The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ's Garage

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ha, I wish! My garage looks like everyone else's garage!

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Ha, I wish! My garage looks like everyone else's garage!

LOL! Yea. When I see a picture like this:

garage.jpg

I think of someone who has at least 50 million dollars, because a lot of those cars cost around half a million. Having a garage full of cars like that, means you have to at least be on the higher end of the wealth scale.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
I'm thinking more like $100M.

True. While someone with 50 million could fill up a garage with cars like that, it wouldn't be very wise of them to do so, as that would take a large chunk out of their wealth, and they'd have to keep paying for insurance costs, repair costs, etc.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
Dizzam! There's a thread I saw before on L4P that had some crazy ridiculous garages too..

Jay Leno's garage has to be counted as one of them; he has hundreds of cars and is continuously adding new ones. The man has separate sections of his garage just dedicated to specific types of cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris, etc. But, he has around a billion dollars so he can afford to buy that many cars.

[video=youtube;TZBIwWHSabo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBIwWHSabo&playnext=1&list=PLF063062548979FAD[/video]

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Thank you puckman! I now have another goal and some more motivation :)

dnice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Apr 28, 2011
Just finished the concrete floor for my "ultimate" garage after 4 years of having a dirt floor. I can't wait to one day fill it with a Ferrari or Lamborghini or both!

Garage1.jpg

Garage2.jpg

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
True. While someone with 50 million could fill up a garage with cars like that, it wouldn't be very wise of them to do so, as that would take a large chunk out of their wealth, and they'd have to keep paying for insurance costs, repair costs, etc.

That's all relative. If you have 5 Billion, $100M doesn't sound like much.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
That's all relative. If you have 5 Billion, $100M doesn't sound like much.

True that.

In my previous life, I had a client who lived in his dream house (custom designed/built). He wasn't into cars, but his theater probably ran over a million $$$, all told. He drank only his favorite wine each night ($200/bottle, on avg), and had his fresh veggies FedEx'd in each day.

I marveled at this, but he explained that he didn't do other lavish things (ski trips to Switzerland, diving in the South Pacific, etc). And he wasn't into cars, drugs, planes, boats-- all the big money suckers.

So he figured he might as well enjoy everything else in his life to the fullest.

At the time, I'm guessing he was worth about $600 mil.

-Russ H.

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
Lol......you guys and your expensive tastes. ;)

I'll be cool with a Hummer H2 and BMW convertible.

moop

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jun 1, 2010
LOL! Yea. When I see a picture like this:

garage.jpg

I think of someone who has at least 50 million dollars, because a lot of those cars cost around half a million. Having a garage full of cars like that, means you have to at least be on the higher end of the wealth scale.

That looks more like a showroom!

puckman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 12, 2011
NYC
thanks dnice, I want one of these. this city apt is pretty lame and I cant wait to get out where I can have some space, I would fill it up with some cars, tools and a small crossfit gym

dnice

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Apr 28, 2011
thanks dnice, I want one of these. this city apt is pretty lame and I cant wait to get out where I can have some space, I would fill it up with some cars, tools and a small crossfit gym

I know what you mean about having no space. Lived in a crowded apartment complex for almost 10 years and just hated it.

I definitely will be filling it up with cars, tools and a gym. For the first car, I'm just waiting for the 2012 Raptor to come out!!

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
True that.

In my previous life, I had a client who lived in his dream house (custom designed/built). He wasn't into cars, but his theater probably ran over a million $$$, all told. He drank only his favorite wine each night ($200/bottle, on avg), and had his fresh veggies FedEx'd in each day.

I marveled at this, but he explained that he didn't do other lavish things (ski trips to Switzerland, diving in the South Pacific, etc). And he wasn't into cars, drugs, planes, boats-- all the big money suckers.

So he figured he might as well enjoy everything else in his life to the fullest.

At the time, I'm guessing he was worth about $600 mil.

-Russ H.
There's an alternative. Like Felix Dennis said, if it floats, flys or fornicates, rent it!

Darkside

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 4, 2010
San Diego
There's an alternative. Like Felix Dennis said, if it floats, flys or fornicates, rent it!

LOL! He's definitely right about the flying and floating part; buying a private jet or yacht only makes sense if you're a billionaire, otherwise you'll quickly burn through your money if you have less than that. Many would probably disagree about the fornicating part; as you probably know Felix Dennis has never gotten married so he probably views marriage as a mistake for wealthy people.

Autonomust

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 27, 2011
Northeast PA
C'mon people we all know that MJ keeps a few secret exotic prototypes in a hidden underground garage.

lol j/k :smxB:

piotrkrzyzek

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jun 22, 2011
Glenview, IL
You don't need to be a 9 figure income holder to have a garage similar to that. A friend's father makes low-ish 6 figures and his garages consist of:

Mercedes S600 V12 (long body sedan)
Mercedes S600L V12 (the coupe version)
Mercedes Adenauer (3/4th's completely rebuilt and upgraded to 2011 specs)
Original Porsche 911 (he's had it for ages)

47 foot World cup race class Yatch.

Do you need 'some' money for it? yeah. But you don't need a billion to have some nice toys.

Autonomust

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 27, 2011
Northeast PA
You don't need to be a 9 figure income holder to have a garage similar to that. A friend's father makes low-ish 6 figures and his garages consist of:

Mercedes S600 V12 (long body sedan)
Mercedes S600L V12 (the coupe version)
Mercedes Adenauer (3/4th's completely rebuilt and upgraded to 2011 specs)
Original Porsche 911 (he's had it for ages)

47 foot World cup race class Yatch.

Do you need 'some' money for it? yeah. But you don't need a billion to have some nice toys.

Thats true and it definitley comes down to the model and whether it was bought new or used too along with things like maintanence and insurance and I've read a few articles on another forum that analyzed different luxury car makes and their cost of ownership a few months ago and they ll came to the same conclusion that meant you don't have to be insanely rich to own certain cars just like you said.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
Am I the only one here who has absolutely no desire to ever own a lamborgini or any other small supercar? I would have more fun in a clone of Tim Allen's 96 Impala SS with a fuel injected 572 big block in it.......

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.