The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So, I Have 1000€ to Invest + Some Skills: Thinking of Attempting Dropshipping

Fiftytwos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Jun 17, 2020
Owasso, Oklahoma
Hey man. If I were in your shoes I would consider investing in this program:

It's exactly 1000$.
But I signed up recently, so I can't give you a review yet.

Maybe @GuitarManDan can give you some feedback
I joined this program, because @Fox has some free content of this course included in his program
Would definitely recommend fox sales legends if going that route, theres amazing value in that course for the money!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Reading your example email, firstly it's too focused on you, businesses aren't interested in hearing about you, or your qualifications (I mean no disrespect here, just bear with me), they're interested in hearing how you can solve their problems, what can you do for them specifically? Currently you're telling them what you know how to do, but not giving them a reason to need you or your services. Instead of having your email contain all the I statements, such as "I wanted to know whether you were hiring graphic designers for your team" or "I'm mainly specialized in social media design" focus on the problem you can solve for them, or the value you can provide. Also, try making the email more personal, try to find the contact info for someone who works in the company that you can address the email to, the personal touch is much more likely to get a response.

Try something like this --
Hi (person who works for company, find this on their website if you have to).
"I took a look at the graphics on your website and I noticed XXXX (a problem you found, something you can improve on, copy you could make better, etc.) This could be impacting your company's (sales, conversion rate, engagement, etc). I'd love to hop on a call and discuss how I can help you with this. I've gotten results for (insert previous client you did good work for) and (insert another client you've done work for) in similar areas in the past, so I'm sure I can help your company as well. Let me know what you think!
Thanks for your time,
-Victor

Use the email to get your prospect on the phone for a call, find out what their pain points are, what's bothering them about their business, then convert them into a paying customer by pitching your services in the way that will solve their problems / pain points. Do this by knowing your stuff, answering their questions, pitching your services in a way that is focused on solving their company's problems, and so on. People are much more open to buying from you / hiring you when they can hear your voice and trust you. Don't focus on quoting money over the phone though, use the conversation to lead into additional emails and get the conversion from there.

That should be more than enough to get you started! Let me know if you have any questions for me, and when you get that first customer using my advice ;) .
Damn man, thanks a lot! I've read SPIN selling and you actually applied its concepts on that example.
I admit I just opened gmail and started sending emails randomly without giving it some thought, which is a huge mistake I've done and is also stupid.

I'll send 10 other emails today with this method you told me.

Fiftytwos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Jun 17, 2020
Owasso, Oklahoma
Damn man, thanks a lot! I've read SPIN selling and you actually applied its concepts on that example.
I admit I just opened gmail and started sending emails randomly without giving it some thought, which is a huge mistake I've done and is also stupid.

I'll send 10 other emails today with this method you told me.
Glad I can help! Now that you're putting more thought into your emails I'm sure you'll see more results, keep us updated!

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've been getting a ton of ads in my Facebook feed recently for streamers and people try to break into streaming.

They could be needing logos, merch designs... maybe some potential there?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
I've been getting a ton of ads in my Facebook feed recently for streamers and people try to break into streaming.

They could be needing logos, merch designs... maybe some potential there?
I'll give that a try, too.
I'm quite confused lately.

I remember that when I used to make money effortlessly with graphic design it was because I was "famous" in the Call of Duty community on Twitter and people were retweeting my stuff and it was really easy to get clients that way.

But now I'm a "nobody" and feel like it's much harder to get attention from people and let alone sell them stuff. But I'll still give it a try. Thank you!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
That's still Italian, how about a Koenigsegg?
Bugatti is a French company making Hypercars, not regular supercars, but okay lol.

Seriously though. If you want to go for dropshipping, go for it ! Don't wait for someone else to acknowledge your move and give you their authorization. Go ahead and do it !

With that said, you have some serious design skills ! You don't have to be an hourly-rate designer. Get some project like a design agency would. Offer total branding designs for thousands.
Partner with someone in @Fox courses and offer a website building + whole design service. Something like that !

Is it really worth that much ? YES.

You're creating the branding of a business or a product.

You're one of the reasons people look at the damn thing !

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Bugatti is a French company making Hypercars, not regular supercars, but okay lol.

Seriously though. If you want to go for dropshipping, go for it ! Don't wait for someone else to acknowledge your move and give you their authorization. Go ahead and do it !

With that said, you have some serious design skills ! You don't have to be an hourly-rate designer. Get some project like a design agency would. Offer total branding designs for thousands.
Partner with someone in @Fox courses and offer a website building + whole design service. Something like that !

Is it really worth that much ? YES.

You're creating the branding of a business or a product.

You're one of the reasons people look at the damn thing !
Thanks man, that's truly appreciated!

And I agree with the "take a decision yourself" thing. I came to realize that the less I'm able to make decisions by my own self, the more problems I encounter in life. Gotta take extreme ownership and be okay with making mistakes and learning from them no matter what.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I'll give that a try, too.
I'm quite confused lately.

I remember that when I used to make money effortlessly with graphic design it was because I was "famous" in the Call of Duty community on Twitter and people were retweeting my stuff and it was really easy to get clients that way.

But now I'm a "nobody" and feel like it's much harder to get attention from people and let alone sell them stuff. But I'll still give it a try. Thank you!

What made you known in those communities back then?

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
What made you known in those communities back then?
Oh man, I can't even remember. I was 13 when I started.
I started by doing YouTube banners for people for free. Then I started making YouTube banners for members in CoD teams which were quite notorius back then.

I then joined many of these teams and on Twitter everyone used to have the "team name" + "nickname". It was a sort of status symbol lol. I joined in a popular CoD team as a graphic designer and gradually joined more famous teams (like TeamSynergy).

And I was posting regularly my work on Twitter. That's it really. I wasn't focused on money and money came. I can't even believe this thinking back.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
To be honest, I wouldn't recommend dropshipping to anyone. If you invest the time and energy you will invest in it to Amazon FBA, wait a couple of more months, save around 2-3k more and launch your own product, you can scale much faster, and become a millionaire by the age of 23-25 :smile2:

Gallium

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 8, 2020
Ireland
If you want to gain experience fast but also blow through money fast, do dropshipping.
If you want to earn money patiently and reliably, affiliate blogging. Earn commission for 1-2 years and then sell the entire website for 24x-48x your monthly revenue. Pay $10-15 for a mid tier blog post, fix it up a little bit yourself and publish. Post 5 articles a month, for 12 month straight and focus on backlink building. Should cost you around $1000 not including the commission you'll be collecting

ValueInvest

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 22, 2020
Lithuania
I initially used my 1,500 $ to invest in currencies. Lost it in a year. I still like analyzing charts and reading the news on the subject, but the experience taught me that I need something safer. Maybe something more passive.
Two years ago, got interested in alternative investment platforms P2P/P2B. They vary in returns from 4%-6% most conservative ones LendingCLub, Zopa to 30% of most aggressive ones, such as Bondora. I think anything that is beyond 20% is unsustainable in this type of business model, as investors earn interest from the loans that are lent for quite high interest rates. The higher the interest rates, the more difficult it is to pay back the loans for businesses or individuals.
So, I chose the golden middle and started looking for the platforms that still have attractive 10-15% (annually) and implemented safety standards (buyback guarantees, collateral). I have been looking more closely at one: Viventor. The rates are around 13% and all of the loans offered for investors are secured by a buyback guarantee. I think to start with 1,000 Euros, and then add to the amount every month. Hope to create a nest egg for the future.
What do you think?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.