The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Looking to start dropshipping CBD products (UK)

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

EQMatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 16, 2019
Hi Ent'repeneurs

As in the title I'm looking to start dropshipping CBD products (UK). Would anyone have industry resources to share here?

Im at the very early stage of planning this, and im new to the forum so apologies if this isn't the way to go here..

Any info would be very gratefully recieved!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SoftCash

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 17, 2018
Los Angeles
Where do you want to sell it on? Amazon can be complicated because it's against their policies, Shopify or Etsy can work. You could market it as "hemp seed oil" which does work for amazon. If its Amazon, how do you want to source your product and then ship to FBA and you'll need to use FBA with amazon if you are thinking about scaling this, ergo alibaba. CBD is a nice bandwagon and the industry is growing, there are CBD creams, cbd oils, cbd bath bombs and so forth. Hemp shoes are likewise on their way.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Does this adhere to Need and Entry?

EQMatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 16, 2019
Where do you want to sell it on? Amazon can be complicated because it's against their policies, Shopify or Etsy can work. You could market it as "hemp seed oil" which does work for amazon. If its Amazon, how do you want to source your product and then ship to FBA and you'll need to use FBA with amazon if you are thinking about scaling this, ergo alibaba. CBD is a nice bandwagon and the industry is growing, there are CBD creams, cbd oils, cbd bath bombs and so forth. Hemp shoes are likewise on their way.
I plan on building my own sales site.

Does this adhere to Need and Entry?
sorry I’m not sure what you mean?

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas

EQMatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 16, 2019
How much does it cost to read the full ebooks?

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
How much does it cost to read the full ebooks?

If you can't figure out how much a book costs you probably shouldn't be starting a business. Google the books and you can see how much they cost.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Forget I asked.

You'll have to forgive this place. It can seem needlessly harsh to newcomers.

For starters - this forum is an incredible resource of knowledge but something almost everyone here shares is knowledge of the two books written by MJ DeMarco that the forum was basically built on:

1. The Millionaire Fastlane
2. Unscripted

When someone says "this violates the commandment of entry/control/etc..." they're referring to concepts from these books.

You should 100% go buy those two books and read them - don't worry about the cost. What you'll get from them far outweighs their price.

This brings us to another major concept that this forum is rather unforgiving about - worrying about how much something costs vs what you'll get out of it. When you worry about the cost of things with potentially huge outcomes for you, it sends a signal flair to the world that says "this person is more worried about what they'll lose than what they'll gain". If you told someone that you would give them $5 if they paid you $1, and they told you that they weren't sure if gaining $5 was worth $1 - what would your reaction to them be?

Whether it's a $5 e-book, $25 hardback, $50 subscription, $100 online course, or $1000 in airfare and tickets to a business conference - you'll get the same response if you suggest cost is a factor - "what are you, stupid?" and this 100% stems from the idea that you can almost never lose when you invest in yourself. The only question should be "will I get more out of this event/thing/whatever than the cost?". That's the only thing you should ask. Nobody is saying to spend $20k on a business seminar that will teach you $500 worth of information but when it comes to a $20 book that could potentially change your life you won't see a lot of sympathy around here.

If you can't figure out how much a book costs you probably shouldn't be starting a business. Google the books and you can see how much they cost.

And here we have another quick lesson - self reliance.

This one is pretty simple - being your own boss is really, really hard. You have to solve everything for yourself across innumerable topics every single day. Being an entrepreneur is basically the same as being a high performing problem solver.

So when you ask things that show a total lack of self reliance such as "where can I find a supplier?" or "what's it cost?" you're going to have a hard time because these aren't even real problems. They are, for lack of a better term, the "easy stuff" that everyone has to do before things get genuinely difficult.

The best possible thing you can do as a new person when asking questions that seem simple is to first of all - say that you're new (which you have) and then say what you've done to try and figure this out on your own (which you didn't) and then ask a qualified question about it.

Instead of "Would anyone have industry resources to share here?" you could have said something like "I've googled every form of 'cbd dropshipper' I could find but all I'm seeing are what looks like scam companies, or from questionable Chinese companies, and the ones I do find have crazy prices that make this unprofitable from the start. I can't seem to find anything about finding drop-shpiping suppliers on the forum (maybe I'm looking wrong?), does anyone have a suggestion for how I might be able to hunt down better quality suppliers or are there any great threads on this forum for finding drop-shipping suppliers that they can point me to?"

Do you see the vast difference in effort that one question shows vs the other? One says "I want you to solve the problem for me - help me" while the other says "I've tried to help myself but I'm getting nowhere - can someone please help me help myself?".

I hope you stick around. You'll learn a ton and get far more out of this place than you'll know what to do with if you put in the time and work. I do know some folks on this forum are in this niche (not drop-shipping though, I don't think) but I'll leave it to them to chime in if they wish to do so as I'm not entirely sure it's public knowledge.

Welcome to the forum.

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA

For starters - this forum is an incredible resource of knowledge but something almost everyone here shares is knowledge of the two books written by MJ DeMarco that the forum was basically built on:

2. Unscripted

When someone says "this violates the commandment of entry/control/etc..." they're referring to concepts from these books.

You should 100% go buy those two books and read them - don't worry about the cost. What you'll get from them far outweighs their price.

This brings us to another major concept that this forum is rather unforgiving about - worrying about how much something costs vs what you'll get out of it. When you worry about the cost of things with potentially huge outcomes for you, it sends a signal flair to the world that says "this person is more worried about what they'll lose than what they'll gain". If you told someone that you would give them $5 if they paid you $1, and they told you that they weren't sure if gaining $5 was worth $1 - what would your reaction to them be?

Whether it's a $5 e-book, $25 hardback, $50 subscription, $100 online course, or $1000 in airfare and tickets to a business conference - you'll get the same response if you suggest cost is a factor - "what are you, stupid?" and this 100% stems from the idea that you can almost never lose when you invest in yourself. The only question should be "will I get more out of this event/thing/whatever than the cost?". That's the only thing you should ask. Nobody is saying to spend $20k on a business seminar that will teach you $500 worth of information but when it comes to a $20 book that could potentially change your life you won't see a lot of sympathy around here.

This one is pretty simple - being your own boss is really, really hard. You have to solve everything for yourself across innumerable topics every single day. Being an entrepreneur is basically the same as being a high performing problem solver.

So when you ask things that show a total lack of self reliance such as "where can I find a supplier?" or "what's it cost?" you're going to have a hard time because these aren't even real problems. They are, for lack of a better term, the "easy stuff" that everyone has to do before things get genuinely difficult.

The best possible thing you can do as a new person when asking questions that seem simple is to first of all - say that you're new (which you have) and then say what you've done to try and figure this out on your own (which you didn't) and then ask a qualified question about it.

Instead of "Would anyone have industry resources to share here?" you could have said something like "I've googled every form of 'cbd dropshipper' I could find but all I'm seeing are what looks like scam companies, or from questionable Chinese companies, and the ones I do find have crazy prices that make this unprofitable from the start. I can't seem to find anything about finding drop-shpiping suppliers on the forum (maybe I'm looking wrong?), does anyone have a suggestion for how I might be able to hunt down better quality suppliers or are there any great threads on this forum for finding drop-shipping suppliers that they can point me to?"

Do you see the vast difference in effort that one question shows vs the other? One says "I want you to solve the problem for me - help me" while the other says "I've tried to help myself but I'm getting nowhere - can someone please help me help myself?".

I hope you stick around. You'll learn a ton and get far more out of this place than you'll know what to do with if you put in the time and work. I do know some folks on this forum are in this niche (not drop-shipping though, I don't think) but I'll leave it to them to chime in if they wish to do so as I'm not entirely sure it's public knowledge.

Welcome to the forum.

Excellent. You are very patient, and you have a great understanding of how to teach someone to think effectively.

If the OP reads this and fully absorbs it, you might have saved him years of messing around. Seriously.

EQMatt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 16, 2019

2. Unscripted

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you JAJT

Good points, well made.

It was a lazy post & to be fair I guess I asked for the not so welcoming comments. I stumbled on this place and jumped in too quickly, I will checkout the books.

Cheers!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@SoftCash mentioned Alibaba as part of a process of scaling, but anyone who would buy from China CBD or anything else that you can ingest or even put on your skin must be crazy.

Walter

SoftCash

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 17, 2018
Los Angeles
@SoftCash mentioned Alibaba as part of a process of scaling, but anyone who would buy from China CBD or anything else that you can ingest or even put on your skin must be crazy.

Walter
Well, that only bad quality is coming out of China is a fallacy.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Well, that only bad quality is coming out of China is a fallacy.
I certainly have never said anything like that.

On the contrary, if you search my AMA and my numerous other posts, you will find that I have often stated that it is possible to buy good quality products in China. It is necessary to know what you are doing because with almost any product made in China you can find good manufacturers and bad ones.

This is particularly important in the case of cosmetics, medicines, food products and supplements. There have been numerous cases reported in various countries in which such products have been found to be dangerous. In the most notorious case that I know of, deliberate addition of a dangerous chemical to boost protein levels in baby formula resulted in the death of many babies.

Walter

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
As in the title I'm looking to start dropshipping CBD products (UK). Would anyone have industry resources to share here?
I did a bit of digging on this recently for a potential customer. What exactly are you looking for?

If for products used to consume the oil CCELL is the big player and most trusted if you're looking for carts or batteries. They sell via authorised distributors that each have their own territories. Not sure which one owns the U.K so I can't help you there.
If you're looking at carts I've heard (from the guy looking to source) that most out there are crap and can't compete with CCELL. They leak, malfunction, etc. I have an industry friend that just had some samples land and he swears by the quality though. Samples are samples though so would need to stay on top of QC.
I don't have any drop shipping resources but hope that helps a bit.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'd be careful dropshipping CBD. How confident are you on the product quality?

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I revive this thread, just to ask, if does anybody has info on how to extract CBD from a high THC plant material ? I have seen producers do it, just don't know how, and can't find the answer.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Forget I asked.
I wish I could.

No, I'm just kidding... you can get the first 3 chapters free on MJ's site:

And the books should be available on Amazon or his site

Weeklyne

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 26, 2023
Whether you continued with your CBD business or explored other ventures, I hope your entrepreneurial journey has been rewarding. If you have any new questions or need information, feel free to ask!

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 24, 2023
Hi Ent'repeneurs

Im at the very early stage of planning this, and im new to the forum so apologies if this isn't the way to go here..

Any info would be very gratefully recieved!
Dropshipping on its own violates the CENTS commandments. If you look at businesses for sale, for example on Empire Flippers or FE International, you can't find many pure dropshipping businesses. Dropshipping is just a fraction of the total revenue in these businesses. So for example when you already have a proper profitable e-commerce store (not dropshipping), you can add dropshipping to increase the revenue by 10-20%. At least this is the pattern I see when I look at these e-commerce and dropshipping businesses for sale on Empire Flippers and FE International.

So don't start with dropshipping, start with a proper business such as e-commerce then you can add dropshipping later into the mix.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.