The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just Stolen! - Please Critique My Sales Page

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well I took your advice MJ, and this is how you repay me?

Go F*ck yourself, douchebag. You're a lazy uninventive troll that needs to rot at the bottom of septic tank.

Good riddance - how's that for repayment.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It's just business..

Sorry bro it isn't "just business" - it's borderline theft. It also speaks volumes about your integrity, or lack thereof. Perhaps I should steal something YOU put your heart-and-soul into and when you whine about it being stolen, I could just chirp "its just business".

If you just rolled this out, how can you claim "100,000 users since 2010" ?

Still waiting on that answer but I wonder, is this *claim* (or lie) "just business" too? If you have 100,000 users, you would have made $9.7M on this program at 97 bucks a clip. At that kind of profit, you should be selling $10K per head marketing seminars, not golf programs.

Copyright infringement isn't Fastlane - it's being a lazy a$$.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
Don't take it personal dude. It's just business..

ahahah... you seem to have stumbled upon the wrong forum, you were looking for this: WarriorForum - Internet Marketing Forums

On a serious note, there is a reason this community is so tightly bundled together. There is a certain unspoken code around here and that is why we trust each other so much.

Doesn't matter how well respected you are around here, if you do or say something stupid, you get called out on it. This is why it's hard to get in and stay in, which makes the people committed to work harder and provide even more value.

Nobody cares what you did yesterday, it's what your doing today.

With that being said, Man up (or Women), take down the site, admit you made a mistake and you were chasing money. Then come back here and show us the blood and guts you put in to make a comeback.

Don't "try" though, either do it or get out.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Might want to fix your live chat box

Unbelievable.

Folks my apologies for being aggressive here, but I'm a little sensitive in this area.

On several occasions I had several "its just business" assholes do the exact same thing: They copied my website exactly and just changed the logo and a few words. They even hacked into my database and stole my prized testimonials. Imagine my shock when I awoke one day to see an exact copy of my site with the same testimonials, now competing against me.

And just like in this case, these idiots were so F*cking lazy in their copy that my company name still was listed in their terms. They had graphics still linked to me. I remember creating graphics at 1am in the morning and seeing those same graphics linked onto their site, stealing my bandwidth! Evidence of their theft was rampant much like this case.

I had to spend a small fortune on an attorney to protect WHAT WAS MINE.

That said, I've changed the thread title in hopes someone wakes up and stops being an unethical lazy a**hole.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Don't take it personal dude. It's just business..

You tried to dup us, I take that personal. Theft is not my business but it may be yours.

You need to do the right thing and man up. Take the site down and apologize for your mistake. We all mess up and have to own up to our stumbling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The general look is very much alike, however all the pictures, the logos, the background and the body copy is completley different.

No, not really. Now the bottom of the page is changed (had no time to do it before), so
now nobody can't really claim that it's the same website. They look similar, but they are still different.

Seriously dude, you totally copied this guy's site and tried to pass it off as your own. You didn't even take the time to change the sig before pumping it. You insulted us and stole copywrited material.

Last edited:

Ivan

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 22, 2011
This thread has motivated me to write a few books:

Rich Dad, Richer Dad
4-Minute Workweek
The Trillionaire Fastlane

I'm gonna be rich!:D

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Listen folks. Stop posting his errors. We all know (including him, and now including the original site owner) that he "borrowed" the code in it's entirety from the other web site. Stop posting the footprints. He can't find them on his own, and the more chances you guys give him to change them by spotlighting them, the more cumbersome it's going to be when the rightful owner takes him down.

The reason the OP would have come back here was to get more information from you all. We're letting this freak show continue for a while only because the OP is getting himself in deeper, and deeper. But don't help him unbury himself.

Hopefully the guy he stole the material from is the original author (none of us know that for certain). He's already aware of the "borrowed content," so it's only a matter of time before the virtual beat down happens assuming the other site owner legitimately owns the content.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
This is sickening, guy gets called out, fixes things and claims sites don't even look similar. Care to explain why his Google Analytics code is in your site's source code?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Integrity isn't a trend. It isn't something that's hot today, and forgotten tomorrow. It is apart of the Fastlane ideal and as you can see by this thread, when assholes are being assholes, we throw them out like the trash they are.

When I see old threads like this reactivated it makes me happy that we've created this little corner of the web, and it hasn't changed in it's principle's since.

It's interesting that one other member that commented with discuss of the OP's actions was actually outed for doing something similar.

Yup, good find.

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, and hey look at this!

When I click on your FAQ page, EVERY SINGLE LINK at the bottom of that page links directly to "HowToBreak80.com" proving you didn't *borrow* anything -- you flat out copied some other dude's website.

So I guess to answer your original question...

I would truly be honored to hear your honest and sincere opinions!

My honest and sincere opinion is you need to take this down IMMEDIATELY -- and then start over FRESH. Go pay $19 for a template somewhere -- add your copy and bam, you have something that is truly yours.

Copying someone else's graphics and structure (in the same freaking industry no less) is totally uncool and grounds for an a$$-whooping from some copyright attorney.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Funny enough, the OP got pretty quiet when he got called out...

As LightHouse stated, yes this is very typical of the mindset of many 'blackhat' wannabes who are doing nothing but chasing money instead of creating unique value.

Forgetting to change references to the original site though?
doublefacepalm.jpg

They had graphics still linked to me. I remember creating graphics at 1am in the morning and seeing those same graphics linked onto their site, stealing my bandwidth! Evidence of their theft was rampant much like this case.

That's when you should replace the image links on your own site with new ones - and then leave the original filename references but switch out those images with the nastiest and grossest images you can find, lol... (I have heard of people doing this, and it works well!!) Lol...

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
I have done nothing wrong. It's not illegal to be inspired by other people.
Inspiration is a wonderful thing, but ctrl-C someone's copyrighted material and making alterations is bullshit. It's a direct insult to the effort the originator took to create it.

It's not illegal to borrow ideas. This is the internet, the land of the free.
It's perfectly legal to build on ideas. You did nothing of the sort. You stole somebody's vehicle, painted it a different color, and claimed it as your own.

And if you now compare my site to howtobreak80, you can clearly see that it ain't the same site.
They're similar, but that's it. Lots of salespages in different categories are built on the same layout...
Again, you repainted his vehicle. It would be different if it were a WordPress theme you purchased (offering money for the value they created), but that's not what you did.

Telling me I should be sued is like telling Volvo they should be sued for ripping off Ford.
Legitimate businesses go to great pains to develop their own unique brand with their own unique USP's. Volvo took a look at the cars available and decided what kind of improvements they'd like their cars to have. They focused on safety. They did not buy a Taurus and slap a Volvo badge on it.

MJ DeMarco even said in his book "You don't have to invent anything new, just take something that already exist, modify and make it better". Well I took your advice MJ, and this is how you repay me?
No, you didn't. MJ never suggested what you tried to pull. What you should have done is developed a new, better club. Test it, put it in the hands of golfers, and get their endorsements. Build a website (from scratch, modify a WP theme, get a developer, whatever) and load it up with all your new golf club goodness. Be truthful with your statements.​

The fact you're still trying to defend what you pulled is amazing. You completely blind yourself to your own unethical, unscrupulous actions. You haven't tried to create any value at all - in fact, you dicked around with someone else's code to give the appearance of value. You stole his efforts and spent a good hour disguising it to look like yours. And then you have the gall to tell us that since the disguise is getting better you should be absolved.

You've dug yourself a deep, deep hole. You either are completely clueless about how a man should conduct himself in the business world or you are already completely, hopelessly lost. You seem to not even recognize that you are the exact kind of person you as a businessman would want put away.

Credibility is the most important measure of a man and you're ruining yours at every step. Why can you not understand this?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Classic. I got an alert on this thread, and popped over here. I clicked the link in the OP to the big business idea the OP had, and as is predictable, the site is dead with a "for sale" redirect.

There are no short cuts.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Call me pedantic but:

- There were quite a few spelling mistakes / typos that hit me straight away. "not only increase power and lenght"

- I went to order your club and it took me to a Paypal page in Swedish. I am not Swedish. I do not understand Swedish and I do not want to buy products in Swedish. I am sure you can get around this problem.

- "P.S. If you're serious about becoming a better player, you should order today if you don't want to wait. We don't have many in stock at the moment and it will be a while before our next shipment." I don't like this. Why will it be a while for your next shipment? Do you have problems with suppliers? Are you having cash flow problems? I think it would sound better if you put something about it being in such demand they may have to wait a while.

And lastly, if you are serving the golfing community worldwide, how come on your contact page you only ask people to call you between a certain time? Tell them to send you an email and you will reply promptly, and not mention anything about phone numbers. But to tell your customer they can only call between times that may not be convenient to them is a bit 'iffy' for me.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Common affiliate tactic, another lazy a**hole who isn't providing the world anything. Furthermore, too lazy to even finish copying someones work (which was probably also copied) and fixing it up. Now you just burned your bridge on a valuable forum.

FCC is cracking down HUGE on this stuff with stiff fines.... I'll let them find it though.

Ignore list +1

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yea, I'm wondering if the actual product is also stolen from someone else, or even the copied *victim*.

its a well taught "tactic" or "strategy" of wanna be affiliate marketers or CPA guys. The type that are literally too lazy to do anything besides copy LP's, buy shit links or run mass link programs and hope things work out to make a few bucks, rinse and repeat. They think they are so "black hat" by doing this shit, when really its just fraud and the FCC has been coming down very hard the last two years. They will see this in a matter of weeks if it is left up.

vladsoriano

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 5, 2012
London, UK
i've got nothing to add but my exasperation at this type of site construction, business approach and attitude.

Hat's off to the reviewers here. It's a great example of why this forum rocks. You all set a high standard and hold us accountable to that standard.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Wow.

So, you rip off his site, tweak the things forum members bust you on, then claim it's "similar"? How do you justify yourself? There's a line between paying homage to something and blatantly stealing someone's work, and it's not a fine line. You know it, I know it, and everyone else here knows it.

You didn't earn shit; you stole that. Man up and admit it - see if you can recover any credibility at all. I really hope you can, but it's gonna be a very hard sell.

JAWS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Good work! It looks great, and seems to have pretty good copy. Are the testimonials legitimate?

I scrolled through it because I am an avid golfer, and nothing really STUCK OUT to me. By scrolled I mean I took 20 sec on the site. Maybe think about bolding the important parts or shortening your headings so they stand out more? But obviously your good leads will take more time on the page.

The Heavy Club does not sound like it is going to help me much. It just sounds like the medicus (or whatever the original heavy club is).

Also, are you testing the direct link to paypal? Do you have a landing page? I like the fact that your minimizing sales steps but don't know if people will like it...

Cheers

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
They're pretty similar, yes.

By the way how did you find the site with "Jack Moorehouse"?

Life is too short. I would take it down.

If it was that easy for Runum to find it, this guy is going to find it (especially now that his name will index because of this thread).

You are inviting trouble. My strongest advice, if you have something to sell, is knock down the site and build something organically.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
ZZccdpW.jpg

Strangely fitting :bgh:

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
As a newbie here I'm glad the community has integrity and standards. Somebody mentioned Warrior Forums, which I discovered years ago and felt repulsed by the place. Full of losers, IMHO. This place is the antithesis. Really glad I found it.

I've had the same thing happen to me, I wrote an info article about my business space (which had enormous pass-along from our customers all over the place). One day I found a word for word copy of it on one of those ezine article sites (and once they're in one of those sites, they just get replicated to all of them).

I track down the guy, and he gives me a similar gutless response "Oh, hey, I hired a ghost writer and you can't prove it's yours originally so f*** you!"

Can't prove it's mine originally? Every single link in that report links to a resource I own, idiot! He didn't change the links. What a moronic a**hole. He finally caved and had to hire a small army to go to all the ezine article aggregators to take them all down.

(yeah, this gets my blood boiling too!)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sorry if I appear a bit out of control, but I'm livid. I almost can't see straight.

I'm right there with you. What we have here is a liar, a thief, and a lazy a$$.

Who wants to track down the testimonials and verify their authenticity?

I'm still waiting to hear about the claim "100,000 users since 2010"...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.