The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Leroy Jenkins!!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any D&D fans here will understand this.

Its kinda pathetic and funny all at once. Leroy Jenkins goes into the room of monsters unannounced and with unbridled enthusiasm -- he ends up killing his whole group. Watch Leroy on the lower left ... he jets into the room without the other's preparedness.

LEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU"]YouTube - leroy jenkins[/ame]

I know its easy to laugh at these guys, but when they aren't killing monsters, they're writing software and selling it for millions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
This clip made jeopardy.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
always a good one! Im surprised i havent seen it on TV yet, you see alot of the most popular internet videos make it on TV in one way or another this day and age.

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
WOW, haha. Funny everytime I watch it.

Do you guys know that the whole thing was staged? It's still pretty good though.

seanbraford

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2008
San Francisco & Europe
I know its easy to laugh at these guys, but when they aren't killing monsters, they're writing software and selling it for millions.

Hehe.. some of them are, for sure. I know of one multi-millionaire chemical company CEO, who just plays Civilization all the time in his basement when he's not working on his company.

WarCraft (*warcrack*) seems different though. You can't just play for 1-2 hours per day to unwind & be any good at the game.

I used to be pretty addicted to Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat; now it just seems like such a huge waste of time!

JesseO

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 25, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I was a Wowcrack addict for about 8 months.....by the power of myself and my wife I was able to quit and haven't been back for several months :p Awesome game tho =)

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
When are they coming out with a new version of Starcraft? That was my fave back in the day.... but you could only play on a local area network against 4 guys.... Always thought they're turn it into a WoW type game. We used to stay after work all night to play on the corporate network! haha

- Hakrjak

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
that game looks awesome! that clip is funny as hell!

me and dh used to play hostile space. then they went and redid the whole game and deleted everyones characters.:cuss::mad:

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I was a Wowcrack addict for about 8 months.....by the power of myself and my wife I was able to quit and haven't been back for several months :p Awesome game tho =)

I was an addict to. This game is a huge amount of fun, but the time sink is crazy. Some folks on there have played 300+ days. Thats actual playtime. In other words 7200 hours in front of the computer. Think about it, the game came out at the end of 2004. In 3 years time they have spent almost 1 year of their lives in front of the game. They are not alone. I would estimate there are several hundred people per server like that and there is well over 50 servers. Kudos to Blizzard though, they broke all molds for the game. Males, females, old, young and non gamers. 15 million users at its height some with several accounts, all paying $15 a month on top of the $45 purchase fee to play.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
thats how hostile space was. some of the higher up people would play for 12-18+ hrs a day!

it was 7.99 a month or like 20 for 3 or something like that, and not nearly as big as d&d or wow...

dh played for a longer time then I did but I eventually got into it too and I am a total non-gamer never even finished the very first mario brothers lol.

Im more of a tetris kinda gal.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
When are they coming out with a new version of Starcraft?

- Hakrjak

SC2 won't be out until Q4 '08 or not until '09.

As far as playtime on WoW goes, a lot of MMORPGs have those fanatical players that go on marathon sessions. It's really kind of sad, actually.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Wow. While I'll admit that I waste a ton of my life on other equally stupid stuff, this thread makes me SOOOOOoooo happy to be the oldest poster on here.

Sparky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Aug 28, 2007
London
What kind of products and services could people like WowCrackers use? ;-)
Here is how a couple of people made $1m from building a database of in-game inventory and quests and all sort of stuff (a sort of google site to find out info about in-game things).

http://www.techsoapbox.com/hot-off-the-presses-wowhead-sold-for-over-1-million/

You can try a blog (with several co-writers) and make money of advertising:

http://www.wowinsider.com

Write an add-on that tracks the in-game economy so that players dont verpay for ingame items. Charge a small monthly fee for this service.

http://www.wowecon.com/

An idea I haven't found implemented and havent pursued myself is to offer an intermediary service to buy ingame items while the players are at work.

Just some ideas to make money from other people's addictions :smilielol:

I quit the game about a month ago as it was too much of a time sink.:smx6:

Sparky

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.