The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION KAK's Kill Bigger Radio Show

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Wow. It's a shotgun mic? That should be great for excluding those leaf blowers!

I'm looking to upgrade soon. I listened to a podcast I was a guest on recently and the Blue Yeti Nano isn't great. It's great for voiceovers on video lessons. Hmmm... maybe it's because we were on Zoom.

Love the foam on the wall too!
It is an Electro Voice RE 20... THE mainstay of the world's radio broadcast studios.

I thought it would take some toying around with, but after messing around with it a little bit, I am fully confident today's show will roll with the new mic!

rush-limbaugh-lung-cancer.jpg

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
First show with the new mic... It is super warm. It makes me sound better. HAHA. Do I all of a sudden have a better voice for radio? LOL

I know there are a couple of plosives in there, but I am still getting used to talking into it. I think it sounds wonderful and ZERO background junk.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
I am really rather surprised by the age curve of listeners these days! As we have gained listeners it has moved strongly middle age. Fascinating. It used to look like a perfect downward slope.

Honestly, I am just thrilled that people of a wide range of ages are finding great value in it!

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 4.53.39 PM.png

Last edited:

Andy Black

Dad, Husband, Inbound Marketeer
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
First show with the new mic... It is super warm. It makes me sound better. HAHA. Do I all of a sudden have a better voice for radio? LOL

I know there are a couple of plosives in there, but I am still getting used to talking into it. I think it sounds wonderful and ZERO background junk.

Yes, it sounds awesome! Your voice sounds great and there's NO background noise as far as I can tell.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Today, I am taking an emphasis off of the more political topics and back towards the core of the show... Entrepreneurship and building. I will always stick up for capitalism, but I am NOT going to lose sight of the REASON I do, which is our building of great things.

Lately it has felt like an awful obligation to address the political happenings, since there have been so many. It has been tiring and uninspiring to me. Obligation ROBS my inspiration...

While it is never the intention to stifle an entrepreneurial process, too much dwelling on political misgivings can have a negative impact on our motivations. THAT is the LAST THING I would EVER want to do, yet, I am guilty of the demotivation such a focus produces.

Today, I begin to guard against that, even though it makes me feel like I have let the commies win (and it shouldn't because the destruction of motivation is actually losing.) We, as entrepreneurs exist to navigate, to the best of our ability, the system we have, and improve the world via our value.

We believe it and if the world doesn't, so be it. We will make it happen anyway.

Last edited:

GPM

Platinum Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Damn brother, the new mic sounds fantastic so far!!

Less than a year later and you legitimately sound like you have been doing this show your whole life. To say that I am completely blown away is an understatement.

Keep up the fantastic work. You make my drives so much more interesting, as this is when I generally listen.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Damn brother, the new mic sounds fantastic so far!!

Less than a year later and you legitimately sound like you have been doing this show your whole life. To say that I am completely blown away is an understatement.

Keep up the fantastic work. You make my drives so much more interesting, as this is when I generally listen
Thank you buddy!

You have no idea what this means to me!

I am in HEAVEN with that microphone. There is a clear reason they use them in broadcast. I was way too ambitious with the Lewitt condenser, which is probably a higher clarity microphone, but I don't have a professional studio. The ElectroVoice RE20 is the best purchase of 2021 so far.

I can monitor the microphone and literally NOTHING, but my voice registers. I use almost zero eq, noise cancelation or gate anymore.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Today, I am taking an emphasis off of the more political topics and back towards the core of the show... Entrepreneurship and building. I will always stick up for capitalism, but I am NOT going to lose sight of the REASON I do, which is our building of great things.

Lately it has felt like an awful obligation to address the political happenings, since there have been so many. It has been tiring and uninspiring to me. Obligation ROBS my inspiration...

While it is never the intention to stifle an entrepreneurial process, too much dwelling on political misgivings can have a negative impact on our motivations. THAT is the LAST THING I would EVER want to do, yet, I am guilty of the demotivation such a focus produces.

Today, I begin to guard against that, even though it makes me feel like I have let the commies win (and it shouldn't because the destruction of motivation is actually losing.) We, as entrepreneurs exist to navigate, to the best of our ability, the system we have, and improve the world via our value.

We believe it and if the world doesn't, so be it. We will make it happen anyway.

Today's show is a bit of a segway into this aforementioned change... A why...

YES, this crazy stuff matters, but what matters more is that YOU matter. Make it so.

YES, I will still spend time on some political topics, but never at the expense of our motivation or willingness to build.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
A little housekeeping here...

As much as Anchor has been a good beginner host for the show, KBRS is moving on to a different hosting provider. Libsyn.

The biggest reason for this is what they call IAB certified statistics. These statistics are industry standardized and provide great reporting for the winning of potential broadcast media deals and or additional sponsorships.

The second biggest reason is that it is owned by Spotify. I once considered this a big advantage to the platform, now its reputation for some censorship has me making a preemptive strategic move.

In the Parler thread, I criticized their decision to allow a politically opposite single point of failure. That was an exposure to risk, and this is me following my own advice.

Despite the clean nature of the show, we preach an unpopular narrative of wealth building, individualism, and capitalism. I don't want to find myself deplatformed like Prager or scolded and messed with like Rogan.

The migration might come with some hiccups, but with any luck, you might not even notice. So, just in case, please bare with me on this and bring any issues you guys notice to my attention.

Thanks so much guys! Very excited about the future of the show.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Do I really look like a guy with a plan?
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
A little housekeeping here...

As much as Anchor has been a good beginner host for the show, KBRS is moving on to a different hosting provider. Libsyn.

The biggest reason for this is what they call IAB certified statistics. These statistics are industry standardized and provide great reporting for the winning of potential broadcast media deals and or additional sponsorships.

The second biggest reason is that it is owned by Spotify. I once considered this a big advantage to the platform, now its reputation for some censorship has me making a preemptive strategic move.

In the Parler thread, I criticized their decision to allow a politically opposite single point of failure. That was an exposure to risk, and this is me following my own advice.

Despite the clean nature of the show, we preach an unpopular narrative of wealth building, individualism, and capitalism. I don't want to find myself deplatformed like Prager or scolded and messed with like Rogan.

The migration might come with some hiccups, but with any luck, you might not even notice. So, just in case, please bare with me on this and bring any issues you guys notice to my attention.

Thanks so much guys! Very excited about the future of the show.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
146 is up after playing around with the new hosting provider!

Had some fun with this one!

Is "Greed Good?"

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
How much it will cost if I go for a new setup. I was looking for such ideas and I want to take...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Finally! I just launched a short story on Kindle (FREE if you have Kindle Unlimited)! After...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
I planned to make a separate post for this video but it is useful here as well for anyone...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Last promo of the year.. Get the training you need now or miss it. Promo Code: FINALHOUR...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
UPDATED POST: Hey Guys! I wanted to give a quick update on what this program has become. In...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom