The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Million Dollar Idea? : Auto-Generated Quizzes & Essay Score Predictor For Students

Idea threads

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
Hey guys, anyone have some input on if this saas idea is worth attacking. I've been stuck on this idea for some time. I recently graduated college with a undergrad in law and have always wanted some form of tool / platform that could generate quizzes/test me just through my notes while also allowing me to write essays and, in a way, help guide me as well as forecast my potential grade of the finished essay. I know a decent amount of code though I have a long way to go.

What do y'all think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
If you make a quick prototype/demo, test it with real people, collect data -- you will quickly learn if the idea has merit.

If you are unable to test the idea quickly, you likely also lack the capability to build/launch/scale the fully executed version of the idea.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey guys, anyone have some input on if this saas idea is worth attacking. I've been stuck on this idea for some time. I recently graduated college with a undergrad in law and have always wanted some form of tool / platform that could generate quizzes/test me just through my notes while also allowing me to write essays and, in a way, help guide me as well as forecast my potential grade of the finished essay. I know a decent amount of code though I have a long way to go.

What do y'all think?
I went to law school during the 1990s when I was in my early 40s. The best study aid I ever used was a stack of flashcards. They had the different legal concepts explained through totally funny stories -- which were a take-off of children's fairy tales. It made those concepts a lot easier to remember. Just a thought.

Fridericus Rex

den der Lorbeerkranz ziert
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 10, 2023
Did a quick search and found some services already offering this. Not saying you can’t do it. I think its a great idea and this obviously shows some demand. You will just need to think of your value skew.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

What do y'all think?
You can use Bubble.io (its a no code app builder) to test the prototype without getting lost in coding.

Just a thought. I would recommend building the prototype in public (like they tell you what they want the app to do)

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
,Hey guys, anyone have some input on if this saas idea is worth attacking. I've been stuck on this idea for some time. I recently graduated college with a undergrad in law and have always wanted some form of tool / platform that could generate quizzes/test me just my notes while also allowing me to write essays and, in a way, help guide me as well as forecast my potential grade of the finished essay. I know a decent amount of code though I have a long way to go.

What do y'all think?
Reading this a thought comes to mind. The people you want to help will mostly be students, who may or may not be the most able to shell out bucks to study.

Why not target a specific kind of student that want to achieve a particular goal like (just what comes off the top of my head), the SAT exam or the TOEFL where they have to pay to sit for and would really benefit from scoring well in as few times as possible or let's say the Bar Exam where maybe @WJK would be able to give more insight into that.

With an objective you want them to reach I have no doubt it will make both the product creation and marketing much easier !

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
If you make a quick prototype/demo, test it with real people, collect data -- you will quickly learn if the idea has merit.

If you are unable to test the idea quickly, you likely also lack the capability to build/launch/scale the fully executed version of the idea.
Thanks for the reply! I could make a prototype in a reasonable amount of time. at least the bare bones of the possible application and see if people want something like it.

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
Reading this a thought comes to mind. The people you want to help will mostly be students, who may or may not be the most able to shell out bucks to study.

Why not target a specific kind of student that want to achieve a particular goal like (just what comes off the top of my head), the SAT exam or the TOEFL where they have to pay to sit for and would really benefit from scoring well in as few times as possible or let's say the Bar Exam where maybe @WJK would be able to give more insight into that.

With an objective you want them to reach I have no doubt it will make both the product creation and marketing much easier !
thanks for your reply! You make an amazing point, When I was studying for my LSATS it would have been just awesome to have something to help me study while also bringing me value as there is some form of financial risk in test taking the LSAT MCAT or GMAT. I'll do some further research into this but further niching down while skewing some possible customer value may be at play here.

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
You can use Bubble.io (its a no code app builder) to test the prototype without getting lost in coding.

Just a thought. I would recommend building the prototype in public (like they tell you what they want the app to do)
Will do! I now understand that getting an MVP out is where I must start. Better to know that there is a need rather than building an app for months and come to find out that no one wants this. Thank you :)

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
Did a quick search and found some services already offering this. Not saying you can’t do it. I think its a great idea and this obviously shows some demand. You will just need to think of your value skew.
Competition is good. What sort of companies did you find? I haven't seen anything with this exact idea?

Nizzy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 6, 2023
I went to law school during the 1990s when I was in my early 40s. The best study aid I ever used was a stack of flashcards. They had the different legal concepts explained through totally funny stories -- which were a take-off of children's fairy tales. It made those concepts a lot easier to remember. Just a thought.
Hm, interesting. Perhaps niching down may be better while also including such a feature digitally. the financial risk of failing in addition to the gain of acing the LSAT and the like is quite valuable. I'll look into it some more, thank you for your input sir :)

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hm, interesting. Perhaps niching down may be better while also including such a feature digitally. the financial risk of failing in addition to the gain of acing the LSAT and the like is quite valuable. I'll look into it some more, thank you for your input sir :)
You must find "a jump-off point" for filling a real need -- one that people are happy to pay for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.