The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Most important DECISION you made that helped you become a BETTER ENTREPRENEUR?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
What was the most important decision (business/personal/mindset) you made that helped you become a better entrepreneur?

For me it was quitting alcohol more than 2 years ago. After that my whole life, not just my business/entrepreneurial life, drastically changed for better.

What was yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Training hard, eating well, and constantly reminding myself that I am the creator of my own destiny.

Taking charge of your own mind, emotions, and life is the first step towards success.

Losing control over those things is the first step towards catastrophe. It doesn't matter how successful you are, if your mental health fails, everything else will crumble like a house of cards.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
What was the most important decision (business/personal/mindset) you made that helped you become a better entrepreneur?

For me it was quitting alcohol more than 2 years ago. After that my whole life, not just my business/entrepreneurial life, drastically changed for better.

What was yours?
Hello Benjamin, I will go as far as both entrepeneurial and personal life.

The thing that has improved my entrepeneurial life the most is to set goals based on performance versus outcome.

For example, instead of saying , I want to earn 10k a month in one year, I'd say things like " I want to work 4-5 a day on my business for one year".

Statements like this don't rely on motivation to keep you going. They simply rely on " show up and do the work" type of mentality.

"Should I text that girl or not?"

" Should I invite my cowerker to having som driks tonight?"

"Shoul I text that friend that I've haven't talked to in 2 moths?"

And so on...

Being closed, reserved towards people and not opening up really made me sad, then I tried to open uo a little bit and both my confiddence and mood skyrocketed. I was having to much mental masturbation going on.

And this leds me to the second thing wich has led me to increased well beign, wich is simply to being the first to speak, or propose, and not being afraid of others undervaluing you. Actually this can create a lot of opportunities to make new friends, meeting girls and in general enjoying life more.
Opening up to people is like destroying a wall that You put beetween yourself and the external world for being afraid to judgments and things that usually don't exist.

Hope that helps,

Cheers :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Realizing and accepting that it is 100% on me. I will have to build this myself. I will have to fix problems. I will have to come up with the ideas. I will have to execute them. I will have to do almost everything myself because I want it done right. I will have to never outsource my own thinking and judgement. I will have to shoulder the stress and problems that would fold everyone else in half. It takes a firm hand and a clear mind to change the course of your life if you were not born onto the path that you want to be on. Nothing worthwhile will ever be done for you. There's no lottery ticket. There's no Hogwarts letter coming in the mail. There's no radioactive spider that will bite you. There's just a boring, nothing life and you're in it, and if it's going to change it will be 100% dependent on you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
In 2009 I decided to only offer monthly recurring services.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I haven't yet started a business but I can comment.

For it is personal and mindset.

Last year
My decision to read a bout money, what it means, why some people have fun with while others struggle, how I can make and grow it, how I begin to use and not allow it use me.

I learned that I should and can take charge of my finances and stop being one month from broke. Living from paycheck to paycheck.

This as of now is the most significant.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.