The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Living Life -- Concerts

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
One of the pleasures of life is to enjoy the arts, including music.

Each of us has a different musical taste, for sure. But I am sure we all agree that live music is great.

Last night I attended a concert with Lita Ford, Poison and Def Leppard. Had a blast.

What concerts have you gone to this year?

Which ones are you gonna go to before the end of 2012?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I've never been to a concert, despite spending 9 months of my life in NYC.

Kinda sad, really. I would have gone to a metal concert (Symphony X and Iced Earth) with a girl, but I don't think my actual girlfriend would have liked that :p

Hm... what concerts can I go to by the end of 2012...

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I've never been to a concert, despite spending 9 months of my life in NYC.

There is free live music in Greenwich Village every night of the week. Get out there.

I'm not a big fan of overpriced concerts with bands that haven't written anything new in years. I'd much rather see a show in a small venue.

Latest bands I've seen:
Dead Luke
Cave
Ty Segall
Apache Dropout
Lonesome Savages
Ty Segall
White Fence
Deer Tick

Might go see Dick Dale tonight.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
There is free live music in Greenwich Village every night of the week.
Cool!
No need to be a millionaire to enjoy that one, huh?

I'm not a big fan of overpriced concerts with bands that haven't written anything new in years. I'd much rather see a show in a small venue.
Cool too.

Latest bands I've seen:
Dead Luke
Cave
Ty Segall
Apache Dropout
Lonesome Savages
Ty Segall
White Fence
Deer Tick

Might go see Dick Dale tonight.
LOL, I have no idea about any of those!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I went to one concert in 1990, Amy Grant, for my wife. Paid good money for what I thought were great tickets. The seats were terrible. Never wanted to try again.

I decided 3 years ago to make another attempt so I could do this with my kid. I don't mind spending a good price to get great seats. We have attended:

Boston
Styx
Journey
Foreigner
AC/DC
Ranger
Kool and the Gang
and last month....Van Halen

Def Leopard and Poison sound interesting.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last (big, paid) concert I went to was Rock am Ring 2009. 1 week of camping, drinking, doing stupid stuff and great music. Was in the first lines during the Limp Bizkit concert, crowdsurfing all the time. Nearly got on stage during one song, Fred Durst picked the guy right next to me. Great experience, have to go there again as soon as I fixed being broke.

Limp Bizkit - Rollin (Live @ Rock am Ring 2009)

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I am an odd duck. I love music but fail to see the appeal of live music (or movie theaters for that matter). Why go and sit squished with people when I can watch the same thing on my laptop from the comfort of my own bed?

that being said, my wife took me to TSO last fall. I love TSO. I failed to see the appeal of live TSO.

also have seen DMB, multiple country artists and other harder rock artists. I used to vend concerts, so got to see a bunch. I really hate country music, gives me a headache, but they by far give the customers the best show that I saw.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Biggest concert I ever went to was in '79 at Jack Murphy Stadium.

Shakin' Streets (who?)
Pat Travers
Cheap Trick
Blue Oyster Cult

The music and atmosphere was epic. The air was - fragrant.

Since then I've been to a bunch of others. A real surprise was Kenny G. The guy can hold a note! Took my wife for a birthday to that one, so I get to keep my man card.

Took my son to Motorhead some years back.

Concerts recently have been my son's band, actually. They're gaining a lot of momentum in the San Diego scene, have played Belly Up a few times, the Roxy a couple times. They're currently recording at 17th Street in Costa Mesa (producers for Sublime). If you like Rock Reggae, check out Reeform. They're on the move.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Concerts recently have been my son's band, actually. They're gaining a lot of momentum in the San Diego scene, have played Belly Up a few times, the Roxy a couple times. They're currently recording at 17th Street in Costa Mesa (producers for Sublime). If you like Rock Reggae, check out Reeform. They're on the move.

cool songs, listening to a few right now. which part does your son have in the band? I'm a bass player but don't have the time to play right now..

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I love how we all mostly like rock music. I'm a metalhead myself. Mostly recent power metal-type stuff (Dark Moor, Rhapsody of Fire, Kamelot), but Maiden and Priest have a special place in my heart.

Also, I would kill to see TSO live (if by TSO you mean Trans-Siberian Orchestra lol)

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Also, I would kill to see TSO live (if by TSO you mean Trans-Siberian Orchestra lol)

They are great live! I saw them in Philly last winter around Christmas time

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Never heard of them before but great stuff. Guess I have to add a few of the bands in this thread to my playlists ;)

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
cool songs, listening to a few right now. which part does your son have in the band? I'm a bass player but don't have the time to play right now..
He plays guitar and does back up vocals. He's the "face" of the band, for the most part - guy in front with the beanie talking to the crowd. This is them opening for Pato Banton some months back at a dive in San Diego called Brick by Brick.

[video=youtube;t4A8WLtmr0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A8WLtmr0Y&feature=relmfu[/video]

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
He plays guitar and does back up vocals. He's the "face" of the band, for the most part - guy in front with the beanie talking to the crowd. This is them opening for Pato Banton some months back at a dive in San Diego called Brick by Brick.

[video=youtube;t4A8WLtmr0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A8WLtmr0Y&feature=relmfu[/video]

Great stuff!

Haha, I have to digg up the video of one of my first gigs many years ago. My idol was (is) Flea and I copied his cuddly toy pants :D

redhotchilipeppers7rt8.jpg

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Done a bunch this year

marylin manson
rob zombie
Beach boys
Godsmack (rockstar tour) coming up

and some smaller ones... def fun seeing music live!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What concerts have you gone to this year?

The benefits of the Fastlane... why wait for your favorite performer to come to your town? Fly to him!

Yanni is one of my favorite performers. (Ahhh don't laugh!)

Instead of going to the concert here at the boring old Comcast theater in Phoenix, I flew to Denver this weekend to see him at Red Rocks Amphitheater ... what a beautiful venue! The weather was perfect, I had great seats, and I made a weekend of it by staying in Breckenridge. I make a habit of flying around the country to see him at different venues and Red Rocks was the first time I saw him outdoors. It was something surreal that I will remember for a lifetime. I'd love to see him repeat his concert in Greece at the Acropolis, the performance that made him famous.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I've slowed down lately but I was a serious concert goer back in the day. Being old, I got to see some classic bands live.

Some of the highlights...

Springsteen in his prime (Born in the USA tour)
Devo in a small club after their first album
Las Lobos in a club about the size of a large living room in 1980
Yes
Rush
Supertramp on their Crime of the Century tour
Dave Brubeck Bank in a small Greenich Village club
Pat Methany at the Montreal Jazz fest

D

DeletedUser394

Took my mother to Van Halen for mother's day. (her favorite band growing up). Had private/vip seats with separate entrance and everything and didn't have to worry about price one bit... having money is nice. lol

And I was at the Calgary Stampede the other day, and 'technically' saw Paul Brandt perform in the grandstand show for a few songs.. wouldn't call it a full concert though.

Beyond that I've never been to any other concerts.. that I can remember. Plenty of musicals though.

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
MJ, I thought about going to Yanni, but we decided to go camping last weekend instead. I'm very lucky to have grown up next door to Red Rocks. It's an amazing venue! I will be there next week for Kaskade and hopefully a few more times before it closes for the season.

RichKid, I've seen a bunch of musicals, too. I am most excited about my tickets to The Book of Mormon when it opens here in Denver next month. Can't wait!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Going to Kenny Chesney on the 5th and I leave for a tropical island vacation on the 6th. Im exited!!!

I live walking distance from one of the best venues in Houston, the Cynthia Woods Pavilion. Reliant Stadium (for Chesney) kind of sucks but it will be fun.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My wife and I have been to countless country music concerts. Looking forward to hitting up Billy Bob's in Dallas.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I liked MJ's post (about the flying to new venues).

I then read the rest of his post, and had to click UNLIKE. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Kak - what island?

Roatan. And I'm taking a quick private plane trip to Guatamala to play the volcano golf course. Want to dive the barrier reef too.

They also have the black pearl golf course right there in pristine bay. It is designed by Pete Dye.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
My wife and I have been to countless country music concerts. Looking forward to hitting up Billy Bob's in Dallas.

Dang, gonna have to educate you about north Texas Vig. Billy Bob's is in Ft. Worth. Andres was over here about a month ago and I took him for a tour of the stockyards. That's where BB is.

Dallas and Cowtown kinda don't like it when you put the wrong stuff in the wrong city. Gets people riled up around these parts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.