The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living the "perfect" slowlane life in Germany.

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

David 2.0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 2, 2018
Germany
Hallo David,
great to see you here. In my experience the best thing is problem solving, love it but easier said than done. I am like you at the beginning, thinking to do anything just to grab something.
I am also from Germany moved 2 years ago, still learning language though. If you want we can share some ideas/thoughts to help each other.

@Gepi
I don't think that Germany is so bad, we are right behind United Kingdom. From what I have seen the best city for Science/Technology is Berlin ?!

I wish you good luck.

Then good luck with you journey too, Hijena1!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David 2.0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 2, 2018
Germany
Dear all,
Here comes another update from me:
While the visitor stats of my website (www.eltern-check.net) are staying really low, especially when not investing into AdWords, I still get singular positive feedback on the website and that it is helpful.

I was able to partner with a bigger local German hospital which will link from their website to mine as of Jan 2019, including a short interview which will be featured on their social media channels.
Will be interesting to see if the visitor stats will change and if the feedback will be similar.

My experience with related German bloggers (e.g. pregnancy blogs) were not so positive or at least I think they were not...
Most would only feature/link me if I pay for it.
Right now, I am not convinced that this would be a good investment.

Regards
David.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Hi David,
I just visited your website! I think it is great what you already set up and the overall impression of the website is really professional. Congratulations!
Some things came to mind, I will just fire away:
- The first impression could be a bit more friendly. The faceless pregnant woman from the landing page and the big question mark makes it seem as if a pregnancy is really a very scary thing. I think this could be avoided by a few points: maybe change the little icons into something friendlier, like a friendly baby with a question mark, or a smiling couple! This would instantly make the site more likable, and I could imagine as a mother in the making I would identify with this a lot more!
- This leads to the color scheme, also. While green is generally a calm color, for me this seems a bit too much like "hospital-style". I could imagine that something a bit warmer (maybe highlights in mellow shades of red or yellow) would resonate more with the general feeling of anticipation and also the good vibes you want to give to the visitor.

Just my impression, but as a designer I know a thing or two about the feelings that color can convey and also the importance of emotions in general. I think your targeted audience will want good advice, but also their own state of anticipation, excitement and "Vorfreude" :) reflected.

All in all, I think your idea is very good. I can imagine that you could later widen your spectrum and also link to baby-stuff on Amazon via affiliates, for example. Another thing that came to mind was printing some flyers, and just spreading them at different gynecologists' offices (you know, where the magazines are lying around)! Maybe some will be happy to provide their patients with more information at no cost to themselves...
Also, it would be possible to make a connection from the checklist to the Google Calendar API and let visitors automatically add the important deadlines to their calendar, or something like that...

Best wishes,
Gepi

David 2.0

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 2, 2018
Germany
Hi David,
I just visited your website! I think it is great what you already set up and the overall impression of the website is really professional. Congratulations!
Some things came to mind, I will just fire away:
- The first impression could be a bit more friendly. The faceless pregnant woman from the landing page and the big question mark makes it seem as if a pregnancy is really a very scary thing. I think this could be avoided by a few points: maybe change the little icons into something friendlier, like a friendly baby with a question mark, or a smiling couple! This would instantly make the site more likable, and I could imagine as a mother in the making I would identify with this a lot more!
- This leads to the color scheme, also. While green is generally a calm color, for me this seems a bit too much like "hospital-style". I could imagine that something a bit warmer (maybe highlights in mellow shades of red or yellow) would resonate more with the general feeling of anticipation and also the good vibes you want to give to the visitor.

Just my impression, but as a designer I know a thing or two about the feelings that color can convey and also the importance of emotions in general. I think your targeted audience will want good advice, but also their own state of anticipation, excitement and "Vorfreude" :) reflected.

All in all, I think your idea is very good. I can imagine that you could later widen your spectrum and also link to baby-stuff on Amazon via affiliates, for example. Another thing that came to mind was printing some flyers, and just spreading them at different gynecologists' offices (you know, where the magazines are lying around)! Maybe some will be happy to provide their patients with more information at no cost to themselves...
Also, it would be possible to make a connection from the checklist to the Google Calendar API and let visitors automatically add the important deadlines to their calendar, or something like that...

Best wishes,
Gepi

Thanks Gepi,
this is real good feedback and I agree that the UX and specifically the design of the website can definitely be improved. Let me take your good ideas into the next release cycle.
I like the idea of the calendar functions and would need to acquire the skills or people to implement such a function for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...