The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My blog and it's traffic problems

Lusches

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 13, 2009
Germany
Hi,

I've finished the 30 day challenge about 1 month ago. Although I continued writing articles my blog doesn't get much traffic .

the URL to the site is http://www.hypnosis-stories.com

At the beginning I was ranked ~ #500 for my main keyword at google. 2 Weeks later I was ranked #1 at Yahoo, but ~200 at google. Now my ranking is even worse : Google: #274 and Yahoo: 3 .

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.I don't use WPD and i've installed the "ALL IN ONE SEO"-plugins to my blog.

Maybe someone of you can tell me the things I was doing wrong.

Thanks !
Lusches

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Hi,

I've finished the 30 day challenge about 1 month ago. Although I continued writing articles my blog doesn't get much traffic .

the URL to the site is http://www.hypnosis-stories.com

At the beginning I was ranked ~ #500 for my main keyword at google. 2 Weeks later I was ranked #1 at Yahoo, but ~200 at google. Now my ranking is even worse : Google: #274 and Yahoo: 3 .

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.I don't use WPD and i've installed the "ALL IN ONE SEO"-plugins to my blog.

Thanks !
Lusches

1. your hyperlink above, you forgot the s at the end of stories, so it does not take you to your site.

2. you are keyword stuffing by throwing in all those keywords in your header like that

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
Fcuk SEO, focus on content and building relationships with your visitors and with forums related to your niche. Try guest posting at blogs about psychology.. i| know there is at least one big good blog I do read from time to time. If you need I can link you up...

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Networking is very important.

You need to be generous. Here is what I did that worked well. Read all kinds of other blogs in your niche. Subscribe to their feed. Use Google Reader or something. Keep a tab open and watch the headlines. When something pops up that interests you, blog about it with your take on it, link to the original post on that other person's blog. Then email that bloggers with the link to your article and tell them how you enjoyed their post and that you replied or put your own spin on it.

You don't have to always email them but linking to other article frequently will get you some attention. These bloggers may add you to their feed reader as well and at some point link back to one of your own articles. Keep building it and branching out. Keep up to speed on what other bloggers in your niche is bloggnig about... Blog about it too, link, link, and network. Keep doing it. Blog daily... Do this for a year straight. Then see where you are.

Good luck!

Lusches

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 13, 2009
Germany
I've made about 10-20 postings on ther peoples blogs and forums, but I want to get the google-traffic for my main-keyword. I will try bloging daily and start using google reader :notworthy:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Thanks,

2.Those keywords are written in the header by the SEO-plugin:

get rid of it, search engines do not like keyword stuffing. Use those keywords in articles. Create a page titled with each relevant keyword and write a page about it.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Lusches,

Gymjunkie, Mr. Pink, SM Media and Kurtyordy gave you some nice nuggets to work with.

If I may suggest adding a video component to your site, where appropriate. Google loves video since they own YouTube. Produce some quality clips and upload them to not only YouTube but other video sites as well. Be sure to embed a watermark linking said content back to your site. This should help your Google rankings immensely.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009

crystite

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2009
Hi,

the URL to the site is

Thanks !
Lusches

I took a look at your site and some SEO info pertaining to your site. I think you've done things correctly, and this is discouraging to me, as I also have a niche website that is not ranking very well, and I think you've built better backlinks to yours than I have to mine. What's worse, is that the sites which rank in google for your keywords, do not seem to be very competitive at all. In fact they seem easier to outrank than the sites I am competing with in my niche. So I am indeed discouraged. The only thing I can think of that would give me some hope, is that maybe it is because your site is so new that it is not ranking up there yet. So hopefully it should really just be a matter of time before you're in the top 4 on google.

If it is really a matter of site age, then not much you can do. But in the meantime, while you wait for your site to age, continue to build backlinks, and content if you can. Also do some analysis of what search terms your site is getting ranked for, and maybe you can improve those rankings. Not the ideal, but it can improve traffic.

Lusches

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 13, 2009
Germany
Did you publish your article on many different websites ? Maybe Google sees your content as spam. If you don't have enough backlinks google might think that you copied the article from any other website to your blog.

Here I found an interesting video about duplicated content :
Duplicate Content on your site

Now I have written an article about my main-keyword, spellchecked every single post, removed all those header-keywords and descended (<- is that correct english ? :wtf: ) the amount of article-keywords.

Another blog I created is http://www.hypnosis-sleep.com . Here I made same mistakes I did on hypnosis-stories and had to change them in order to get some traffic. Now my articles at hypnosis-sleep are well ranked. I'm starting to create some extra backlinks to get them under the top 3 at google.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
GymJunkie and Lusches,

You're both welcome. I don't know as much as most of the other folks in this forum so I have to pick my spots. :smug2:

Best

Anthony

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.