The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joining fastlane. Introduction. In the “Idea stage” and terrified to start

Idea threads

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Hello INSIDERS and MJ, here is the short intro about me with highlights:

———
22-year old International student residing in Vancouver B.C., Canada. Originally from the coldest city in the world, “Yakutsk” (Russia), where I’ve spent my childhood and high school years. Been competing in swimming throughout the high school, but later decided to quit to focus on education; love skiing and a fitness-junkie.

Moved to Canada at 18 y/o right after high school to pursue the “scripted” slow lane path of mechanical engineer.

Got interested in the self-development books in university, which actually planted a "seed of doubt". Played in the “entrepreneurship game" in university and barely passed all my classes while slowly losing interest in the formal education and all the scripted dogma, like “get job, sell your life for weekends and die”

Have a cushy remote job and plenty of free time right now.

0 business experience besides failed Shopify store, flipping craigslist items and failed attempts at trading stocks (was looking for shortcuts to get rich)
———

Long-term goals: get Canadian PR and establish Fastlane business; quit my day job and travel the world

Short-term goals: Pick an idea and go all in.

At the moment I have 4 business ideas, 2 of which revolve around the fitness industry, and other 2 are small accessories for electronics. Implementing one of them in my opinion can significantly skew the value of other competitors and establish productocracy, the rest are just OK.

I have a hard time choosing one idea and going all in. Right now I am just in a vicious cycle of action faking, re-reading MJ's book to avoid taking any steps toward business creation.

How do I get from “Idea stage” (analysis paralysis) to “Execution stage“ and axe all the mental barriers in between?

I am thinking of posting this idea to the "General discussion" of INSIDERS forum and seeing what feedback I can get :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I'm glad that you have a job that will give you time to explore your ideas. Welcome to the forum and good luck!

Thank you for reading my post and your reply.

I was offered a raise at my "cushy" job making it less "cushy", which meant being on-site more and getting involved more in the work process, which I respectfully declined. I have won myself more time, but have lost "making more money". It will all make sense in the future. Cheers!

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the inside. I'm in the same situation: I got offered a new job for ~7K more per year... but at the expense of time.

I think the hardest step is to get rid of the shitty inaction and start doing something useful. It's not like the opportunities aren't laying there, waiting for us... it's rather than we're so accustomed to starring blindly at them while living the script that we're scared of acting upon them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Appreciate the intro!

How do I get from “Idea stage” (analysis paralysis) to “Execution stage“ and axe all the mental barriers in between?

A strong purpose with a strong need and a strong desire to solve it. Once all that comes into play, everything else drops aside.

Suzanne Bazemore

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Sep 30, 2018
Spring, TX
A strong purpose with a strong need and a strong desire to solve it. Once all that comes into play, everything else drops aside.
That is a great quote, @MJ DeMarco - I saved it to my phone. You should put it in a book.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Appreciate the intro!

Appreciate the help. Thank you.

I think this part from your book perfectly describes my current situation:

" The unfortunate reality of "it's too hard" as a roadblock is great ideas are overlooked. ... And then circle jerk of idea-hopping ensues, a never-ending scavenger hunt for the next great idea, the one simplistically executed or invented, the one that exactly fits your skillset and knowledge base..."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.