The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mentorbox, go or no go??

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Hello my friends,

I love reading books, and try to read as much as possible every day. I really have a lot of books on my list that I want to read...but you know time is sometimes an issue.

On Instagram I walked into this advertising from Mentorbox, MentorBox LLC.

Story looks ok, did anybody subscribed to Mentorbox and is it a go or no go?

Greetings Andre

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hmm...

2D8516F2-FB9A-4870-8659-ADB16BC1E3C4.png

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Hhaahha

Did you try searching "Mentorbox reviews"?

Looking at the website was enough for me

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Reading books takes time, why dont you just skip all that reading meading bullshit and buy my service so I can summarize A BOOK into a 4 minute video. How amazing, you can get all the learnings, in just a few minutes!? And then go back to watching Netflix. Boom, who even needs to read books? Looooosers!!

Anytime you try to look for shortcuts to things in life where there are no shortcuts, you'll find some a**hole that'll sell you on the idea that it's possible.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Hhaahha

Did you try searching "Mentorbox reviews"?

Looking at the website was enough for me

First I checked here, because I think al lot of people on this forum see things te same as I do. So a review here has more meaning.

Tnx

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Reading books takes time, why dont you just skip all that reading meading bullshit and buy my service so I can summarize A BOOK into a 4 minute video. How amazing, you can get all the learnings, in just a few minutes!? And then go back to watching Netflix. Boom, who even needs to read books? Looooosers!!

Anytime you try to look for shortcuts to things in life where there are no shortcuts, you'll find some a**hole that'll sell you on the idea that it's possible.

Not looking for shortcuts, but for some extra ways. Thank you for your straightforward answer...really like it.

GrayCode

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
399%
Nov 23, 2015
Not looking for shortcuts, but for some extra ways. Thank you for your straightforward answer...really like it.
I don't think @AceVentures was saying you are looking for shortcuts. I think he was saying that in general people are looking for shortcuts to avoid doing the actual work.

That being said. I personally would not buy mentorbox. Just do the work.

Don't listen to the stat that goes like this:

'Successful CEOs read 52 books a year!'

All bullshit, successful CEOs do the work and when their time is more valuable than the work they're doing, they delegate the work and keep moving up the chain to more valuable work.

And another thing... I know @MJ DeMarco said this before, but I also thought this before I even heard him mention it (his mentioning just confirmed my belief)

Don't read books for the sake of reading books

Only read a book (if you need to) on the very next issue in front of you and frankly, some of the things people spend weeks reading books on can be solved in 1 blog post. "How do I do X".

Don't become a success zombie.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I don't think @AceVentures was saying you are looking for shortcuts. I think he was saying that in general people are looking for shortcuts to avoid doing the actual work.

All bullshit, successful CEOs do the work and when their time is more valuable than the work they're doing, they delegate the work and keep moving up the chain to more valuable work.

And another thing... I know @MJ DeMarco said this before, but I also thought this before I even heard him mention it (his mentioning just confirmed my belief)

Only read a book (if you need to) on the very next issue in front of you and frankly, some of the things people spend weeks reading books on can be solved in 1 blog post. "How do I do X".

Thanks for clarifying what I meant to communicate in a more delicate and mindful manner.

My apologies OP, I'm rereading my post and find I was harsh. Anger comes from the gurus' deceptive methods, not from your genuine desire to improve your life and become more efficient.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Thanks for clarifying what I meant to communicate in a more delicate and mindful manner.

My apologies OP, I'm rereading my post and find I was harsh. Anger comes from the gurus' deceptive methods, not from your genuine desire to improve your life and become more efficient.
No hard feelings. I liked your answer. But it seems that more so called guru's try to sell their stuff? At least in the Netherlands I notice this is a new trend.

Thanks to a forum like this , the books (like from @MJ DeMarco )and my own experience of course I am much more sceptic about it. so please go on with giving straight and honost advice!

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands

I read books because I really like to read. 52 a year is BS indeed, but I'm like reading more for example than watching webinars, everybody has his own way of learning.

I have my own companies for 7 years now , and I know it is hard work. But the last year I made a daily habit of reading, just like meditating,healthy food, sports etc.

I noticed that it brings a lot, I really looking forward to the moment I can read.

But thank you for your answer, appreciate it

DimDog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
700%
Jan 18, 2020
Hello my friends,

I love reading books, and try to read as much as possible every day. I really have a lot of books on my list that I want to read...but you know time is sometimes an issue.

On Instagram I walked into this advertising from Mentorbox, MentorBox LLC.

Story looks ok, did anybody subscribed to Mentorbox and is it a go or no go?

Greetings Andre

I originally paid for the $7 a month fee for 'Mentorbox' as well as the $89 for the one time fee for the 'Audiobook Nuggets' (incidentally there are only 37 total); the site proceeded to offer me the ONE TIME $20 charge for the 'Entrepreneur Academy' and subsequently $59 for the ONE TIME 'Investment Academy' of which I accepted both. I was surprised when I was charged all of the above again the next month. I contacted Mentorbox and the claimed that No, it's a monthly subscription. I was certain that they offered me one time charges for the EA and IA Products because there's no way I would spend over $1000 a year for brief synopsis of books when for the same amount get 70 or so full audiobooks from Audible.com; so to ease my now nagging uncertainty, I offered up the question on the 'Mentorbox Mastermind Facebook' page of whether this experience was true for anyone else. My post was immediately removed. You'd think if it weren't true that the Host would allow the question to be raised to prove me wrong. So I posted: "To whoever deleted my post, you have thankfully answered my question and verified my suspicions." and was met with this: Your post goes against our Community Standards so only you can see it. I have been blocked. Blocked so as not to reveal the deceptive practices of Mentorbox.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Blocked so as not to reveal the deceptive practices of Mentorbox.

Not surprised. Thanks for sharing your experience.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I used to like Tai Lopez and his whole posse, I thought they were cool guys who genuinely wanted to do good.

Then I started to understand how their business model works, and that they're not all they're cracked up to be. But still, I thought at least they're telling people positive things like to read books and pursue entrepreneurship. And if you leave it at that and don't give them a bunch of money, then there you go, there are some good lessons there.

Now I'm just jaded by all this marketing guru bs, after being around it for a few years now.

And the one big thing that bothers me about most of these guru type people, is you have a really hard time finding the businesses they were involved in before they became an "expert"

With both tai and Alex, after you do some digging, you'll find they both founded sketchy dating sites.

There's also this video someone made on mentorbox and alex:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=45&v=qiEBGUvuMag&feature=emb_title

And @DimDog was talking about the ridiculous and annoying upsell process he was taken through, I would just stick with things like audible to consume books.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I originally paid for the $7 a month fee for 'Mentorbox' as well as the $89 for the one time fee for the 'Audiobook Nuggets' (incidentally there are only 37 total); the site proceeded to offer me the ONE TIME $20 charge for the 'Entrepreneur Academy' and subsequently $59 for the ONE TIME 'Investment Academy' of which I accepted both. I was surprised when I was charged all of the above again the next month. I contacted Mentorbox and the claimed that No, it's a monthly subscription. I was certain that they offered me one time charges for the EA and IA Products because there's no way I would spend over $1000 a year for brief synopsis of books when for the same amount get 70 or so full audiobooks from Audible.com; so to ease my now nagging uncertainty, I offered up the question on the 'Mentorbox Mastermind Facebook' page of whether this experience was true for anyone else. My post was immediately removed. You'd think if it weren't true that the Host would allow the question to be raised to prove me wrong. So I posted: "To whoever deleted my post, you have thankfully answered my question and verified my suspicions." and was met with this: Your post goes against our Community Standards so only you can see it. I have been blocked. Blocked so as not to reveal the deceptive practices of Mentorbox.
Would it have been worth the $7/mth to you?

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Interesting, I would have thought that folks here are a cut above the crowd! so this question shouldn't have come up in the first place. This offering does not pass the test of smell, not that there is anything wrong with it for its target market - the wannabes and the action fakers. It does not add value to anyone in the process of unscripting their lives.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Thanks for sharing your story, hopefully some people will read it before they pay for the scam

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
During time you learn to separate the real deal from the bs.

My first book was about a rich And poor dad .
But I was hooked to this sort of books because it told about making money, not knowing if it was real entrepreneurship.

But you have to start somewhere...sometimes things come along that drew your attention, then it is nice to have a forum like this to learn .

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
Interesting, I would have thought that folks here are a cut above the crowd! so this question shouldn't have come up in the first place. This offering does not pass the test of smell, not that there is anything wrong with it for its target market - the wannabes and the action fakers. It does not add value to anyone in the process of unscripting their lives.

Maybe 'some' folks are not so experienced and super successful then you are....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here's a picture of my MentorBox...

IMG_0547.JPG

... everytime I get in my truck, I listen to an audiobook. :playful:

No one knows what you need to learn more than you do.

Now I almost want to drive somewhere when I don't need too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.