The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex's Digital/Physical Product Group Accountability Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
I just got my first ever sale online this morning. I can't believe it.

It took me about a month to develop my product until I was able to publish it on Etsy. Nothing was happening for a week or so and then today I checked my email and found out that someone purchased it. The best part is that I spent less on Etsy Ads, than the product is selling for, which means that it's profitable. This feels unbelievable.

Thank you a lot for your posts, Lex! Without your posts I don't think I could've done it.

What could I do now, to speed up the process of getting sales?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

It took me about a month to develop my product until I was able to publish it on Etsy. Nothing was happening for a week or so and then today I checked my email and found out that someone purchased it. The best part is that I spent less on Etsy Ads, than the product is selling for, which means that it's profitable. This feels unbelievable.

Thank you a lot for your posts, Lex! Without your posts I don't think I could've done it.

Give it a day or two to see how it goes, then start increasing your ad budget.

If you keep getting sales, keep increasing the budget, keeping an eye on your “cost per sale”.

Start engaging with customers and try to find their likes/dislikes so you can improve the product and find out what additional things you can do to help them

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Give it a day or two to see how it goes, then start increasing your ad budget.

If you keep getting sales, keep increasing the budget, keeping an eye on your “cost per sale”.

Start engaging with customers and try to find their likes/dislikes so you can improve the product and find out what additional things you can do to help them
Thank you a lot for the tips!

Should I better contact customers by manually writing them an email asking about what do they like/dislike, or will it be enough to create some form and send them asking to fill it out?

Also, at what point should I consider getting a website for the store?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

To speed up sales on Etsy, you need more traffic to your store. Increasing your ad spend will bring more people to your store. Likewise, adding more products that target different keywords will also bring more traffic. Those are the two main ways outside of investing time in SEO and social media to increase sales on Etsy.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Thank you a lot for the tips!

Should I better contact customers by manually writing them an email asking about what do they like/dislike, or will it be enough to create some form and send them asking to fill it out?

Also, at what point should I consider getting a website for the store?
Email manually to get started.

If you’re getting a few sales every day, consider a website. Then you have to think about cost, different ad platforms etc. see if current sales are steady before putting time and money into that

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
To speed up sales on Etsy, you need more traffic to your store. Increasing your ad spend will bring more people to your store. Likewise, adding more products that target different keywords will also bring more traffic. Those are the two main ways outside of investing time in SEO and social media to increase sales on Etsy.
Thank you for the tips, Lex!

If I create a lot of different products that are not related at all, this should potentially increase the sales for other products as well, because more people will be finding the store and by checking it out they could potentially decide to buy other products that are not even what they were searching for?

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Email manually to get started.

If you’re getting a few sales every day, consider a website. Then you have to think about cost, different ad platforms etc. see if current sales are steady before putting time and money into that
Thank you, StrikingViper69!

Is it allowed to just take the customer emails directly from Etsy and start sending them emails, or do I have to ask the customers for their email first?

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

Is it allowed to just take the customer emails directly from Etsy and start sending them emails, or do I have to ask the customers for their email first?
I don't know, I've never used Etsy

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just a tip @kr8nt...

These are good questions, and should be easy enough for you to figure out:

Thank you for the tips, Lex!

If I create a lot of different products that are not related at all, this should potentially increase the sales for other products as well, because more people will be finding the store and by checking it out they could potentially decide to buy other products that are not even what they were searching for?

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
Just a tip @kr8nt...

These are good questions, and should be easy enough for you to figure out:
Oh, you are right, Andy, thanks for pointing this out! I was a bit tired and sleepy after the gym and didn't notice that the answers to these questions are quite easy to figure out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.