The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm struggling to find an Idea of what business I want to make

Idea threads

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Hello, I am struggling to think of things that I can sell. I am sure I want to make an e-commerce business but I don't know where to go from there. At first I was thinking of creating an AI product and selling that, but there is already a huge supply of that and I don't have any knowledge of how to create it. TMF says to find what you offer and sell it to millions of people but how do I know what I have to offer?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Don't look for an idea. Look for a problem.
  1. Develop a solution.
  2. Sell it.
  3. Learn from feedback.
  4. Go to point #1.
That's the engine of any business.

I am sure I want to make an e-commerce business but I don't know where to go from there.
At first I was thinking of creating an AI product and selling that, but there is already a huge supply of that and I don't have any knowledge of how to create it.
You're putting the cart before the horse.
You're confusing the actual solution to the problem with the medium of exchange.

Don't go for the latest hot trends in technology. Look for an actual problem that you can tackle in the next 6 months.

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
  1. Develop a solution.
  2. Sell it.
  3. Learn from feedback.
  4. Go to point #1.

You're confusing the actual solution to the problem with the medium of exchange.

Don't go for the latest hot trends in technology. Look for an actual problem that you can tackle in the next 6 months.
This is solid advice for you Elimination. This is how I found my way. Turn your business mind on during the day and look for problems and then think of solutions for them. Then choose the one you think you can reasonably handle.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
  1. Develop a solution.
  2. Sell it.
  3. Learn from feedback.
  4. Go to point #1.

Thank you for the first part, you're right I need to focus on a problem and a solution for millions of people. What do you mean though when you said I'm confusing the solution to the problem with the medium of exchange. Can you reiterate on that because I didn't understand it.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
This is solid advice for you Elimination. This is how I found my way. Turn your business mind on during the day and look for problems and then think of solutions for them. Then choose the one you think you can reasonably handle.
Alright I think I got it, I'll keep my eyes open for any problems I notice throughout the day that many other people possibly have, and try to come up with a solution I can sell to people. I think that's what MJ said in TMF , he said to change your mindset to always notice when you have a problem and to try to come up with a solution.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
What do you mean though when you said I'm confusing the solution to the problem with the medium of exchange. Can you reiterate on that because I didn't understand it.
Sure.

What I meant by that, is that you should not confuse the tools you end up using with the business itself.

The goal is not to build AI software. The goal is to solve a problem - and the solution you come up with might rely on AI, cloud computing, or any other available technology.

But those are merely the tools that you use to build the business.

If you're a builder the goal is to build houses. You don't randomly decide on using some arbitrary type of bricks (in this case, AI), and then try to figure out what to do with them. That's putting the cart before the horse.

MJ recently dropped a 15-kiloton gold bomb on this topic:

Once again we have someone confusing a TOOL into a BUSINESS MODEL.

Writing is a tool.
Newsletters are a tool.
Blogs are a tool.
Selling on Amazon is a powerful tool.
Podcasting is a tool.
TikTok shorts is a tool.
AI is a tool.

Build a business and use these tools.

When the tools themselves are used as a business model, then it becomes a horrible grind.

Yes, you can be successful turning a tool into a business model. But you can also be successful joining an MLM or buying lottery tickets.

To which I say, writing on Medium? For what ends? I'm trying to imagine WHAT GOAL do you have where "spend countless months writing articles on medium" is a goal.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
Sure.

What I meant by that, is that you should not confuse the tools you end up using with the business itself.

The goal is not to build AI software. The goal is to solve a problem - and the solution you come up with might rely on AI, cloud computing, or any other available technology.

But those are merely the tools that you use to build the business.

If you're a builder the goal is to build houses. You don't randomly decide on using some arbitrary type of bricks (in this case, AI), and then try to figure out what to do with them. That's putting the cart before the horse.

MJ recently dropped a 15-kiloton gold bomb on this topic:
I understand now, thank you. My goal right now should be to find what value I have to offer to others and what problem I can solve. Btw this is random but I have seen some of your other posts and I just thought to ask, how much do you bench?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Btw this is random but I have seen some of your other posts and I just thought to ask, how much do you bench?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right now I am at a pathetic 175 lbs squat and a 135 lbs incline bench.

I am currently focusing on doing extended fasting to improve my health, and you can't make real progress in your lifts without eating properly.

El1mination

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 26, 2023
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right now I am at a pathetic 175 lbs squat and a 135 lbs incline bench.

I am currently focusing on doing extended fasting to improve my health, and you can't make real progress in your lifts without eating properly.
Hey that's not bad, if you ever decide to bulk those numbers will skyrocket. Keep it up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.