The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

LMAO...

After consulting @Vigilante I guess I got the tone wrong in my marketing here. Therefore, I went ahead and changed my title to "The REAL New Normal." Not the Karen authoritarian, calls cops on neighbors, mask loving, fear-mongering, bootlicker version of the phrase. Thank you @Vigilante, I don't want people to get the wrong idea here. I literally said "the new normal" sarcastically like 20 times in the show.

There are trends that are likely to last... We talk about what they are and what they mean for business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There are trends that are likely to last... We talk about what they are and what they mean for business.

Agreed. Carry on. Kill BIGGER.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
LMAO...

After consulting @Vigilante I guess I got the tone wrong in my marketing here. Therefore, I went ahead and changed my title to "The REAL New Normal." Not the Karen authoritarian, calls cops on neighbors, mask loving, fear-mongering, bootlicker version of the phrase. Thank you @Vigilante, I don't want people to get the wrong idea here. I literally said "the new normal" sarcastically like 20 times in the show.

I haven’t listened to this one, but the meme gave it away. I guess Dave caught up on a podcast platform and didn’t get the memo, I mean meme.

You guys. So funny.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am not going to get an SXM deal like this... Maybe entering the depths of AM radio... If I push this too hard, I will be lucky to get a HAM radio show. :rofl:

EPISODE 30

TAXATION IS THEFT

For our 30th episode, we have a very special discussion. I am VERY passionate about taxation being armed robbery. Listen to how the government tips their hand and openly admits that taxes are "taxing," burdensome, and inefficient.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Episode 31 is on deck!

Perseverance is Extremely Important

I believe that while leadership is the most important trait as an entrepreneur, perseverance is a close second. I talk about what perseverance looks like. I talk about what can help. I thought it would be a short one... I guess you could say that the show... Persevered.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So last night I spent some time working on the admin of the podcast a bit... I ended up migrating away from Spreaker and to, what I consider, the future of podcast hosts...

I believe they are going to be the YouTube of podcasting... Not to mention they are owned by Spotify... Spotify literally just paid more for a single podcast, Joe Rogan, than Spreaker is probably worth as a company.

The entire migration should have been seamless for the users of every podcast app. Nothing should have changed about your subscriptions. Let me know if you notice anything unusual. I think this is a more professional and cutting edge service than Spreaker.

YouTube will change a bit, but I have been unhappy with the audio-only offering from Spreaker anyway. I will contine to post all episodes to youtube, but I want to improve the quality there as well.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
anchor.fm

I believe they are going to be the YouTube of podcasting... Not to mention they are owned by Spotify... Spotify literally just paid more for a single podcast, Joe Rogan, than Spreaker is probably worth as a company.

WOW what a solid site. It does look like the future.

When I saw their website, within seconds I was sold and wanted to start my own podcast with them LOL. Analytics are super cool and their podcast advertising platform sounds like a game changer.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So last night I spent some time working on the admin of the podcast a bit... I ended up migrating away from Spreaker and to, what I consider, the future of podcast hosts...

anchor.fm

The entire migration should have been seamless for the users of every podcast app. Nothing should have changed about your subscriptions. Let me know if you notice anything unusual. I think this is a more professional and cutting edge service than Spreaker.

YouTube will change a bit, but I have been unhappy with the audio-only offering from Spreaker anyway. I will contine to post all episodes to youtube, but I want to improve the quality there as well.
Ah. I’d heard about Anchor a few years ago as a platform where people post audio content and people reply to it.

My accidental podcast is on Soundcloud and I pay monthly just so I can host chats I link to in the forum. I didn’t realise there were free hosting platforms. I will see if I can migrate to anchor or something else that’s free.

Thanks for the head me up @Kak.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Episode 32! First one on the new host!

It should be available on all your favorites. I’ll finish youtube later tonight.

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Episode 32! First one on the new host!

It should be available on all your favorites. I’ll finish youtube later tonight.

Great answer! Glad that I asked. Tons of actionable advice stacked in that episode.
Thanks again.

Do I sound like an Aussie? :rofl:

By the way: I checked out a different podcast recently and the sound quality was so terrible I almost turned it off.

You've really dialed everything in on your end and it sounds top notch :clap::

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Great answer! Glad that I asked. Tons of actionable advice stacked in that episode.
Thanks again.

Do I sound like an Aussie? :rofl:

By the way: I checked out a different podcast recently and the sound quality was so terrible I almost turned it off.

You've really dialed everything in on your end and it sounds top notch :clap::
Thanks, bud! I fixed the Australia thing haha. I was confused for a second there. Folks, don't be afraid to make mistakes and laugh them off. Obviously BC is in Canada, unless you are rolling through, decide to keep going anyway and then forget to cut that out. :rofl:

If you really want trippy... Listen to a clip of my episode 1 and compare it to any recent non-interview show... It is night and day.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Episode 33 is available!

I have an awesome guest on the show! @MTF to talk about his new venture.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Episode 33 is available!

I have an awesome guest on the show! @MTF to talk about his new venture.

Brilliant. I was wondering if you’d get @MTF on. Plus Martin was saying he was going to get on a few podcasts so great for him to get into audio.

Very interesting how you’ve decided to focus on people who already have a lot of content. Makes sense.

Ha. I have a shelved book creation thread. A million posts and threads in here, with surely a book or few in there. I may circle back to that project one day and will reach out when I do.

@MTF ... Check out Substack and other platforms for people with years of written content. Some of those newsletters have thousands of paid email subscribers.

I’m curious if some of your clients want some of your marketing help, to make sales on Kindle etc?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Thanks again for having me, @Kak.

To everyone listening/watching, sorry for the awkwardness LOL. It was my first interview ever.

@MTF ... Check out Substack and other platforms for people with years of written content. Some of those newsletters have thousands of paid email subscribers.

That's a pretty good idea, thanks!

I’m curious if some of your clients want some of your marketing help, to make sales on Kindle etc?

Possibly. We might help with that in the future as well but for now want to focus on content.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Thanks for the interview @MTF. Will give a listen later today.

As I see more and more guests from the forum appear on Kyle and Dave's podcasts, I just want to remind everyone about the risks of revealing sensitive business information as a guest on these podcasts. I believe @JasonR had a copy-cat gather sensitive info and copy his business years ago while being featured on a podcast.

While it is great to have all the juicy details on the show, I would be wary of revealing any details that could potentially hurt your business if your competitors found out. Assume there is a copy-cat out there listening.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Thanks, @inputchip. My business is all about the right people and the right attitude so it's pretty hard to copy that part.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks, @inputchip. My business is all about the right people and the right attitude so it's pretty hard to copy that part.
Your business is based on your IP and experience. I think that's pretty hard to copy.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
About people stealing each other's businesses... My goal would be to have something so big, something that makes such a splash, that two things occur...

1. Too many people know about OF my business to contain copycat attempts if they had the balls to try anyway.

2. Copycats will ultimately go belly up trying... Why? Because I don’t do easy or simple. Copycats, by definition, want easy and simple.

Knowing the intricate details about Martin’s business that I do, even as his advidor, I couldn't even rip him off if I tried.

Have you guys noticed the radio show itself? I have 33 episodes in 6 weeks. If someone wants to follow the type of action I normally take...

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN...

...And it isn't going to be the one copying.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Great show guys.

What a great idea @MTF

I definitely see its value being a content creator, it takes a lot of time to make content.

This is a fantastic concept.

It will do really well!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have for your listening pleasure... Episode 34!

On another note... killbigger.com is down. Opened a ticket with GoDaddy... They said it was on their side and couldn't figure it out either... 24-48 hours... So that is always fun.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
There's your problem. :happy:

If you're using Wordpress you should be hosted on something like WP Engine and use a better tool like DNSimple to manage your domains + DNS settings.

Using GoDaddy shared hosting + domain registration is small time.

This kind of stuff doesn't happen on WP Engine.

cc @aeden

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you're using Wordpress you should be hosted on something like WP Engine and use a better tool like DNSimple to manage your domains + DNS settings.

Using GoDaddy shared hosting + domain registration is small time.

This kind of stuff doesn't happen on WP Engine.

cc @aeden

Duly noted... I am going to look into WP Engine and DNSimple.

Thank you @csalvato. Nothing about this needs to be “small time.”

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
I prefer Cloudways right now for hosting. Seems to be the best bang for your buck. Their $10 plan looks the same as WP Engine's $100 plan. However, some people need more hand-holding. Cloudways is somewhere between a fully managed hosting company (WP Engine) and a self-managed server (Digital Ocean/Vultr). They have a nice dashboard that makes everything pretty straightforward for those of us less technically inclined.

Namecheap for domains, directed to Cloudflare for DNS, pointed to your Cloudways server. I can help set you up if you need a hand.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I prefer Cloudways right now for hosting. Seems to be the best bang for your buck. Their $10 plan looks the same as WP Engine's $100 plan. However, some people need more hand-holding. Cloudways is somewhere between a fully managed hosting company (WP Engine) and a self-managed server (Digital Ocean/Vultr). They have a nice dashboard that makes everything pretty straightforward for those of us less technically inclined.

Namecheap for domains, directed to Cloudflare for DNS, pointed to your Cloudways server. I can help set you up if you need a hand.

I am going to talk to my web firm about all of this. Admittedly, I just bought a hosting plan on Godaddy without asking. Bad move. I know everyone always complains about Godaddy, but I have never had trouble with it before. So I assumed it was only the super geeks with crazy demands on their websites that cared. At this point, I am sure, when I ask, she will probably have advice similar to what you guys are talking about.

This was 100 percent my own ignorance on this.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
I am going to talk to my web firm about all of this. Admittedly, I just bought a hosting plan on Godaddy without asking. Bad move. I know everyone always complains about Godaddy, but I have never had trouble with it before. So I assumed it was only the super geeks with crazy demands on their websites that cared. At this point, I am sure, when I ask, she will probably have advice similar to what you guys are talking about.

This was 100 percent my own ignorance on this.

When you're on a shared hosting plan the benefit is that it's cheap (and, sometimes, easy to set up).

The problem is that you can think of yourself as sharing one computer with a bunch of other people you don't know.

Think of it like signing the lease on a rental in a random apartment, in a random city, in the cheapest part of town. Your neighbors, generally speaking, won't be awesome.

In tech terms, these people generally don't know how to run or site, nor do they care. If one of them gets hacked, you get hacked too. If one of them eats up all the resources of the machine, your site goes to shit (or drops).

Using something like WP Engine is still like renting an apartment, but signing a lease in the good part of town. Your apartment will have nice thick walls and lush carpeting, and the apartment complex has a nice pool and tennis court.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.