The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Liability Waiver

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
We are debating about making a liability waiver part of our reservation process. My reasoning is that we get a lot Texans up, (who are unfamiliar with snow and snowy conditions) and I am concerned about slipping and falling.

Any thoughts on if we should include this waiver and if so how should it be worded (ex. legal terms or layman's terms)? ...Would you sign a waiver?

Thanks! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
It would seem a good idea to have one. Include something about lost or stolen articles, injury anything to protect yourself from. The purpose in having it is legal, so probably best to word it that way.

eople sign waivers all the time and some may not even realize that's what they've done.

Is your reservation process online? You might be able to do what most everyone does and make it a step they click before they can finalize, you know the one, please check that you have read the terms, policies or what ever box otherwise you're dead in the water and can't move on, the one few people read but click that they do.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
The liability waiver (currently) is something that they have to click "I accept" before we give them directions to the cabins. My partner thinks that a waiver could scare people off or give ideas. I suppose I don't really care if it does either- if they sign the waiver!

Just trying ot get a feel for what others think out there. ...Would you sign one for a cabin rental, or would it turn you off? ...If so, why?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.