The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lifehacked - Allen Wong's book

For any book discussion

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
Just wanted to say, Thank You for sharing Allen!! Those are some very deep, personal things, and I really respect that you were willing to share those with us. It also helps me continue to drive toward creating my (Fastlane), so I can help my mom, who is single, working a POS job, struggling day-to-day. I hope to be able to do the same thing for my Mom, and hopefully my grandparents if they are still alive at that point. I did buy and am still reading the book, with my limited time, great read so far!!

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Thanks again guys for the feedback. Here's a little update on my life: I've been getting emails from Microsoft telling me that they will send me a free Windows 8 device to test my Windows 8 apps on. They want my 5-0 Radio app as one of the first few apps available in their app store. I think this is another "gold rush" opportunity that app developers shouldn't miss (I know a lot of program developers ignored the Apple App Store at first, but they're kicking themselves now). I honestly think that the Apple app store is a bit overcrowded now. Don't get me wrong; I'm still making bank on my iOS apps, but I'm also looking for new opportunities to expand my business (recall one of my key lifehacks from my Lifehacked book: diversify your income sources). Microsoft is still a big deal in the OS world, and I have no doubts that Windows 8 (and 9, 10, etc.) will be used by hundreds of millions of people in the future. And yes, this will probably mean that I'll have to learn a new computer language/SDK again, but that hasn't stopped me before (like when I had to learn Objective-C to code iPhone apps). Remember that one of the ways of becoming successful is by traveling the difficult road that others don't want to.

Just a heads up for the apptrepreneurs out there :) Here's a link to their "Getting Started" page: Learn to build Windows Store apps And no, I don't work for Microsoft, and they're not paying me to promote their Windows 8 store.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Thanks again guys for the feedback. Here's a little update on my life: I've been getting emails from Microsoft telling me that they will send me a free Windows 8 device to test my Windows 8 apps on. They want my 5-0 Radio app as one of the first few apps available in their app store. I think this is another "gold rush" opportunity that app developers shouldn't miss (I know a lot of program developers ignored the Apple App Store at first, but they're kicking themselves now). I honestly think that the Apple app store is a bit overcrowded now. Don't get me wrong; I'm still making bank on my iOS apps, but I'm also looking for new opportunities to expand my business (recall one of my key lifehacks from my Lifehacked book: diversify your income sources). Microsoft is still a big deal in the OS world, and I have no doubts that Windows 8 (and 9, 10, etc.) will be used by hundreds of millions of people in the future. And yes, this will probably mean that I'll have to learn a new computer language/SDK again, but that hasn't stopped me before (like when I had to learn Objective-C to code iPhone apps). Remember that one of the ways of becoming successful is by traveling the difficult road that others don't want to.

Just a heads up for the apptrepreneurs out there :) Here's a link to their "Getting Started" page: Learn to build Windows Store apps And no, I don't work for Microsoft, and they're not paying me to promote their Windows 8 store.

That's an awesome opportunity.

Windows is and will remain one of the top OS's of the world for sometime, so for people to ignore it is just missing money on the table.

Congrats man!

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Hey guys, I hope everyone here is okay after Hurricane Sandy hit us. I'm raising money for Red Cross with my book. This is no gimmick or publicity stunt. I just want to help out my neighbors who lost their homes (I'm currently living in NYC). So, I'll be giving away my book for free if you donate to Red Cross.

Just use this link to purchase the book and I will forward the money to Red Cross.
lifehacked: Hurricane Sandy discount

This offer is only for a limited time.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Hey guys, I hope everyone here is okay after Hurricane Sandy hit us. I'm raising money for Red Cross with my book. This is no gimmick or publicity stunt. I just want to help out my neighbors who lost their homes (I'm currently living in NYC). So, I'll be giving away my book for free if you donate $3 to Red Cross.

Just go to this link and purchase the book for $3, and I will forward the money to Red Cross.
lifehacked: Hurricane Sandy discount

This offer is only for a limited time.

Good for you Allen.

Likwid who also lives in New York happens to have his own fund going. (He is a firefighter, so he is actually part of the re-building process)

Here is the link if you are interested https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/cu...ations-calling-all-fastlaners.html#post246702

Last edited by a moderator:

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Thanks Allen! I was just about to PM you and haggle for the $9.99 price under the premise that I finished grad school last year and owe a shitload of dough.

Now I get to support the Red Cross, get the book on the low and not feel like a cheapass! Win-win-win. I am gonna throw that thing on my iPad right now and begin reading, thank you so much +SPEED my man.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I bought it. Thanks.

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Bought it and read it last night. It's a solid book with some timeless advice. Allen is a very cunning dude who's perseverance is something to behold. I highly recommend it.

He must have "got lucky" ;) Lol I can't stand when people say that!

Ãœbertreffen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 17, 2012
I've purchased the book as well. I haven't had much time to dig into the book but will be doing so this upcoming weekend.

A class act on your part for using the proceeds towards the Red Cross. Keep up the good work!

pdog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 22, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Just bought. Happy to send a little $ as a donation to Hurricane Sandy victims via Red Cross. It's coming over the Rockies shortly :)

Thanks.

A10

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2011
Hi

Just bought the book. Nice stuff in there. Keep up the good work Allen.

A10

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
As promised, the sales from my book from the past few days were donated to Red Cross for their Hurricane Sandy disaster relief fund.

The link will now redirect to an exclusive 25% discount for Fastlane users. Or just go to lifehacked: Fastlane discount for the discount. My 50% student discount still stands for current students.

sandydonation.jpg

Thanks everyone for donating!

Manu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Apr 9, 2012
Spain
I'm currently working hard and I only read like absolutely necessary stuff to keep going, but I've read your story here and you said a lot of things that resonate with me, in mindset, but also I don't have any money right know, my father has mental problems and I'm also developing apps, (even the girl on the cover resembles a girl in my past :)).

So thanks for sharing, I just bought the fastlane discount version, I know I am before a good read!

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Is there a discount going on for the physical hardcover book? About to buy it and was just curious. The links all led to the pdf version.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
Is there a discount going on for the physical hardcover book? About to buy it and was just curious. The links all led to the pdf version.

I believe it's only in PDF format for now.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Darn, I'd prefer a physical copy since I don't have a reader.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Darn, I'd prefer a physical copy since I don't have a reader.

A hard copy version will be available on Amazon shortly. I've been working on getting it published. I already submitted the contents and cover file. Just waiting for them to okay it. I'll give you guys a discount code when I have the book.

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
A hard copy version will be available on Amazon shortly. I've been working on getting it published. I already submitted the contents and cover file. Just waiting for them to okay it. I'll give you guys a discount code when I have the book.

Great! Just read both excerpts and am looking forward to it.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
I will be getting this when the hardcopy is available :)

Read your interview as well. Very inspirational!

Thanks. Amazon.com approved it and said that they will process it for their store in 5-7 business days (they said that yesterday). So I'm expecting the hard copy to be available for purchase next week. I set the retail price to $22.95, but I also have a discount code for 20% off for Fastlane users, and also a 40% off discount for students and for people who paid full price for the eBook. I think that's a fair pricing for everyone (Amazon takes ~$11-12 royalty for each book sold). I also ordered 20 copies to be sent to my house. I plan on signing them and selling them for charity (maybe $25 each?). I also owe J Kim a signed copy, because I promised him one if he bought my book (he was one of the first people to buy my book). I did not forget that promise and I always keep my promises.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Thanks. Amazon.com approved it and said that they will process it for their store in 5-7 business days (they said that yesterday). So I'm expecting the hard copy to be available for purchase next week. I set the retail price to $22.95, but I also have a discount code for 20% off for Fastlane users, and also a 40% off discount for students and for people who paid full price for the eBook. I think that's a fair pricing for everyone (Amazon takes ~$11-12 royalty for each book sold). I also ordered 20 copies to be sent to my house. I plan on signing them and selling them for charity (maybe $25 each?). I also owe J Kim a signed copy, because I promised him one if he bought my book (he was one of the first people to buy my book). I did not forget that promise and I always keep my promises.

If it's for charity I'll buy one. I can just paypal you the full amount instead so the charity gets the full amount.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
In for an autographed hard copy. Can't wait. :thumbup:
Sent from my iOS powered Android.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Sweet. If you want the signed copy, just paypal me $30 or more if you're in the U.S. and $42 or more if you're outside of the U.S. along with the address that you want me to send the book. My paypal account is: regoapps@gmail.com Proceeds will be sent to Red Cross.

The unsigned paperback is also on sale on Amazon:
Lifehacked: How One Family from the Slums Made Millions Selling Apps: Allen Wong: 9781480178915: Amazon.com: Books

For those who already bought the ebook at full price ($19.95) and want the physical book, email me at regoapps@gmail.com and I can send you a 40% off discount code. Those who bought the book at Fastlane discount price ($14.95 or less), I have a 20% discount code for you. Students can also get 40% off the paperback version.

A Kindle version is also available if you would like that instead: Lifehacked: How One Family from the Slums Made Millions Selling Apps [Kindle Edition] Amazon.com: Books

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Sweet, just sent paypal payment for a signed copy.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
All 20 signed copies have been claimed. $893 was raised from it with a few people donating $100+ for the book. In total (including last week's donation and donations made by readers directly to Red Cross), the amount donated was over $1250.00. So thanks everyone who contributed.

redcross.jpg

I ordered some more copies of my book to sign and mail out. If you want one, it's $25 + $5 shipping in the U.S. ($17 shipping for international). Or you can donate whatever amount you want above $25. A lot of people donated $50 for the book. The instructions on where to send the payment is shown in my previous posts.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.