The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Let’s talk about this steel and aluminum tax

dompie85

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jan 16, 2015
Houston, Texas
Some of you may recognize me as the person who started the thread about being blind to opportunity but something recently (yesterday) has sparked my interest (opportunity?)

Most of you are probably aware of this new Steel and Aluminum import tax right? If not, just google it real quick; it’s a 2 minutes read.

Well, since the US does get most of its imported steel from EU, I was thinking there may be a surplus of metal in the EU unless the EU already adjusted by minimizing production.

Studying up on the oil and gas industry, I was thinking since there MAY BE an overstock of steel and aluminum that cost of these metals may go down drastically in EU (unless they sell to China or Russia). Now correct me if I’m wrong, but this may be an opportunity to acquire a lot of this metal at discount prices to, maybe, construct new pipelines or other equipment in the Industry in Europe?

To add to that, I am fluent (speak read and write) in Polish and do hold EU an citizenship as well.

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
"Now correct me if I’m wrong, but this may be an opportunity to acquire a lot of this metal at discount prices to, maybe, construct new pipelines or other equipment in the Industry in Europe? "

Highly unlikely as the western European nations strictly specify which types of metals to be used for government projects etc. However eastern Europe perhaps the yesteryear Balkan nations and the likes may be inclined to reap from the surplus. However the steel prices WILL definitely effect the USA and with the Usa lethargic and archaic port system, expect the cost of goods to rise exponentially in the next 5 years. China has a well developed port system unfortunately.

The number one port in America is Los angeles but still ranks 19th or so world wide. The logistics is horrid and because of that the transport costs will continue to rise as shipping steel and other widely used metals is an arduous task due to size and weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Belt and Road Initiative - Wikipedia

Not my field, but this may be worth exploring.

TL;DR:
- China building the modern day Silk Road with massive port and railway projects.
- A couple trillion dollars worth of developments
Exactly why the US DOT and federal TSA need to get off their high arses and open themselves up for port improvements and infrastructure re enhancements. They are a bunch of red tape nonsensical idiocy in DC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Western Europe adjusted via adjusting recycling rates (Germany is at 99%) Google the circular economy initiatives (or polish equivleant) I bet China will be happy to pay up for more capacity at recycling plants or more recycling.. I wonder what China's recycling rate is? US is pretty low, so there's something import scrap waste from Atlantic seabird to Europe, recycle (use geothermal/solar energy) and put ingots on train to China.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.