The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Med Student Struggling to find Open Road!

Idea threads

daileydosemd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 8, 2023
Dear Fastlaners

First post here, I am a 25 year old medical student from a low-income family currently being supported by my family and it burns me to the core how work has taken over the lives of my parents in order for them to fund my tuition and make a living.

I am have read TMF over and over, and I am completely fixed on the idea that the slowlane mentality of waiting until graduation to then start making a living is a failure model to follow.

There is so much fire to get started and go ahead and produce VALUE to people, but the clock is ticking and I am yet still to find an open road that I can lock in and commit to execution and start of impacting people's lives.

Please can someone who's found their open road and began their journey of building their fastlane system help me overcome this hurdle, will be eternally grateful!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Dear Fastlaners

First post here, I am a 25 year old medical student from a low-income family currently being supported by my family and it burns me to the core how work has taken over the lives of my parents in order for them to fund my tuition and make a living.

I am have read TMF over and over, and I am completely fixed on the idea that the slowlane mentality of waiting until graduation to then start making a living is a failure model to follow.

There is so much fire to get started and go ahead and produce VALUE to people, but the clock is ticking and I am yet still to find an open road that I can lock in and commit to execution and start of impacting people's lives.

Please can someone who's found their open road and began their journey of building their fastlane system help me overcome this hurdle, will be eternally grateful!!

I am not sure what you are asking for. Ideas? Examples? There are hundreds of execution threads on this forum of people doing various things like cleaning windows, cleaning gutters, copywriting, web design, building apps and so on.

Start by reading those threads and , then pick something and just get started.

mamamargaux

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 24, 2022
Hi
I suggest make your parents read TMF and Unscripted , not just you. You are a student. If this is what you want to do, then focus on this. Let your parents learn from MJ DeMarco and let them figure out what they can do to escape the rat race. If you do not want to pursue to be a doctor. then tell your parents immediately and don't waste their money. Have a deep conversation with your parents as to what you really want to pursue.

For you, you can help your parents by working part time. Some people are using Tiktok or IG as a side hustle. See if this works for you. Or you can do part time work - tutor, transcribe, etc for a more consistent income.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I am not sure what you are asking for. Ideas? Examples? There are hundreds of execution threads on this forum of people doing various things like cleaning windows, cleaning gutters, copywriting, web design, building apps and so on.

Start by reading those threads and , then pick something and just get started.
which one do you suggest?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
I think you are trolling now. So I prefer to stop responding. Good luck to you.
You can hide their posts site-wide by going on their profile and clicking "Ignore".

daileydosemd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 8, 2023
@mamamargaux - my parents are immigrants from a war-torn country and each of them barely went through 1/2 of traditional schooling. Their English isn't good at all unfortunately and they're deeply stuck in the rat-race. Anyway, I know both I can complete my education to a high degree whilst running a successful business - others have done, why can't I?

@Tau Ceti - personal examples is what I was seeking, of people who personally went out of the idea phase into the actual building of the tangible service/offering.

Thanks for your idea inputs guys!

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
@mamamargaux - my parents are immigrants from a war-torn country and each of them barely went through 1/2 of traditional schooling. Their English isn't good at all unfortunately and they're deeply stuck in the rat-race. Anyway, I know both I can complete my education to a high degree whilst running a successful business - others have done, why can't I?

@Tau Ceti - personal examples is what I was seeking, of people who personally went out of the idea phase into the actual building of the tangible service/offering.

Well in that case, my point still stands. There are hundreds of threads on this forum from people who have started a business.

You can find them easily as they all have the tag "execution".
They are great, you should read them.

mamamargaux

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 24, 2022

You definitely can do both: complete your studies and run a successful business. If you are starting a business all on your own, you must be prepared to endure and sacrifice a lot. Maybe invest in a translation service for your parents to be able to read MJ de Marco's books? If you are the first, then you can talk to MJ about this. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.