The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lost or ambitious and driven; Playing safe or risk mitigation; - A not comprehensive introduction

Gtas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2019
Hey all!

My name is George (39), I have launched a small business when I was 27 with minor success and introduced into the professional freelancer mindset. Worked with small, mid-size and big corporations as employee and contractor and was lucky with a startup acquired by a big company, no stock options although I received other benefits and advancements.

Two years ago launched a side-hustle mobile booking platform while working my 9-5 corporate job with no success.

I have returned to the startup world as CTO where I now own equity, love the work we are doing and the tech we are building but still looking to improve and grow in my free time with trying to come up with another side hustle that potentially will become my business.

I've tried to explore so many things and see if I can fit and make it regardless my main skill.

• Importing from Alibaba
  • Private labelling
  • Create courses
  • Dropshipping
  • Trading
  • Stocks
  • I have 401k

So many things to work with, first the book was great but in the beginning I thought "nothing here I don't know or heard..." then it hit me, I look at all the things that you exchange time for money (see above) it's all a get rich slow scheme and deep inside I know always you need to create a business or be part of a business that can grow to make you rich via equity; still get rich slow;
Personally I lack of ideas but have the value of building tech products so I have to start with meeting the right people and groups. Starting from this forum!

Really there's no recipe but if I understood the book correctly, business creation that scale is the path to the fast lane. What I realized about myself is that I was focusing building a new skill that I can exchange my time for money and now I am forcing to change mindset to create the next opportunity - I'll do the work, I'm good at it. Let's become time independent.

Very glad to be part of the forum and ready to change lane feedback is welcome!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Ok but what is it that you want? And why.. First you need to define exactly what you want before anything will ever happen for you.

Gtas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2019
I thought not to make the post excessive.

I want to have time and financial freedom to help my family and enjoy life in my own terms. I want to do what I enjoy (tech investment and involvement).

That’s the event, now I believe I miss finding the process.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
How much time, how much freedom, how much money, how much income. Specifics. You are being lazy, lazy people don't make money.

Gtas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2019
If you have information and knowledge that worked for you and can help me I’m open to hear. For example why do you believe it is specifics;

If not, don’t answer in this tone. You make me think that you’re trolling a forum I am evaluating. So I should expect this behavior in here.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Everyone want the truth but then they want it nice.. guess what? Life ain't nice. Good luck

Gtas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2019
Everyone want the truth but then they want it nice.. guess what? Life ain't nice. Good luck

You don’t know shit about my life and how straightforward I am. I don’t want it nice I just want you to be helpful and be nice when you talk not what you say.

For example you called me lazy, instead you could call me “I’m doing it wrong”, I am surprised you’re rich! Maybe I should be a lazy a**hole moving forward if that can get me 5m in 3 years.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
You don’t know shit about my life and how straightforward I am. I don’t want it nice I just want you to be helpful and be nice when you talk not what you say.

For example you called me lazy, instead you could call me “I’m doing it wrong”, I am surprised you’re rich! Maybe I should be a lazy a**hole moving forward if that can get me 5m in 3 years.

And you are entitled to my time and advice, correct?

Gtas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jun 19, 2019
Sure if you’re entitled to call me lazy ;-) or maybe instead I call you F*cking a**hole? Am I entitled now? Lol

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Sure if you’re entitled to call me lazy ;-) or maybe instead I call you F*cking a**hole? Am I entitled now? Lol

Again, you came here asking for help. You will not get any without specifics, it's that simple. No one can define those specifics for you, only you can.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
then it hit me, I look at all the things that you exchange time for money (see above) it's all a get rich slow scheme and deep inside I know always you need to create a business or be part of a business that can grow to make you rich via equity; still get rich slow;
I don't know if those things are all exchanging time for money, and some can help you to riches quite rapidly.

In my business # 1, I started with almost nothing and was quickly making many times the average wage for my country. Reason: I worked extremely hard and solved a lot of problems in an industrial setting. I finished up with a business exporting all over the Asia/Pacific region. Sold out to a consortium that included a merchant bank.

In my business #2, I began importing, not only from China, but many other countries also. Selling B2B I rapidly needed help to expand so I sold franchises in four countries.
  • Importing from Alibaba
  • Private labelling
These things worked for me, (except that I avoided Alibaba) and I know many more people who have become wealthy by importing and private labeling.

Walter

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...