The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lori Grenier Hits $1,000,000,000

Anything related to matters of the mind

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
What is there to elaborate? A person that has sold bazillions of dollars wrote a book on how to do the same.

"definitely in the top 10 for business books ever written" -- those are some pretty extraordinary claims. And as they say: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

How many business books have you read? What does it uniquely offer that places it in the top 10? What are the other 9 books that are above it?

I thought you'd like an opportunity to rationalize your position.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
"definitely in the top 10 for business books ever written" -- that's a pretty extraordinary claim. And as they say: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

How many business books have you read? What does it uniquely offer that places it in the top 10? What are the other 9 books that are above it?

I thought you'd like an opportunity to rationalize your position.

Not sure if you’re aware of this concept called an opinion.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I was interested, and disappointed, to hear about her limited involvement in that other project we all know about. I'm sure she knows her stuff but it affected my thoughts.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I was interested, and disappointed, to hear about her limited involvement in that other project we all know about. I'm sure she knows her stuff but it affected my thoughts.

Not sure what that is,

@TheWriter I'll let you take a hailmary guess on the book

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

Don't believe that. She's a phony. Her numbers are always INSANELY inflated. Also, those sales don't relate to profit. I know all of her people. The only two I know that are doing well are Aaron from Scrub Daddy and The Squatty Potty Crew. The rest are barely making a living. She's one big phony and only cares about herself and her image.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Don't believe that. She's a phony. Her numbers are always INSANELY inflated. Also, those sales don't relate to profit. I know all of her people. The only two I know that are doing well are Aaron from Scrub Daddy and The Squatty Potty Crew. The rest are barely making a living. She's one big phony and only cares about herself and her image.

Shots fired.

hmmmmmmmm

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm just honest. I know first hand.

I clicked on your link and noticed you are the paint brush guy holy crap! As a skateboarder that bombs down large hills thanks for your service as a first responder :innocent: :halo:

I guess bigger numbers sound better and helps her build up a personal image.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Perhaps you could share your experience and firsthand knowledge -- I'm guessing 95% of this forum doesn't know your history with your company, PBC, Shark Tank, and her. Otherwise it just sounds like third-party gossip.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles

But her book is in the business top 10 greatest ever written???

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I clicked on your link and noticed you are the paint brush guy holy crap! As a skateboarder that bombs down large hills thanks for your service as a first responder :innocent: :halo:

I guess bigger numbers sound better and helps her build up a personal image.

No Problem. Thank You.

Yes. That's what it's all about for her.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Perhaps you could share your experience and firsthand knowledge -- I'm guessing 95% of this forum doesn't know your history with your company, PBC, Shark Tank, and her. Otherwise it just sounds like third-party gossip.

Will do MJ.

For those of you that don't know, I was on Season 5 Episode 14 (I believe) with my product The Paint Brush Cover. We cut a "deal" with Lori Greiner, which turned out to be not such a great deal.

I have real life experience working with here and became close with just about everyone she struck a deal with. That was actually the best part of the entire thing. Networking with like minded entrepreneurs. We helped each other out way more than she helped us and we are not the only ones to say that. In fact, the only one who didn't say that was Aaron from Scrub Daddy, Lori's first and most profitable product.

Everyone including Dropstop, Readerest, Bambooie, The Squatty Potty (all though they are doing well), Courdaroy, Biaggi, Bantam Bagels and more, have repeatedly complained about her lack of involvement and the outrageous commissions she takes, which barely allows these companies to stay alive.

I think most stay with her because the one good thing she always did was get us on more episodes with updates. More Publicity.

But everything you see her doing is just to build her image. To make her look better and more powerful. She's an absolute phony. Not the greatest person.

I always wonder what would have happened if we took Barbara's behind the scene offer of 300k plus 500k line of credit instead of staying with Lori. I have heard from friends that work with Barbara that she is amazing.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@sparechange

What do you like about her book that makes it stand out above the rest?

Is there a book of hers in particular that you like more than others?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Will do MJ.

For those of you that don't know, I was on Season 5 Episode 14 (I believe) with my product The Paint Brush Cover. We cut a "deal" with Lori Greiner, which turned out to be not such a great deal.

I have real life experience working with here and became close with just about everyone she struck a deal with. That was actually the best part of the entire thing. Networking with like minded entrepreneurs. We helped each other out way more than she helped us and we are not the only ones to say that. In fact, the only one who didn't say that was Aaron from Scrub Daddy, Lori's first and most profitable product.

Everyone including Dropstop, Readerest, Bambooie, The Squatty Potty (all though they are doing well), Courdaroy, Biaggi, Bantam Bagels and more, have repeatedly complained about her lack of involvement and the outrageous commissions she takes, which barely allows these companies to stay alive.

I think most stay with her because the one good thing she always did was get us on more episodes with updates. More Publicity.

But everything you see her doing is just to build her image. To make her look better and more powerful. She's an absolute phony. Not the greatest person.

I always wonder what would have happened if we took Barbara's behind the scene offer of 300k plus 500k line of credit instead of staying with Lori. I have heard from friends that work with Barbara that she is amazing.

Oh wow that is quite a lot of insight. Thank you.

It does not surprise me at all, if you judge the books by their cover. Lori seems extremely focused on her outward appearance and uses swindley language. While Barabara does not do either of these and seems genuinely empathetic and transparent about where her values are.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
I got pretty into a lot of the shark tank companies that get deals. Most of them end up going under. It’s crazy. Like bon affair. They always sizzle out.

same thing with Marcus lemonis’ show.

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place

Straight from the horse's mouth!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
@sparechange

What do you like about her book that makes it stand out above the rest?

Is there a book of hers in particular that you like more than others?

I'm pretty sure she only has one book, invent sell it bank it. But anyways, it just talks about the process of creating a product, marketing it and selling it, her struggles along the way and whatnot.

While Unscripted & TMF are my personal favorites, Loris book talks about her process and struggles which are my favorite parts of the book.(Cubans book is pretty good as well, quite short though & lately have been listening to 10x from Cardone which is another recommendation)

Ok so maybe she's not the greatest person in the world but learning from someone that has been fairly successful is never a bad thing. Also I'm in product creation so for me the book really stands out.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I'm pretty sure she only has one book, invent sell it bank it. But anyways, it just talks about the process of creating a product, marketing it and selling it, her struggles along the way and whatnot.

While Unscripted & TMF are my personal favorites, Loris book talks about her process and struggles which are my favorite parts of the book.(Cubans book is pretty good as well, quite short though & lately have been listening to 10x from Cardone which is another recommendation)

Ok so maybe she's not the greatest person in the world but learning from someone that has been fairly successful is never a bad thing. Also I'm in product creation so for me the book really stands out.

Read "One Simple Idea" by Stephen Key

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts