The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lifehacked - Allen Wong's book

For any book discussion

odihost

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 4, 2012
Yogjakarta, Indonesia
Just bought the ebook. If you want a billion then this book can certainly help. Expense $20, income $1 billion.

I've reached LIFEHACKS #6. Diversify your investment. Adam I kinda disagree with this. I've put 80% my money in stocks. Yes stocks can drop, there can be recession, you can lose money. But there's a strategy to all of it. Buffet has most of his money in stocks. I think the important thing is you fully understand the asset, the ability to make money and the risk. When there is recession and stocks are dropping this is when Buffet buys stocks. You need to choose your stocks. Which do you choose, a company that makes money in a country that has no growth, or in a country that is developing, growing 3% a year? Trading stocks is bad, investing is the right way. Don't forget you need to invest (buy and hold) on companies that are growing consistently. If you want to grow your money 20% a year, that means you need to find companies which it’s profit grows more than 20% a year in the coming years.

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
Everyone has their own risk tolerance. Obviously, the more risk you take on, the more profitable it can be (and also the more dangerous). So, if you're young, then 80% in stocks isn't that bad. A lot of people start with riskier portfolios when they're young, and then switch over to a more diverse portfolio as they get older, to protect their life savings. And I agree with what you're saying. Trading stocks is bad, and investing is good. That's one of the lessons I teach in the book.

Bruce

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Just finished the book. It was a fantastic read, anyone within the younger age group should read this book asap. The story about his family is inspirational and the life lessons explained are something worth implementing into your daily life.

PS: Allen, you sure are one hell of a hard worker!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
I'll be buying this one for sure. But I have a couple books I need to finish first.

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
Hei Allen, I saw you first at youtube when browsing Lambo and MJ.
I'm surprised you're here too. Great!
More and more real life examples here in this forum. :icon_super::icon_super::icon_super:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Hey everyone, I just joined here. Thanks for reading my book. I appreciate every reader that I get. It's always great to see someone get inspired to become successful in the same way that I was inspired by other successful entrepreneurs when I was younger.

I'm here to offer any advice for people looking to sell or make apps. Or you have any questions about the book or myself, I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. Or maybe you have general questions about being a successful entrepreneur, I can answer those questions as well.

It's awesome to meet you here Allen. I heard about you for the first time last night by reading this thread and I got inspired by your story.
I decided on the spot to jump in and become an Android Apps Developer (I have got an interesting app idea by the way). I am a web developer but I know a little bit of Java too and I created a basic android app for myself earlier. I got registered as an app developer on Google Play last night and I'm starting my journey today.
Building smart apps has been my underlying passion for quite some time now and I really wanna make people's mobile experience better. Thanks for the inspiration and all the best to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

regoapps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
483%
Sep 19, 2012
It's awesome to meet you here Allen. I heard about you for the first time last night by reading this thread and I got inspired by your story.
I decided on the spot to jump in and become an Android Apps Developer (I have got an interesting app idea by the way). I am a web developer but I know a little bit of Java too and I created a basic android app for myself earlier. I got registered as an app developer on Google Play last night and I'm starting my journey today.
Building smart apps has been my underlying passion for quite some time now and I really wanna make people's mobile experience better. Thanks for the inspiration and all the best to you.

I hear similar stories a lot, and I'm glad to be able to pave the way for you just like others have paved the way for me in the past. That was my intention all along when I came out of private life and finally told my life story to the public (starting with my interview with SecretEntourage a year ago).

I wish you the best and hope that you become successful in your projects. And don't forget that your first app probably will not be your game changer. The app that made me successful was probably my 9th app or so. It takes effort and patience. And it's a learning experience. But once you get the hang of it, and really get a feel for how the app market works, you'll realize that the sky's the limit and you can make as much money as you're willing to put effort into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nomad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 6, 2013
Hi Allen,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences - I've ordered your book, looking forward to reading it.

Danny G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
May 10, 2011
Bulgaria
Read the book for less than 3 days (damn full time job did not allowed me to read it earlier) but it is a great book!

I was close to crying couple of times, people who have read it know why.

Congrats Allen for the success!

Dwayne

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jul 5, 2016
Singapore
it's already half way into 2016 and only now I discover your book. Wished I had read it earlier. MJ's book and your book are seriously inspiring. I've embark own my entrepreneur journey for almost 7 years but without any success. All I have now are tons of failure experiences. However, after reading your book made me realised my biggest mistakes - I didn't get myself much into consumers' mindset and didn't direct much effort into marketing.

28 years old now and I hope it's still not too late for me to be on the fastlane!

Action Mike

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Nov 9, 2016
Great thread. I guess Rego Apps doesn't post on the forum any more. In another thread someone mentioned a AMA thread of his about app developing but I can't seem to find it now. Was it removed or moved to the INSIDERS area?

Just bought the book too and can't wait to read it. I am in IT and one of the directions I am working on now is app development.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics