I have pondered this idea for awhile and I have started to move forward with it to test the waters. I would like your input on the feasibility and profitability of the idea.
I come from town of 70k, one of the big problems in the town is there is no good communication on what is going on in the city at any given time (events, sales, etc). You have to surf through a dozen websites and then you only get half of the events or business promotions. I have lived here my whole life and I still find places i have never heard of.
The idea is to create a website that writes articles about the cities history, the events, politics and news. As well as using web scrappers to get events from different websites to pool in our database to be presented to everyone. The articles are mainly for traffic and ranking purposes. To monetize the site i was going to focus on people hosting events and business wanting to advertise sales and charge them a monthly fee for impressions or direct in your face ads.
Here is a template layout of the map section I was thinking about, but it will have map markers and filtering system that allows you to select events, restaurants, stores (sub-categorized by type), historic areas etch...
What are your thoughts?
Another snag im finding i need to overcome is my programming skills are good but I lack the ability on some of the items to program. Any Idea on a way to work past that ( I am teaching myself on some as i go) but would like to have some other ideas as well.
I come from town of 70k, one of the big problems in the town is there is no good communication on what is going on in the city at any given time (events, sales, etc). You have to surf through a dozen websites and then you only get half of the events or business promotions. I have lived here my whole life and I still find places i have never heard of.
The idea is to create a website that writes articles about the cities history, the events, politics and news. As well as using web scrappers to get events from different websites to pool in our database to be presented to everyone. The articles are mainly for traffic and ranking purposes. To monetize the site i was going to focus on people hosting events and business wanting to advertise sales and charge them a monthly fee for impressions or direct in your face ads.
Here is a template layout of the map section I was thinking about, but it will have map markers and filtering system that allows you to select events, restaurants, stores (sub-categorized by type), historic areas etch...
What are your thoughts?
Another snag im finding i need to overcome is my programming skills are good but I lack the ability on some of the items to program. Any Idea on a way to work past that ( I am teaching myself on some as i go) but would like to have some other ideas as well.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
