Tom Webster
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,
My name is Tom Webster. I work for my family's small business in Pittsburgh, PA.
We recently have acquired new territory for new market segment with the company we represent: Prisons
Being that Corrections is my background, I really enjoy this market. The work is fulfilling and it pays well. However, we are finding it EXTREMELY difficult to advertise/market to institutions. We have tried everything from social media, cold calls, email blasts, trade shows, and good old fashioned snail mail. It turns snail mail has worked the best out of all of these mediums. The only problem is it's INCREDIBLY slow! At times our mail won't be received for several months.
Does anyone have any experience with marketing to the unmarketable? We are talking about clientele that barely uses the internet/email. Is there another abstract way to reach potential customers? I am missing something?!
Besides pigeon mail or a raven, (for you GOT fans out there) I feel as if we've tried EVERYTHING. Thanks in advance..
Tom
My name is Tom Webster. I work for my family's small business in Pittsburgh, PA.
We recently have acquired new territory for new market segment with the company we represent: Prisons
Being that Corrections is my background, I really enjoy this market. The work is fulfilling and it pays well. However, we are finding it EXTREMELY difficult to advertise/market to institutions. We have tried everything from social media, cold calls, email blasts, trade shows, and good old fashioned snail mail. It turns snail mail has worked the best out of all of these mediums. The only problem is it's INCREDIBLY slow! At times our mail won't be received for several months.
Does anyone have any experience with marketing to the unmarketable? We are talking about clientele that barely uses the internet/email. Is there another abstract way to reach potential customers? I am missing something?!
Besides pigeon mail or a raven, (for you GOT fans out there) I feel as if we've tried EVERYTHING. Thanks in advance..
Tom
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
