The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning to Breathe

Tip Toe

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2015
UK
Hi all, thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I have been lurking for a little while but finally decided to join. I am quite bad at self introductions but here it goes...

I am 23 year old Brit with a short recent background in real estate investments (it's a small family business, so I admit I had a lot of help!) Two years ago I completed my Bachelors at university. The experience left me tired, stressed, socially anxious and (how I felt at the time and still do at times) a shell of my old self. I expected myself out of graduation and to quickly find myself a job in the field...

I never did. I didn't even try. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

For 6 months following my graduation I did nothing of value for myself to improve my direction in life (apart from working for the parents, but I had been doing that for years beforehand.) Come January I had enough pitying myself and did something I had wanted to do for years.

It felt good. I had finally produced something for myself for the first time in years that brought me joy for months from one impromptu action one late night. It was the beginning of a good year which ended with me acquiring my first real estate investment which was it's own experience. But...

Everyone always wants more.

I am no different. I wanted more. However, as a lot of the members here already knew and I came to realize on my own... Real-estate is slow by itself and my current job in the family business is the definition of "slow-lane." I have a problem.

Fast forwarding a bit, before I end up writing my own autobiography, somehow one late night I ended up browsing the old net and ended up here out of curiosity. I started reading everything here and it has touched me.

Already I want to say, Thank you to everyone who has posted in this forum.

In the past week I took actions on an idea that I thought I would never find myself doing and it has been a great confidence booster! Although I have yet to pick up the phone instead of relying on email (mild anxiety/fear)... It's been days and I've already found myself in the deep end! (Licensing contracts are scary, even the tiny ones...) But c'est la vie, if I don't experience I won't learn.

Currently, I am trying to contact manufacturers for my idea, level of success will tell me the validity of my plan while I continue in the old slow-lane in the meantime.

Thank you for reading this far. Did not expect to end up writing this much. :) Lets hope I manage to learn something along the way.

And that's my intro post.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Great intro and welcome to the forum.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome.

Nice intro. You've a lot going for you already, and it'll be great to hear how you get on.

Oh, and I love the name. "Tip toe". "Tip Toe Marketing"... Lol. It has a nice ring to it.

No need to tip toe in here though. :)

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
welcome! Great intro, it seems like you got the right mindset and you already taking action to get to your goals!

petertwin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jan 14, 2015
Awesome intro post man! I am also new here and just wanted to say Welcome and will be nice to hear more from you!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Thank you for the warm welcome all!

Aha. I definitely have a lot to learn and discover before I can start walkin' and stompin', but I'll give it my best shot. :)

Even if it's just tip-toeing, you're moving forward and you're taking action. That puts you way ahead of most. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to watch you on your path to success.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...