The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Public Liability Insurance & Online Auto Parts

Roughneck

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I'll keep this short and sweet. Over the last year I have been running an Online Auto Parts store. We directly import our parts from USA and sell them in Australia. We have had a solid year to date and things are definitely improving. The time had come to review our insurances and I have found, after reading the insurers PDS, that our Public Liability Insurance does not actually cover any vehicle components that are part of the steering or wheels.

Yes yes yes...I made the mistake not to have thoroughly checked this early in the research stage of starting the business.

I have been in contact with numerous insurance brokers in an attempt to acquire more suitable insurance. At the moment, the only company that will touch us is offering a 12k insurance premium (up from 1.2k) with a lot of the others flat out knocking our business back.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? This is really disheartening considering I have taken a lot of time and effort in finding high quality products for the Australian market and now this has really thrown a spanner in the works. Our business is just a part-time gig at the moment as I still have full-time work.

Not sure if I can add more involved legal wording into my terms and conditions to cover myself?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.