The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Keys to Buying with Creative Seller Fianancing

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
If you buy real estate with bank financing, you have to give up a lot of personal information for the loan application, pay all kinds of junk loan fees, then wait, wait, wait for loan approval. You are also personally liable for the loan and you will usually need a large down payment for a non-owner occupied purchase.

If you buy real estate using private lenders or hard money lenders, they usually control the terms and interest rates.... high interest rates. Some will insist on getting 50% of your profits.

In both cases, you are at the mercy of someone else to say YES or NO to your request for financing. If they say no, you will lose the deal.

A much better way to buy real estate is with creative seller financing. It is easier to get than you think... IF you are working directly with a seller who is very motivated.

With creative seller financing, you are often able to buy with no money down and no or very low interest rates. Sometimes, payments can even be delayed for a year or more. You might make only one payment per year instead of monthly payments. The financing can be creatively structured to fit the opportunity, your needs, and the seller's needs.

In my 20 years of real estate investing, I was able to buy hundreds of properties with creative seller financing and/or subject to the mortgage.

The secret ingredient is to be dealing directly with the seller. They must be motivated to sell quickly for some reason. You absolutely cannot be working with a real estate agent or any other middle person.

"Creative Financing" is a phrase that describes terms that aren't available from institutional financing. By definition then, except for deals made between professionals, creative financing depends upon financing provided by a motivated seller.

It follows that the more a buyer knows about the needs and goals of the seller, the wider the scope of financing possibilities. In turn, the more time and effort the buyer invests in discovering the needs of the seller, and meeting these needs in the transaction, the more successful he or she will be in getting seller's to accept a creative offer.

READ the REST of the Story here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
What is your proposition when you ask a motivated seller to delay payments for a year? Is this for a rehab or any property?

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
The very first rehab I did was a motivated 82 year old seller who was liquidating his final rental property. I made two offers. One for cash, with a lower price. And one with seller financing a 10% higher price. He accepted the higher price. Price was his motivating factor - not monthly payments, not management, not even interest rates. He just did not want the house anymore. And did not really need the cash now.

I explained that I could get the rehab finished faster if I spent money on getting the rehab done vs making a down payment or montly payments. He agreed to a single payment for the total sales price to be paid once the house was sold. No interest accured. Just a single payment note due upon the sale after rehab.

In another situation, the seller wanted to take a 100 day world cruise when they retired and sold their house. I suggested that they take a cruise every year after they retire. In this case, I paid a down payment of $6,000 which paid for part of their cruise. Then I made payments of $6000 a year so they could take a cruise every year.

You have to find out where the HOT buttons are for the sellers then fill the need.

You have to determine the seller's motivation for selling and what their needs are

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.