My brother fail out of college, can't hold down a job, has a slight criminal record, and kind of a loser in a sense. He expects our parents to pay for his things, like dinners, rent. He has been kick out of my father's home, and now plans on moving with me. I also given him money countless of times in the past (over 3k in total he still owes me). The money is very tight at my place, but I don't see any ambition for him to get a job, and he kind of expects me to fill out his job applications. He's not really an entrepreneur, more of a talker but no action, so if I were to give him this book he probably won't even read it. He has a mentality of a 9th grader in all honesty (still talks about high school too). He's 20 years old.
My family wants him to continue with college, but in all honesty.... I can see the signs, he is not going to finish college. I honestly don't think he has the intelligence to finish it, since he can't even handle Intermediate Algebra after taking it countless of times. But I see no effort either. I don't know what to recommend him. He's not military material either, since he just quits on everything. 1. What should I suggest him to do with his life?
First, I want him to move in with me if he can help me with my business, since I can't be at my house all the time. I know his track record, so it won't surprise me if he screws things up either though. (my business is pretty simple; it's just making sure to measure things/check temperatures... things a grocery clerk could do) and maybe feed my dog when I'm gone.
But if he can't do that, then he's pretty much going to mooch off my electricity/water bill, and possibly ask money from me which I cannot do.
He has no where to turn though... I don't want to carry dead weight either, and take care of an adult man. I don't want him on the streets.
anyone dealt with this situation?
My family wants him to continue with college, but in all honesty.... I can see the signs, he is not going to finish college. I honestly don't think he has the intelligence to finish it, since he can't even handle Intermediate Algebra after taking it countless of times. But I see no effort either. I don't know what to recommend him. He's not military material either, since he just quits on everything. 1. What should I suggest him to do with his life?
First, I want him to move in with me if he can help me with my business, since I can't be at my house all the time. I know his track record, so it won't surprise me if he screws things up either though. (my business is pretty simple; it's just making sure to measure things/check temperatures... things a grocery clerk could do) and maybe feed my dog when I'm gone.
But if he can't do that, then he's pretty much going to mooch off my electricity/water bill, and possibly ask money from me which I cannot do.
He has no where to turn though... I don't want to carry dead weight either, and take care of an adult man. I don't want him on the streets.
anyone dealt with this situation?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
