues ($14.99 a month ) I told you all I needed was money . Now it is just a matter of time, until I have enough money.
This helped me get slightly better work once I used it too rewrite emails and job applications/cover letters
That’s altered my goals a bit, .

With better accommodation and regular weekend s off(and more money) and a recommendation I have been able to find a specialist instructor, thanks to hand powered gas/brake controls I can learn to drive without using my feet! This effectively resolves the driving liocense issue ( I pay the instructor with money)

Instead of the laptop, I am using an old workstation, and a 2001 vintage notebook. Thanks to NOIP, I can give my tower a fixed IP address and access it directly from the notebook for demoing.
I’ve yet to work out the blog(I never know what to write). I have tried a couple of other side-gigs without fruition. I think I need to simplify and work on website building or similar.

My next target is a side-gig making £200 a week. It is hard to set a goal, because I have no idea what to do or where to find customers.

I’m struggling to be able to talk to people who want datasheets or websites.

Some product attempts

2 hard disk laptop

EXECUTION - Stock Trading software attempt

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
1 year update.

Going slow, but the turtle does win in the end!

Kind of going in the reverse order of the goals here., however that is a primarily organic occurrence.

Making great progress on goal 2 Boomerang pro is an awesome addition to emails that helps solve my issues ($14.99 a month ) I told you all I needed was money . Now it is just a matter of time, until I have enough money.
This helped me get slightly better work once I used it too rewrite emails and job applications/cover letters
That’s altered my goals a bit, .

With better accommodation and regular weekend s off(and more money) and a recommendation I have been able to find a specialist instructor, thanks to hand powered gas/brake controls I can learn to drive without using my feet! This effectively resolves the driving liocense issue ( I pay the instructor with money)

Instead of the laptop, I am using an old workstation, and a 2001 vintage notebook. Thanks to NOIP, I can give my tower a fixed IP address and access it directly from the notebook for demoing.
I’ve yet to work out the blog(I never know what to write). I have tried a couple of other side-gigs without fruition. I think I need to simplify and work on website building or similar.

My next target is a side-gig making £200 a week. It is hard to set a goal, because I have no idea what to do or where to find customers.

I’m struggling to be able to talk to people who want datasheets or websites.

Some product attempts

2 hard disk laptop

EXECUTION - Stock Trading software attempt
Hi @LittleWolfie
Coming from the other thread, I'm seeing that you have multiple points of entry here on flf. I'm not sure how much other people have gone over, and I don't know what's taken hold for you personally

I do KNOW with your being non- neurotypical, screaming "NO EXCUSES!" in your face, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman style, is a waste of everyone's time. (Despite that being true)

I'm no guru, and I'm far from the most qualified to help you with business, so hopefully a few folks more qualified than me will step up to help. Hopefully they'll be somewhat sensitive to the fact that despite being on the autism spectrum, you sincerely want to be self determining, independent, and reach for your own stars.

All of that exposition aside... you seem particularly focused on building novel products and finding someone to sell them to after they exist. I feel, and I may be corrected, that's a bit backwards. I feel first you should find a distinct population you want to work for, people you'd love to be at their service, and develop solutions that make their lives better.

*edit: neurodevelopmental disorder spectrum

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I do KNOW with your being non- neurotypical, screaming "NO EXCUSES!" in your face, Gunnery Sergeant Hartman style, is a waste of everyone's time. (Despite that being true)

Thanks,a lot of value there.

These are all things I built because people said they want them (and then never want to pay when it is on sale) or to try and "add value without expectation". I have never quite got the hang of that and my attempts to understand just rile people up.

Apparently I have combative questions, I have never encountered one of those personally in the wild.

I'm having trouble finding the distinct population.

I would love to work for people who congregate on forums online,have no interest in my attitude,personality or small talk,are introverted,precise,pedantic,blunt and very literal, have a budget for a better solution than the one they are currently using and have looked for a solution within the last 6 months.

I'd like to be able to email 100 people in a similar situation for discussion/surveys with a view to resolving their issue.

Ideas?

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I would love to work for people who congregate on forums online,have no interest in my attitude,personality or small talk,are introverted,precise,pedantic,blunt and very literal
I know frustration is a two way street between neurotypical and non typical, and you have ideas that you want to express succinctly, so I'll try my best to intuit what you mean.

Please forgive my limited insight here, but are you possibly defining yourself in a roundabout way? If so, you're likely helping people like yourself more than you know by persistently asking questions here and trying to make heads or tails of your passion.

For every silver and up contributor here that becomes frustrated interfacing with minds that operate differently, there's probably a 10 asd (or what have you) users too intimidated to ask a question, so a bit of trailblazing on your part will open doors for the silent lurking majority.

That doesn't put cash in your pocket, but the gumption is admirable.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
For every silver and up contributor here that becomes frustrated interfacing with minds that operate differently, there's probably a 10 asd (or what have you) users too intimidated to ask a question, so a bit of trailblazing on your part will open doors for the silent lurking majority.

Thanks this is good, something I had never considered.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.