The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

KickStarter.com

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Hey, not sure if anybody has used KickStarter.com yet, but we recently created our own KickStarter project: Create The Matrix - A Fully Immersive Simulation System (a new type of hackerspace) by ImTech — Kickstarter.

We see it as a potential source for 'seed' funding .. and there's some great funds that have been raised for other projects like Diaspora. We've already gotten some biz-dev deals out of it from the exposure.

Let me know if you ever decide to launch your own KickStarter project, and I can let you know how we put ours together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats.. I once thought about KickStarter, I am still considering applying but just been too busy to create a solid page and videos and such.

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Nice video!

I like the idea aswell.
Altough I am having a little trouble understanding the practical aspects of the idea.

I dont have any knowledge in this technology,but assuming you got the equipment and "lab" - how is the process of creating the "virtual platforms" going to work?

psynapse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 19, 2008
Los Angeles, California
@DavidLA we're going to open up an SDK (programming platform) to developers, so anybody can create their own virtual world. Think of as providing an instruction book for HTML, then providing the first web server for people to put their stuff on. This is similar, but 3D surround :)

@JamesF yeah, time is always a tradeoff .. it took us a couple of weeks to put it together, but consider this - if we get funded, that's $20k in our pocket for a couple weeks of work! Not bad ROI!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.