The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MONEY Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
The book is the 'trip wire' and the sell, the financial products he recommends are his back end.

I just remembered that I posted this on the forum in the past. It's Tony's funnel and on the bottom of the "Tripwire" (light blue) section is his "Awaken the Giant Within" book. His new book might fit inside there too.

There's some very high ticket offers though...

lifecyclemarketingmap-anthony-robbins-jpg.7064

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Appear to be doing good while advocating the status quo

How to be make money as a Poser, mastery edition

Amidei

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Oct 22, 2014
Denver, CO
I have always had a hard time reading Tony Robbins work. Listening to him is great, because that's where he feels the most connected and has spent the most time there.

This book is wonderful if you are trying to understand the high level finance atmosphere and understand what investors at the top are doing. Robbins has repeated that none of the financial stuff comes from him, that's all the people with the hardcore track record of massive results.

I found it applicable in many places, but not really for entrepreneurial pursuits. More like what you might do with money AFTER you need to start investing it.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Glad you bumped this. I got an email that said he made it as #1 in the New York Times Best Sellers list --- and he did!

http://www.nytimes.com/best-sellers-books/2014-12-14/advice-how-to-and-miscellaneous/list.html

The email was also attempting to sell a $997 offer from Tony. Back-end funnel offers. ;)

Edit: The offer fits right in with the funnel blueprint I posted above. ^ It was offering (I believe) three information products and definitely an Unleash the Power Within even ticket.

Last edited:

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
once I heard him say "IN 60 YEARS, YOU'LL HAVE 1 MILLION DOLLARS" I knew this book was BS.

thank god I didn't waste time reading over 600 pages of slowlane garbage.

Thanks MJ and FLF

FlamingRemedy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 24, 2013
Like everyone else, I like his auditory work, but the book itself does not align with the results I am working towards. Selling it.

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
I bought the audio version about a week ago. While listening he often refers to people not realizing the power of compounding interest. He gives several examples of if you would have invested $500 dollars X number of years ago it'd be worth X number 50 years later!

So far it's just been very basic stuff. Invest X amount of your paycheck and watch it grow year after year. As we all know here saving 10% of your paycheck isn't your golden ticket to the fastlane.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I bought the audio version about a week ago. While listening he often refers to people not realizing the power of compounding interest. He gives several examples of if you would have invested $500 dollars X number of years ago it'd be worth X number 50 years later!

So far it's just been very basic stuff. Invest X amount of your paycheck and watch it grow year after year. As we all know here saving 10% of your paycheck isn't your golden ticket to the fastlane.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

The financial markets nor compound interest is how TR got rich. And now he wants to prop up this smoldering strawman to the masses who will, undoubtedly, worship his seemingly sound advice. And behind the scenes, TR is making millions by plowing the slumbering masses into his sales funnel serving the financial markets, not investing in it.

I can't believe people are this stupid blind. Oh wait, I can.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Classic case of do as I say, not as I do.

On the flip flop though, he might have knowledge on the subject. Just because that's not how HE did it, he can still let Joe from the deli know how to save money. It's like a bodybuilder who uses steroids telling an amateur how to lift naturally. Anyone with a pulse can tell TR didn't get rich by investing 10% a month, likewise you don't become 5'10, 300lbs, 6% body fat from genetics. They just know how average Joe can pull it off.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
If I didn't get an excellent deal on the book, I wouldn't of bought it but I figured for the price it would be worth reading as I know very little about investing.

As people have said here, I'm a massive TR advocate. However from reading his book, Awaken the giant within, and now this one, more than likely I won't be buying any more of his books. Don't get me wrong, ATGW, life changing book if you apply the info, but an incredible amount of fluff. Not a fan of his writing style. He definitely appeals to the masses, slowlaners, NOT fastlaners.

Had to skip the first 20 pages of this book just to get to some of the important info. No reason to blame him, most people will work to build someone else's dream there whole life, myself included.

You smell sales pitch throughout the entire book ( from what I read so far ). Also I found it odd there were so many youtube videos on the book. He made 3 1 hour videos JUST about the book. It's a 3 hour sales pitch for the book basically. AND he has hour long interviews with some successful people like Frank Kern, talking about the book, more sales pitches.

I'm sure he put a massive amount of effort and work into the book, it's just not for someone who wants to get rich.

TR is an excellent salesman, he targets slowlaners because they are 99% of people ( more profit ), not fastlaners.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/to...-the-game-of-money-in-his-new-book-2014-11-25

Based on this overview, I won't be buying it. Sounds like more of the same regurgitated nonsense sanctifying the trillion dollar financial industry. BTW, TR is not living on a private island because he invested and saved into Wall Street.

So true! I went through the audio book, honestly... it's long, and you'll hear a lot and lose track. Actionable steps... very limited (for me). But I heard recently that many index funds have seen an increase in investment, whether it was an impact of this book, the affiliates promoting index funds I don't know.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
So, I started reading this book and all I keep thinking is, "This guy got rich without investing." I can't get past that and I'm thinking about putting the book down.

However, I did come across with one really important takeaway, which is to start taking advantage of the power of compounding interest and to pay yourself first.

Obviously, my goal is to get rich and retire from my business. But I wouldn’t mind putting a little aside now and when I actually start making money. The problem is that I’m so confused about where to start putting my money. Right now I put 12-15% of my paycheck in savings, where I’m not earning interest, thus not taking advantage of the power of compounding interest. Everyone keeps telling me that I should be putting it into the Simple IRA with a 3% match that my company is offering, but none of these people are actually wealthy and I don’t like the idea of losing control.

Does anyone have some practical advice about where to put 12-15% of my paycheck into, aside from my current business ventures?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
which is to start taking advantage of the power of compounding interest and to pay yourself first.

LOL.

[GALLERY=media, 73]Compound Interest Is A Scam[/GALLERY]

Does anyone have some practical advice about where to put 12-15% of my paycheck into, aside from my current business ventures?

I devoted multiple chapters of this in Unscripted . If you're parting with your money, you should expect rent. Otherwise, I prefer cash especially with the markets at all time highs.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
I devoted multiple chapters of this in Unscripted . If you're parting with your money, you should expect rent. Otherwise, I prefer cash especially with the markets at all time highs.

thanks for the reply. I started reading Unscripted last week... I guess that I didn't get to this section yet. Great book so far!

TStrike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Aug 19, 2017
USA
If you're parting with your money, you should expect rent. Otherwise, I prefer cash especially with the markets at all time highs.

Agreed. I pulled out of all stocks except for 4. All are consistent, high dividend payers that have shown consistent growth, even during crises of the past. In 75% of my assets are divided between silver, private market, and income generating sites.

The only reason I have those 4 stocks are for the dividends. If price goes down, I'll just buy more. As you say in Unscripted , the markets are best for wealth preservation, not growth.

TStrike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Aug 19, 2017
USA

As @MJ DeMarco said, he devotes several chapters of Unscripted to this.

Even so, here's roughly my portfolio:

5% cash
10% public market
10% silver
20% private market
55% websites

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

Awesome thanks, that helps give me a different way to think.

Just to clarify - when you say 5% cash. What exactly does that mean? 5% of your income is not tied up and in a savings account or something?

TStrike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Aug 19, 2017
USA
Awesome thanks, that helps give me a different way to think.

Just to clarify - when you say 5% cash. What exactly does that mean? 5% of your income is not tied up and in a savings account or something?

It means that 5% of my capital is liquid and can move quickly from place to place. Liquid capital can be cash, checking accounts, etc.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
I am an avid Tony Robbins fan and have been to "Unleash the Power Within" and have also bought three of his audio programs and will buy "Personal Power II" in the future.

That being said, I finished "Get the Edge" a few years ago and implemented exactly zero percent of it into my financial strategies.

I will not be reading this book anytime soon and if I need financial advice I'll look elsewhere.

I am still waiting for that elusive, middle-class, mutual funds investor who used compound interest to make millions. Maybe one day I will find him/her.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
It's unfortunate that Tony decided to get into this space. I had just recommended Robbins to a friend, and gave him the Unleash the Power Within audio, which he thought was great.

I then told him to read Awaken the Giant Within, but instead this friend decided to get Tony's money books, and now wants to start investing in the stock market.

This is someone who is broke and in his 60s, and has zero knowledge of how the stock market works.. He's now convinced he has discovered a money machine that no one else knows about. It's not gonna end well.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I then told him to read Awaken the Giant Within

I still recommend that book as well.

It's unfortunate that Tony decided to get into this space.

Follow the money...

Which is a shame, because TR was doing just fine. Now he's duplicitous pretty much like every other guru.

Still waiting to take his seminar on how to make millions selling seminars....

This is someone who is broke and in his 60s

In other words, he's bought into a fantasy. The stock market ain't going to help him to retire in 5 years. The only thing that can do that is an explosive income. He destined to be dependent on social security and a 50 year fairy tale to execute in 5. Truly sad.

oimate

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 8, 2015
It really is a big shame he is branching into finance-I love TR and have multiple things of his downloaded/brought/listening on youtube and with Jim Rohn my favourite motivational speaker.

However now for the past few years all he really talks about is finance and you just know deep down he hasnt wrote these books 'because he saw the pain in ordinary peoples lifes during the financial crash'-You know he's writing it as he'll get a kickback from the finance companies who have 'gave them their time' so he can interview them.

Big Big shame he's selling out but i'll still read a couple of his books (again) every year etc etc

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Glad we have objective views around here

Because surely you being on Tony's payroll, we can expect you to be completely unbiased and objective. Now that's a :rofl:.

I don't think anyone here will deny that TR is a phenomenal motivator like yourself. ;)

But the bottomline remains: Him shilling for Wall Street by authoring a book about compound interest is like me writing a book about how to get rich as a Hollywood actor. I know I know, he wrote it for the average Joe on how to be average for 50 years while waiting to be awesome in your last 5 years of life.

Still waiting to take his seminar on how to make millions selling seminars....

Again+

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
.....is like me writing a book about how to get rich as a Hollywood actor.

I would look forward to that book but I'm not the most attractive fellow so even Creepy Harvey wouldn't want a massage from me.

Veloce Grey

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2014
Tony's book reminds me a bit of when Hollywood takes a very basic storyline that could easily be a TV movie, but adds some big name actors, special effects and a huge marketing budget. Predictable, not rattling any cages and with enough name recognition and marketing push it becomes financially successful for him.

Of course it's easier for most of the population to read something like that as it probably doesn't require a great deal of thought given it conforms to what they get told by many other sources too. Mental laziness has a price just like physical laziness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.