• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Let’s talk about this steel and aluminum tax

Discussion in 'Product Creation, Inventing, Importing, Sourcing' started by dompie85, Jul 14, 2018.

1. dompie85

dompie85 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $843
    Some of you may recognize me as the person who started the thread about being blind to opportunity but something recently (yesterday) has sparked my interest (opportunity?)

Most of you are probably aware of this new Steel and Aluminum import tax right? If not, just google it real quick; it’s a 2 minutes read.

Well, since the US does get most of its imported steel from EU, I was thinking there may be a surplus of metal in the EU unless the EU already adjusted by minimizing production.

Studying up on the oil and gas industry, I was thinking since there MAY BE an overstock of steel and aluminum that cost of these metals may go down drastically in EU (unless they sell to China or Russia). Now correct me if I’m wrong, but this may be an opportunity to acquire a lot of this metal at discount prices to, maybe, construct new pipelines or other equipment in the Industry in Europe?

To add to that, I am fluent (speak read and write) in Polish and do hold EU an citizenship as well.

Thoughts??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleWolfie likes this.
  2. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,609
    "Now correct me if I’m wrong, but this may be an opportunity to acquire a lot of this metal at discount prices to, maybe, construct new pipelines or other equipment in the Industry in Europe? "

Highly unlikely as the western European nations strictly specify which types of metals to be used for government projects etc. However eastern Europe perhaps the yesteryear Balkan nations and the likes may be inclined to reap from the surplus. However the steel prices WILL definitely effect the USA and with the Usa lethargic and archaic port system, expect the cost of goods to rise exponentially in the next 5 years. China has a well developed port system unfortunately.

The number one port in America is Los angeles but still ranks 19th or so world wide. The logistics is horrid and because of that the transport costs will continue to rise as shipping steel and other widely used metals is an arduous task due to size and weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LittleWolfie likes this.
  3. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,737
    Belt and Road Initiative - Wikipedia

Not my field, but this may be worth exploring.

TL;DR:
    - China building the modern day Silk Road with massive port and railway projects.
    - A couple trillion dollars worth of developments

ZF Lee and Arun Siva like this.
  4. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,609
    Exactly why the US DOT and federal TSA need to get off their high arses and open themselves up for port improvements and infrastructure re enhancements. They are a bunch of red tape nonsensical idiocy in DC

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ApparentHorizon likes this.
  5. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $354
    Western Europe adjusted via adjusting recycling rates (Germany is at 99%) Google the circular economy initiatives (or polish equivleant) I bet China will be happy to pay up for more capacity at recycling plants or more recycling.. I wonder what China's recycling rate is? US is pretty low, so there's something import scrap waste from Atlantic seabird to Europe, recycle (use geothermal/solar energy) and put ingots on train to China.

Arun Siva likes this.