The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

LSD / Drugs and Entrepreneurship

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
moreover doing drugs is not a good thing which you and i know.

Drugs are just substances that cause biological reactions. Nothing more or less.

Caffeine is an addictive drug that causes a pleasant change in your body. It affects your mind and body in ways in which you enjoy.

Put another way - when you drink coffee you are very literally doing an addictive drug recreationally.

Just because it's socially acceptable and legal doesn't change that fact. Drugs don't know they are legal. They don't care that they are accepted. They are merely substances that cause biological reactions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Not judging because frankly, there's no one in 2017 that isn't some form of drug addict (Amish maybe not?).

Some people are probably able to use drugs to make them more successful, the rest of us will just end up playing XBox for days on end and constantly checking to make sure the apartment door is locked.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
It's been decades since I tried LSD and mushrooms. I recall being amazed by the experiences, but don't feel the need to seek out those experiences now, nor do I feel that my creativity was enhanced in any way by them. Then again, I wasn't micro-dosing or trying to run a business.

For those who are interested in altering your state of consciousness without chemicals, check out Holotropic Breathwork. It was developed by Stan Grof, an early LSD researcher. I don't really think it's comparable to LSD, but he developed his breath work model as a substitute for LSD, when clinical LSD research became impossible. The few workshops I attended were hippie-ish but expertly facilitated. And definitely transformational.

Last edited:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
  1. I take caffeine and theanine when I need to get my energy levels up on the weekends.
  2. It is like taking a dosed version of green tea.
  3. It gives me a sense of tranquility and focus.

Read a lot about this combo, need to get round to buying some. What dosage do you use?

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Most people are addicted to sugar, which is a drug that has bigger impact in the brain than most hard drugs. Think about it before you squeeze another doughnut down your throat.

Last edited:

IMEVO

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 22, 2017
Montreal
Chill thread. Thanks.
Some nice open minded posts as well.

I just did some mushrooms last weekend. Had them made in chocolate. * if you never had mushrooms...they taste like crap. *People usually find ways to mask the taste.
With shrooms you can easily control dosage. have a small amount to start, see how you feel....larger amounts will start opening up you mind.
My simple advice for a good experience:
Be positive
Be around close friends(no negative people)
Be outside(love nature)

Your own self creates the biggest roadblocks in life. Constant fear of everything, worried about everything, always caring what people think. Being programmed to live life a certain way. Fxk that noise!
Psychedelics help strip you of it all.
Ego is gone.
You appreciate everything.
You are everything. Everything seems connected. You feel more. Much more.

SUGAR AND ALCHOHOL have fcked me up more than any drug I've ever done.

PS.
These 3 LEGAL drugs cause more problems than any drug on earth combined.

Alcohol
Tobacco
Sugar

Last edited:

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Another option is NLP. Half of the things you guys are saying in this thread happen to me when I have a session.

Out of body experiences, uber clarity, love for everything, feeling like you are floating for a few days

Negatives are: cost $, sometimes takes a few sessions to get in the zone, need a "problem" to resolve

I am a big fan.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
IMO its excessive / over the top. Weed will get the job just fine if creativity is what you are looking for

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
After doing some independent research, I made a decision. I will not try LSD. I'd rather drink coffee and exercise to keep a clear mind.

I believe in God, I'm not trying to get religious. But, I do remember my promise I made to God - that I'd never do drugs.

Last edited:

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Anyone interested in experimenting with any drug should check out Erowid Experience Vaults: Index (Front Page) (Erowid Experience Vaults). Tons of first hand accounts for every type of drug, very valuable information. Also, check out the bad trips for LSD, DMT, Salvia, etc. if you want a good laugh.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
After doing some independent research, I made a decision. I will not try LSD. I'd rather drink coffee and exercise to keep a clear mind.

I believe in God, I'm not trying to get religious. But, I do remember my promise I made to God - that I'd never do drugs.

If you are a fan of God, you can visit him/her/it for just a few hits ;)

No, obviously completely 100% respect your decision.

Although, one must question, where you draw the line with "I'd never do drugs". You've had alcohol before, right? If Alcohol didn't have the history it has and was a new drug on the scene, imagine the uproar! The newspaper headlines on this new 'substance' would be entertaining to say the least.

AmericanSpartan

Warrior Monk
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 20, 2016
Westfield, IN
pipjdaK.jpg

When it comes to psychedelics it helps me to think of the mind-body, which we typically view as one thing together, as seperate. The Mind is the software, and the body is the hardware. The hardware has five senses that provide input into the software, and the software then decides how to interpret the inputted information and then send an output to make the hardware do things. Cycle, repeat.

Psychedelics is like inserting a USB stick and downloading mods for the software to make the regular software programs act and interpret information differently for a short time, which affects how the hardware performs and thus gives the software inputs a different interpretation. Cycle, repeat.

All the data is saved on the hard drive, for the sober software to go back and read the log. Sometimes the data is corrupted, which messes up the software and thus the hardware. Sometimes the data gets lost, and the software can't recall the information, but it knows it ran a different program than usual.

So it is with pyschedelics.

Last edited:

Richie Arnold

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 4, 2017
New York
At the beginning of "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" Covey talks about perspective and how everybody sees the world through a different lense. Well I personally think LSD is a perspective that every sane and non-schizophrenic person should experience. It is truly life changing. I think if the worlds smartest people became more open-minded and tried LSD they would accomplish even more incredible things.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I have a very neutral view of drugs I am more into natural states of minds that can give you a feeling of calm/creative thinking such as challenging exercises ( large trekking or run) and meditation, which I do on a daily base.

I know Steven Kotler has been researching about "Flow" and in his latest book "Stealing Fire" he touches the subject of psychedelics for improved performance, havent checked the book yet though.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
At the beginning of "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" Covey talks about perspective and how everybody sees the world through a different lense. Well I personally think LSD is a perspective that every sane and non-schizophrenic person should experience. It is truly life changing. I think if the worlds smartest people became more open-minded and tried LSD they would accomplish even more incredible things.
I've worked in the Mental Health field in the past. I just read an article the other day on this topic, but can't find it now. Depression and Schizophrenia. I think it goes against everything they taught in my degree. lol They told us you would legally be considered insane if you took LSD. And I suppose they're taking another look at it. Although, it makes you wonder if they're just experimenting on those who are already damaged. They're already in illusions, hallucinations, and delusions. How do they know if it's the old insanity or the new insanity. I think this is the issue with some of the drug experiments and testing. I took a medication class in my degree and side effects.

What if your body doesn't like LSD? Since all our body chemistry is different? And what if you can't get back out of the hallucinations, delusions, and illusions? I think when you under the influence of a foreign substance you don't always have control. While you may be creative, imagination, and innovation, how far down the rabbit whole will you go under the influence of LSD. We don't know what will happen? It's a gamble and risk for each individual. And sure some individuals volunteer their services. I guess if something goes wrong in the experiment, you only have yourself to blame.

And perhaps from being a Nurse Aide, I can't remember the drugs this woman took, but she was in a Vegetative state for the remainder of her life, and having to have someone like me move her arms and legs, bathe her, change her clothes, and she just stared into space all the time. Whether she could hear you or not, I do not know. lol I guess I've seen different things and I can't see the point of putting myself at risk.

I rather not lay in a vegetative state, Quality of life in exchange of a stupid risk to impress, experiment, or fit in with the newest trend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.