The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
--Sun Tzu

If you are successful you will win false friends and true enemies,
Succeed anyway. - forget source

Death is nothing; but to live defeated and without glory, that is to die every day.
-Napoleon

Always behave like a duck: keep calm and unruffled on the surface,
but paddle like the devil underneath. - Anonymous

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. -Thomas Edison

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

thecoach

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 29, 2007
Regina, SK, Canada
I think a few of these have been mentioned on this thread, but I'm working on a presentation and using some video clips from movies as part of it so I figured I post them the videos. Who says Hollywood is fake...some of this stuff seems pretty truthful and real to me....

Pursuit Of Happiness
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNB6n0FfqAU"]YouTube - Will Smith Pursuit of Happyness[/ame]

Star Wars
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2yKze0iu-U"]YouTube - Star Wars V[/ame]

Rocky Balboa
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBtO8Ay1MNk"]YouTube - Rocky Balboa Speech to his son[/ame]

PoolHall Junkies
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzekDivpK3M"]YouTube - poolhall junkies - lions[/ame]

Pay It Forward:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TueBZhG9jv0"]YouTube - Pay It Forward - The Movement[/ame]

The Legend of Bagger Vance
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2w5-meDjFk"]YouTube - The Legend of Bagger Vance Seeing the Field[/ame]

Any Given Sunday
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs"]YouTube - Any Given Sunday - Peace by Inches - Pacino[/ame]

AlwaysCurious

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jan 16, 2008
GMT +1
Out of my collection:
Amelia Earhart said:
Courage is the price that Life extracts for granting peace.
Confucius said:
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Deepak Chopra said:
The easiest way to get what you want is to help others get what they want.
Mark Twain said:
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream...
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside them was superior to circumstances.
The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter... don't mind...
And those that mind... don't matter."
dr suess

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
All from my facebook:

"Obsessed is a word the weak use to describe the dedicated."

"Well, I kept hoping somebody would do something, then I realized, I am somebody."
-A. Huxley

"what would you do if you knew that you couldn't fail"

"Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone."
–Pablo Picasso

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I F*ck like you wanna F*ck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."-fight club

"shake n bake"-ricky bobby

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs.
Dr. Maxwell Maltz

The reason so few people are successful is no one has yet found a way for someone to sit down and slide uphill.

W. Clement Stone

BLSH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 14, 2008
I found this list online somewhere.... cant recall, but it's pretty nice.

Top 20 Entrepreneurial Quotes

1. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist

2. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary - Vidal Sassoon, entrepreneur

3. Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't - A student in Warren G. Tracy's class, entrepreneur (Thanks Daniel!)

4. The best reason to start an organization is to make meaning - to create a product or service to make the world a better place -€“ Guy Kawasaki, entrepreneur, investor, author

5. Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory - Mahatma Gandhi, political and spiritual leader

6. Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners - Robert T. Kiyosaki, author, entrepreneur, investor

7. Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence - Lisa M. Amos

8. Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life - John F. Kennedy, U.S. President

9. In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable - Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. President

10. The greatest reward in becoming a millionaire is not the amount of money that you earn. It is the kind of person that you have to become to become a millionaire in the first place - Jim Rohn

11. Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them - Anonymous

12. Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make - Donald Trump, real estate and entertainment mogul

13. The entrepreneur in us sees opportunities everywhere we look, but many people see only problems everywhere they look. The entrepreneur in us is more concerned with discriminating between opportunities than he or she is with failing to see the opportunities -€“ Michael Gerber, author, entrepreneur

14. An entrepreneur tends to bite off a little more than he can chew hoping he'll quickly learn how to chew it - Roy Ash, co-founder of Litton Industries

15. The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer - Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's

16. I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful - Warren Buffet, investor and billionaire

17. I never perfected an invention that I did not think about in terms of the service it might give others... I find out what the world needs, then I proceed to invent - Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist

18. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover - Mark Twain, author

19. There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are now afloat;
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose the ventures before us - William Shakespeare, author

20. Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration - Thomas Edison, inventor and scientist

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Sorry if I missed this one.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain"

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain"
I LOVE this!!

No one better personified it than my sweet late mother who lived Happy!!:hurray: every day of her 7 1/2 year battle with cancer.

That's going up on my mirror, dashboard and desk to remind me!

BLSH

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 14, 2008
"BUSINESS WITHOUT PROFIT IS LIKE EATING SOUP WITH A FORK YOU KEEP BUSY BUT YOU STAY HUNGRY"

Unknown source

Janet

In sales sometimes, one thinks that 1-2% of 500,000$ is better than 0% of 500,000.... But this quote helps keep the perspective....

Love it -- Printed and added to the wall....... Repped++.......

Best,

howard_two

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Apr 16, 2008
Motivational Quotes and Others

This was missing....So I thought of adding it:

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.
Dale Carnegie

The hardest thing to understand in the world is the income tax.
Albert Einstein

Real riches are the riches possessed inside.
B. C. Forbes

If you don't drive your business, you will be driven out of business.
B. C. Forbes :D makes sense right!!!

And in the end a sarcastic quote from the second richest man in the world:

If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG--Bill Gates

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Howard_two, thanks for the quotes.
I merged your post with the other thread that was created back in September.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant.
--Anthony Robbins

Smurf

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 14, 2008
Portugal-Brazil
nice thread guys:eusa_clap:

I already printed some of the quotes and have them in my wall:thankyousign:

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
"I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true!!" - Debi Thomas

"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. " - John Barrymore

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions." - Edgar Cayce

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"I don't use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough." - M. C. Escher

"Dreams will get you nowhere, a good kick in the pants will take you a long way." -Baltasar Gracian

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau

This is my contribution to this thread, sorry if some of those are reposts :smxB:

Justin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 19, 2008
This, too, shall pass.

I love this quote. It applies to everything...gives promise when you are down and makes you appreciate when things are up.

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Just wanted to revive this thread with a couple of good quotes :smxF:

"I'm not a driven businessman, but a driven artist. I never think about money. Beautiful things make money." - Lord Acton

"If you don't do it excellently, don't do it at all. Because if it's not excellent, it won't be profitable or fun, and if you're not in business for fun or profit, what the hell are you doing there?" - Robert Townsend

"He profits most who serves best." - Arthur F. Sheldon

"The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary" - Vidal Sassoon

"Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners" - Robert Kiyosaki

"Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success. What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing persistence" - Lisa M. Amos

"The greatest reward in becoming a millionaire is not the amount of money that you earn. It is the kind of person that you have to become to become a millionaire in the first place" - Jim Rohn

"The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer" - Nolan Bushnell

"I never perfected an invention that I did not think about in terms of the service it might give others... I find out what the world needs, then I proceed to invent" - Thomas Edison

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover" - Mark Twain

"The cover-your-butt mentality of the workplace will get you only so far. The follow-your-gut mentality of the entrepreneur has the potential to take you anywhere you want to go or run you right out of business--but it's a whole lot more fun, don't you think?" - Bill Rancic

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Above my desk:

"The common denominator of success-the secret of success of every man who has ever been successful-lies in the fact that he formed the habit of doing things that failures don't like to do."

-Albert E.N. Gray

My sig on another forum:

"Get big fast. Damn the cost. Be brave. Go over the cliff. The competition doesn't have the balls."
Denis O'Brien
"To buy while blood is running in the streets"
Mayer Amschel Rothschild
"The only ones who can shoot are the ones who are prepared to be shot."
Lelouch vi Britannia, 99th Emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire & CEO of the Black Nights. (1999-2018 RIP)

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Through many years of ingesting books, tapes and seminars, I have dozens (hundreds?) of motivation quotes at the tip of my tongue. But I think the one that has always moved me the most is this:

This is the beginning of a new day.
I have been given this day to use as I WILL.
I can waste it... or use it for good.
But what I do today is important,
Because I am exchanging a day of my life for it!
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,
Leaving in its place something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, and not loss;
Good and not evil;
Success and not failure;
In order that I shall not regret the price I have paid for it.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
This is the beginning of a new day.
I have been given this day to use as I WILL.
I can waste it... or use it for good.
But what I do today is important,
Because I am exchanging a day of my life for it!
When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever,
Leaving in its place something that I have traded for it.
I want it to be gain, and not loss;
Good and not evil;
Success and not failure;
In order that I shall not regret the price I have paid for it.

I have never heard this one before, but your right, it certainly stirs the soul. Thank you.

Do you know the author? I want to print this out and put it on my wall.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
I have never heard this one before, but your right, it certainly stirs the soul. Thank you.

Do you know the author? I want to print this out and put it on my wall.

W. Heartsill Wison

I believe it's called A New Day

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
"Success or reward is not the end of the road. Success is the road; it is the journey"

"Are you stepping over dollars to pick up nickles?"

Landlording on Autopilot - Mike Butler

Thanks for the reply Jill. I'm glad you posted who wrote that, I looked it up and about 10 different folks claimed it as their own.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything
except what you're going to do now and do it.
--William Durant

Self-trust is the first secret of success.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.