• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Liability Waiver

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by yveskleinsky, Dec 3, 2007.

1. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,713
    We are debating about making a liability waiver part of our reservation process. My reasoning is that we get a lot Texans up, (who are unfamiliar with snow and snowy conditions) and I am concerned about slipping and falling.

Any thoughts on if we should include this waiver and if so how should it be worded (ex. legal terms or layman's terms)? ...Would you sign a waiver?

Thanks! :)

2. Allthingznew

Allthingznew Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $85
    It would seem a good idea to have one. Include something about lost or stolen articles, injury anything to protect yourself from. The purpose in having it is legal, so probably best to word it that way.

eople sign waivers all the time and some may not even realize that's what they've done.

Is your reservation process online? You might be able to do what most everyone does and make it a step they click before they can finalize, you know the one, please check that you have read the terms, policies or what ever box otherwise you're dead in the water and can't move on, the one few people read but click that they do.

3. yveskleinsky

yveskleinsky Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,713
    The liability waiver (currently) is something that they have to click "I accept" before we give them directions to the cabins. My partner thinks that a waiver could scare people off or give ideas. I suppose I don't really care if it does either- if they sign the waiver!

Just trying ot get a feel for what others think out there. ...Would you sign one for a cabin rental, or would it turn you off? ...If so, why?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.