The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Learning SEO progress thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Rey Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 18, 2023
Hi there! New here, name is Rey. So I decided to create this thread to keep track of my progress in learning SEO.

Reminder to self: No events! Process, process and process.

Will update regularly (at least once or twice a week).

What I've done so far:
  • watched a lot of videos regarding the topic -- familiarization phase (seo, keyword research, etc.) -- I feel like I am able recognize which influencers and youtubers are actually just event sellers -- thanks to TMF .
  • unsubbed to almost all youtubers I'm subbed to so I don't get distracted watching unrelated content -- will replace with seo-related channels over time

To do:
  • niche research (giving myself until Dec 31) ✅
  • buy a domain name
  • create the basic website

I don't want to focus so much now about how I can eventually monetize this site that I'm building, but I don't want this to be just a learning playground either. There's a big chance that the niche I will end up going after is totally wrong or bad because of lack of experience. My goal is to be able to use it to learn SEO. And I mean really learn it by applying different methods and techniques as I learn them -- connect as much dots as I can and discover trade secrets.

Goal for this site:
  • create a good looking website
  • publish 30 high quality content or more if needed
  • learn how to keep content updated and relevant
  • learn how to impact lives of people consuming my content
  • learn how to go about new updates coming to google (SGE, etc.)
  • rank 3 pages on google
  • learn how to run google ad campaigns
  • find a way to monetize this site (either by affilliate marketing, selling a digital product, etc.) and earn 1 USD

I am pleased to learn from all of you.

Thank you for visiting my thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Marketeri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Dec 28, 2023
I am interested in SEO, it's a difficult topic. I also have many ideas for blogs and websites, but it seems to be difficult for me right now.
Not only that, but I wish you much success!

Rey Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 18, 2023
I am interested in SEO, it's a difficult topic. I also have many ideas for blogs and websites, but it seems to be difficult for me right now.
Not only that, but I wish you much success!

Thank you!

I want to say something a little bit more encouraging, but it is even more difficult right now TBH. But I still want to do it. I bought into too many "events" to know that anything easy or hacky will not get me to where I want to be 2 years from now. What's the worse that can happen?

Let's do it! Do you have a progress thread already?

Rey Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 18, 2023
I am going all in. I feel like something clicked and I connected some dots.

I am creating a personal brand. I am the niche!

TBH, I don't know if this is even possible -- I am an introvert *sigh* I can't even do a proper screen share, but I will do it. I will get better.

This sounds funny, but here's what I did today. I went to chatgpt and asked it to spit out a total 40 paragraphs -- started with 5 -- and then I read it out loud recording myself in obs studio on my mac. I can already see an improvement -- the difference between the first minute and the last is noticeable. I looked and sounded awkward. The audio quality is really bad tho (so I decided to buy a dedicated mic), but I'm pretty sure it's also my voice that isn't too pleasing so I'm looking to improve that as well as much as I possibly can.

I'm happy to say that I already have an idea of what my first video is going to be about. Now I just have to do it.

To do:

- Consume a ton of content about starting a youtube channel so I'm not going in blind
- Improve my tone of voice by doing the exercise I did earlier consistently daily until I get the mic I bought delivered to me
- Record my first video as soon as I get the package in the mail
- Decide on a domain name after publishing 20 videos (not sure if 20 is enough)
- Learn the basics of Davinci Resolve for video editing

Rey Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 18, 2023
I hope everyone had an awesome start to the new year!

Updating today regarding my progress:

I have decided on a topic that I want to start covering on my YouTube channel / my personal brand. It was hard coming up with a niche for sure. This niche aligns well with my strengths.

I'm still waiting for the microphone I ordered. I am doing a 30-day talk-to-a-camera challenge. Today is day 5. I am seeing progress. I have been researching a lot about starting and growing a YouTube channel.

My revised long term plan:

- YouTube first
- build email list
- then comes affiliate marketing
- personal brand website
- blog
- digital products that will require zero updating but can be infinitely improved to be more valuable (low ticket)
- own course (high ticket)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rey Francis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 18, 2023
Update:

I have uploaded 3 videos so far. I will keep on uploading min of 2 videos per week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.