The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ's book made it to #7

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
I was just skimming You Tube and found the video "15 Business Books Everyone Should Read" and MJ's book is number 7. I thought it was comical when it recommended to be read after the "4 Hour Workweek". Check this video out

View: https://youtu.be/Dk9mcJtIuCs

What do you think? Comments. . . . . .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I was just skimming You Tube and found the video "15 Business Books Everyone Should Read" and MJ's book is number 7. I thought it was comical when it recommended to be read after the "4 Hour Workweek". Check this video out

I think that it's not rated on best to worst it's just a list.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Yes I know, I just though it funny to see that you should read TMF after 4-hr.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Damn, customer acquisition costs for the 9000% increase in sales=zero dollars :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Damn, customer acquisition costs for the 9000% increase in sales=zero dollars :)

Gotta love a productocracy.

Yes I know, I just though it funny to see that you should read TMF after 4-hr.

While I didn't find 4HWW useful to me, I consider the association an honor, just like being compared to RichDad Poor Dad (a book I enjoyed). These books sold gazillions.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
While I didn't find 4HWW useful to me, I consider the association an honor, just like being compared to RichDad Poor Dad (a book I enjoyed). These books sold gazillions.

Now that it's included with this video you're probably going to sell even more copies of TMF along with Unscripted . That's cool!!

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
this youtube channel alux is too much event driven but hope for MJ to increase his sales ;)

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
I think people give the 4hww way too much shit on here. It advocates alot of the same principles as TMF /Unscripted , the title simply had the best conversion rate when tested was initially "drug dealing for fun and profit" or something like that in reference to the supplement company he was running (on autopilot). I like Ferriss overall and have heard him say that one of his biggest pains is that people think he advocates laziness. Anyway, only posting this because I think people shy away from what I think is a valuable resource 4hww / alot of the business related stuff on his blog based on the title of that book instead of the contents.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Even though 4HWW is a different message, I think it has value as well.

I know a number of successful entrepreneurs who were inspired to get their start by that book. Whether you agree with his methods or not, how could that be anything but a good thing?

Also think that the message is a bit misunderstood. If you listen to him more and actually watch what he does, his thing is really more about productivity than just sitting around on a beach making "passive income".

Four Hour Workweek is just great copywriting that sells books.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Also, congrats to @MJ DeMarco on some more well-deserved recognition.

I always recommend TMF to everyone (which I don't do with 4HWW, despite my contrarian view expressed above, lol).

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Lol, I thought you meant on the best seller list, not some random list some guy made

Seriously though, MJs done a great job on marketing and building an audience, as well as keeping to a central theme
Its a great example to follow, so much so I respect his book making more than the original limo website.

Its good stuff. Nod worthy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.