The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Wow just heard the news RIP kobe bryant. An inspiration as an athlete and investor. Sad.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow just heard the news RIP kobe bryant. An inspiration as an athlete and investor. Sad.

I care about basketball as much as I do about reality TV, but when one of the greats in their field, in their art, in their profession dies young, it's gut-wrenching. It hurts my soul thinking about it, can't imagine how his loved ones are fairing. There are 4 others too who supposedly perished on the copter. Very sad.

:(

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
RIP Kobe Bryant. He was an American legend and worldwide inspiration.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
I care about basketball as much as I do about reality TV, but when one of the greats in their field, in their art, in their profession dies young, it's gut-wrenching. It hurts my soul thinking about it, can't imagine how his loved ones are fairing. There are 4 others too who supposedly perished on the copter. Very sad.

I'm in genuine shock. I can't believe one of the greatests has been ripped away like that. He's just had a daughter who will never meet her father, hits hard as a new dad you know?

It just goes to show, our clock will cease ticking and get punched someday, regardless of our feats, fortunes and influence.

We're all mortal.

Peace to him and his family.

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
That is absolutely horrible news. Kobe has been my biggest inspiration who worked harder than anyone else. I still can't believe it. I played with his jerseys so proudly in my own basketball trainings. Terrific and beautiful human being taken way too early. I'm going to bed now and hope it's just a sad dream. Rest in peace, I will love you forever. Mamba out!

Last edited:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

News sources now say his 13 year old daughter Gianna also died in the accident. Tragic and sad.

I probably would never meet kobe but i gained admiration for him when i read an article about him reaching out to pro investors for advice and mentorship in private equity investing. He was different. And there was something about him that told me he was a good person.

Sad.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Man that sucks. I was sorry to hear this.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
This one sucks. I am a big fan of Kobe. I have a pilot's license so I can't imagine what it was like knowing their helicopter was going down.

Last year, I had to respond to a plane crash and saw first hand the devastation caused by a crash. Those emotions and feelings came back up a little bit when I first learned about this. I just can't believe it.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Kobe embodied long-term dedication and craftsmanship.

Great reminder of our humanity. He seemed to just be hitting his legacy stage too...

Tell me, what else should I have done?

Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

—Mary Oliver

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
I am deeply touched! This smashes home the truth that Life if so short. Its very sad, my heart goes out to his family!

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Man...

KB24 was a true embodiment of focusing on the process over the events. His obsession with improvement was absolutely amazing.

The post retirement Kobe was as amazing and inspirational as the basketball competitor.

Truly a shame that he hasn't had his Hall of Fame ceremony. Boy, it would have been a great speech to watch.

And his daughter. Truly sad...

I stand grateful to have witness Kobe greatness.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Apr 16, 2019
A reminder of how fragile life is - at one moment a living legend by anyone's standards, seemingly living a most incredible life, and in a flash reduced to ashes.

So many wonderful things left for him to accomplish. As is true for any of us...

It reminds me of how much I procrastinate. Of how many things I put off, thinking there's some tomorrow I will do them. That meditation is really important, but that I'll practice tranquility later. Yes spending time with family and friends is important, but now's my season for entrepreneurship, so my focus is on work and health. I'll get the focus back to the little things later. My wishes to learn new languages, play musical instruments, let myself go in art, have a small garden, raise children, and the plethora of dreams pushed into the abyss of tomorrow.

And then tomorrow never arrives...

From Marcus Aurelius: "At some point you have to recognize what world it is you belong to; what power rules it and from what source you spring; that there is a limit to the time assigned to you, and if you don't use it to free yourself, it will be gone and will never return."

Let's be thankful for being here today and having yet another chance to live right.

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
So tragic and unexpected. Like a bitch-slap in the face from Reality as a reminder to value our very limited time here on earth. Prayers going out for him and his family as well as those of the other victims and their loved ones.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
What a shock. This guy was an inspiration. A perfect example of what relentless hard work, great attitude, and unbelievable work ethic can do.

I cried the night he dropped 60 points in his last game. It was a thing of beauty.

This is tragic for his family. Taken away way before his time.

Is anyone else re-thinking their priorities right now? Because I am.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I held on to my hope of it being fake until NBA released the statement. I didn't even get to see him play, I've only followed basketball in a "more serious way" (and not THAT serious still) for the last few seasons. But even then I was like woah, no. I hope it was fast honestly, like, they were inside the fog and crashed against the mountain and the lights went off. No suffering.

And of course to think he got up this morning as every morning, had breakfast, etc. But today was his day. You never leave your house thinking you might not return. Life is such a lottery. Rest in peace.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

Especially with such a horrific way to go like a helicopter crash. I can’t imagine what happened in those final moments.

VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VSJ
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Sep 18, 2018
India
It's totally heart broken. May god gives the strength to his family to deal with this tragic incident. A death takes away with it all the dreams that are still unfulfilled. Death like this reminds us the frugality of life. RIP.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I was 6 when Kobe got drafted and 25 when he retired. I've followed the NBA religiously ever since I could walk and Kobe was always at the center of it for my entire life. Almost feels like a piece of my childhood is missing.

It wasn't even until more recently that I began to really appreciate his relentless work ethic and who he was as a father, role model, teammate, entrepreneur, etc. Was just getting started on his 2nd act and just horrible that it was cut so short

RIP to him, his daughter, and the 7 other passengers

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
For me the sadness isn't that he was a big star, it's that he was 41. My friend recently died, she was 42 and had 4 kids.

People die all the time before they're old, or even sick, however it doesn't make it less painful. This is why we need to fill our lives with meaning, sure, make money, be successful, however all of that pails into insignificance when such tragedy strikes.

I feel for his family.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
One thing worth pointing out is how baller Kobe was.

This guy was flying around in helicopters regularly because it wasn't worth his time to get in a car. That's a level that I aspire to get to.

The work ethic, determination, grind... so much to be admired.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Spoken like a true fastlaner

"I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it."

Kobe Bryant - 1978 - 2020

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Oh no! I've just read that he was with his daughter, and all of the passengers were just kids, that makes me want to weep.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh god. Going down with your child beside you. Heart-breaking.

RIP to all on board.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Kobe was one of my heroes. I’m so heartbroken now that’s all I can say.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Life is indeed short.... the older i get the truer this becomes.

People around you start dying friends, co workers its heartbreaking.

Only a few weeks ago my friends brother and his wife where murdered by her own father, shot dead.

There my age....

You just never know when your time is up that's for sure, all it takes is one lunatic or a freak accident.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.