The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Germany, this may be a longer intro than I planned

Mpolo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

my name is Marco and I'm a 25 old medicine student from Germany. I still clearly remember the day I got the letter telling me that I will be able to go to med school, was probably one of the happiest days of my life. Coming from a background with one of my parents being from Asia, good grades and a good education was a 24/7 topic in my life and trying to make them proud was and maybe still is somehow rooted inside me.

I actually had a quite good life until now being an only child and my parents are typical middle class and I am grateful for everything because I know from which circumstances some people start. And to be honest I am also quite materialistic since I always wanted to have a house next to the sea and drive a fancy sports car and I thought that I might be able to achieve that with working hard later in life and maybe do some investing so I can afford that in my 50s.

Thats how I got into that whole finance and passive income section maybe two or three years ago, got tips from YouTube gurus, brokers,my parents and older friends and starting with that classic investment account and started to put some money aside(Thank god we do not need to pay a university fee in Germany).
And I was 100% convinced in this is the only method with the promise that I maybe will be able to achieve „financial freedom“with 50. Last year I met friends of my parents who were quite rich(but gained it quite late in their life) and he told me he just ordered a new custom designed Porsche. When I met him he was already over 70 and his health was not that good and unfortunately he passed away that same year. That was my wait eye opening moment, where I was like well I don't want to buy my first Porsche with 60 there is no use for it.
I was quite lost afterwards tried different things like sneaker reselling and started my first drop-shipping store which generated some income but failed in the end (The product did not solve an issue as I now realized).
I furthermore just read different books and watched youtube videos until randomly I found the Millionaire Fastlane which changed my worldview quite a lot and it resonated quite much with a voice inside of me which is now really loud.

And to be honest even though I maybe started medicine partly to please my parents I got and still am really passionate about it. I want to become a neurosurgeon and help people when I finish med school next year. Even though helping people and practice medicine turned out to be a strong purpose in my life, I realized in the last years I am not willing to work 70-80h shifts for under minimum wage until I am retired to fulfill this purpose.
I want the financial freedom in 10 years to be able to step down with the hours when I am 35-40 and take time for my future family and to be able to offer my future wife the same early retirement if she wants that. I want to be able to practice for free for some years in countries where people do not have the money and access to healthcare.
And well I still want that nice sports car in my garage and that beautiful home which I am now self-confident enough to say after reading The Millionare Fastlane. I don’t know if it is possible to be a full-time doctor and create a business that gives me my financial freedom in the next 5 years but I am determined to achieve it.

In the last days I figured out that right now my ultimate goal for my future business is that I want to generate value by improving the health sector and to help more patients on a bigger scale. I don’t know the how and what exactly, but I will figure it out.

Well this text got quite long and I got a little bit in a rant, but most of my friends and my parents did not understand it when I told them all this and it felt good to write it all out. I know this is going to be a tough journey (and to be honest right now I don’t know where exactly to start with it), but I am willing to take that.

And right now, I don’t know the exact target and how everything will play out but I know I need to start moving and at least I have a direction now. I’m writing this all down to be accountable for it and will update it for myself during my journey.

So here is my plan for the next year:

In the morning:

studying for med school and finishing it beginning of next year

Afternoon:
Developing new skills (joined Toastmaster to work on my communication and appearance), getting out of my comfort zone(actually I am stills surprised that I forced myself to go to Toastmaster since I am still quite shy sometimes) trying new things and working on myself

Reading on different topics: business computer science and searching for problems that need to be solved

Starting to work on business idea, which I need to figure out and generating some income out of it end of this year.

And I have not figured everything out yet but I need this post to mark my starting point.

Coming back to this thread in a half year to give an update and to hold myself accountable.

Happy to have found this forum and best regards

Marco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
Hello everyone,

my name is Marco and I'm a 25 old medicine student from Germany. I still clearly remember the day I got the letter telling me that I will be able to go to med school, was probably one of the happiest days of my life. Coming from a background with one of my parents being from Asia, good grades and a good education was a 24/7 topic in my life and trying to make them proud was and maybe still is somehow rooted inside me.

I actually had a quite good life until now being an only child and my parents are typical middle class and I am grateful for everything because I know from which circumstances some people start. And to be honest I am also quite materialistic since I always wanted to have a house next to the sea and drive a fancy sports car and I thought that I might be able to achieve that with working hard later in life and maybe do some investing so I can afford that in my 50s.

Thats how I got into that whole finance and passive income section maybe two or three years ago, got tips from YouTube gurus, brokers,my parents and older friends and starting with that classic investment account and started to put some money aside(Thank god we do not need to pay a university fee in Germany).
And I was 100% convinced in this is the only method with the promise that I maybe will be able to achieve „financial freedom“with 50. Last year I met friends of my parents who were quite rich(but gained it quite late in their life) and he told me he just ordered a new custom designed Porsche. When I met him he was already over 70 and his health was not that good and unfortunately he passed away that same year. That was my wait eye opening moment, where I was like well I don't want to buy my first Porsche with 60 there is no use for it.
I was quite lost afterwards tried different things like sneaker reselling and started my first drop-shipping store which generated some income but failed in the end (The product did not solve an issue as I now realized).
I furthermore just read different books and watched youtube videos until randomly I found the Millionaire Fastlane which changed my worldview quite a lot and it resonated quite much with a voice inside of me which is now really loud.

And to be honest even though I maybe started medicine partly to please my parents I got and still am really passionate about it. I want to become a neurosurgeon and help people when I finish med school next year. Even though helping people and practice medicine turned out to be a strong purpose in my life, I realized in the last years I am not willing to work 70-80h shifts for under minimum wage until I am retired to fulfill this purpose.
I want the financial freedom in 10 years to be able to step down with the hours when I am 35-40 and take time for my future family and to be able to offer my future wife the same early retirement if she wants that. I want to be able to practice for free for some years in countries where people do not have the money and access to healthcare.
And well I still want that nice sports car in my garage and that beautiful home which I am now self-confident enough to say after reading The Millionare Fastlane. I don’t know if it is possible to be a full-time doctor and create a business that gives me my financial freedom in the next 5 years but I am determined to achieve it.

In the last days I figured out that right now my ultimate goal for my future business is that I want to generate value by improving the health sector and to help more patients on a bigger scale. I don’t know the how and what exactly, but I will figure it out.

Well this text got quite long and I got a little bit in a rant, but most of my friends and my parents did not understand it when I told them all this and it felt good to write it all out. I know this is going to be a tough journey (and to be honest right now I don’t know where exactly to start with it), but I am willing to take that.

And right now, I don’t know the exact target and how everything will play out but I know I need to start moving and at least I have a direction now. I’m writing this all down to be accountable for it and will update it for myself during my journey.

So here is my plan for the next year:

In the morning:

studying for med school and finishing it beginning of next year

Afternoon:
Developing new skills (joined Toastmaster to work on my communication and appearance), getting out of my comfort zone(actually I am stills surprised that I forced myself to go to Toastmaster since I am still quite shy sometimes) trying new things and working on myself

Reading on different topics: business computer science and searching for problems that need to be solved

Starting to work on business idea, which I need to figure out and generating some income out of it end of this year.

And I have not figured everything out yet but I need this post to mark my starting point.

Coming back to this thread in a half year to give an update and to hold myself accountable.

Happy to have found this forum and best regards

Marco
Hey Marco ! Fellow fastlaner here on over here and welcoming you to the forum, hope you have a happy time here and get to the journey where you are intended to go. Cheers !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...