The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MARKET ECHOES

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Recently finished up an app project for a client and put up a couple posts on social media to help promote them a bit (my way of showing the client a bit more love).

243806A7-39BE-4DE1-A830-2A3904E3EEDD.jpeg

5 days later, boy has this thing taken on a life of her own.

Can you say MARKET ECHOES??
  • View count keeps on going up
  • Endless engagement in the form of likes, comments and shares
  • Comments are PASSIONATE. Many thank yous, people saying how much they are their friends love the app, a few suggestions on how to improve it, and even some tears shed
  • SALES - People are upgrading the free app to unlock the full feature set, and then saying “THANK YOU”. I haven’t asked my client for the latest numbers, but definitely happy for them.

This is not an ad, btw (they have not started running those yet), nor is it typical for one of my posts.

What’s happening is that someone sees the post and engages with a like, comment, or share, prompting LinkedIn to show it to more of their network due to the high rate of engagement. Rinse & repeat.

And this all keeps on getting faster, not slower, as the algorithm snowballs into a semi-viral event.

Clearly they’ve done a great job on identifying a market need for their target audience and executing a far better solution than what previously existed.

As a result, the market is responding.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Very exciting, congrats! Hope you keep updating!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Really appreciate it!

I will stay in the loop and give updates as things develop.

Right now my client is working to get on the radar of influencers by sending them free swag from their online store (the products are pretty high quality & women seem to like). I’ve been feeding him lots of content on how to work with influencers, but I love that he is taking action before trying to “learn everything” and consume it all.

Judging by how my non-influencer post is doing, it could be a really big impact if the right people take an interest. We shall see what happens next.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
They are already north of $100 daily revenue from iOS. Android is ramping as well, though a bit more slowly. Excellent progress for this stage of the game, in my opinion. I expect the $ amount to grow as they figure out different marketing channels to scale.

The best validation is the level of enthusiasm when people in the target audience see the product, and how willing they are to use it, buy the upgrade, and recommend to all their friends. Could be a productocracy here.

There have even been a few mid-sized influencers to repost the product because they discovered it via their followers. I am sure this can be scaled. Will update as things continue to develop.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Great example of seeing a need (or a market that is lacking something) and doing something about it.
Really appreciate it. They are continuing to compound on their success and grow.

Especially on iOS with almost 900 poitive reviews, but starting to advertise on Android as well.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.