The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Joe Rogan goes to Spotify for $100M

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

paulmp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
407%
Jul 1, 2017
Western Australia
Good on him for getting his. Who *wouldn't* take a deal like that?
People have been moaning about YouTube not having any real competition... it seems that Spotify are setting themselves up to be exactly that. I'm wondering if they will extend their platform for other creators such as vloggers / film makers and the such?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I’ve said this about Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube but forgot about podcasting:

Streaming platforms are going to move to a production studio model after riding the coattails of licensed popular content.

Netflix will be akin to Universal or Pixar. It’ll be a brand of D2C video content.

Disney already proved it when “Trolls” crushed their box office record in only a couple weeks by going D2C.

YouTube was never meant to use for podcasting.

Prediction: Spotify will start making original podcast content too and by 2022 will be the king of podcasting.

They already have: Spotify owns Gimlet Media which created the Homecoming podcast. It's also a show on Amazon Prime Video.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Wow, I though Joe Rogan was earning a lot of money, but not at the $ 100m level. Good for him!!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I predict a rising demand for podcast creation tools. Money chasers will want to be the next Joe Rogan.

@Kak and I were discussing that earlier this week, but like in everything else, the cream rises to the top. You have to have something to talk about that people want to hear. Look at all of the wannabes on YouTube, but only the select few (thousand) make it. However, there is no question that old school media will yield completely to media on demand.

Jesse Dallenbach

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jul 3, 2015
Northern California, U.S.A.
Just Curious, and if this has already been mentioned I apologize. Joe Rogan was big on having 100% creative control of content (guests and topics). He often says with a studio,network, radio station they were always meddling with content.

Is the Joe Rogan Podcast going to lose some of those creative freedoms now that he is in a 100 million dollar marriage with Spotify?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Just Curious, and if this has already been mentioned I apologize. Joe Rogan was big on having 100% creative control of content (guests and topics). He often says with a studio,network, radio station they were always meddling with content.

Is the Joe Rogan Podcast going to lose some of those creative freedoms now that he is in a 100 million dollar marriage with Spotify?

And if so does he give a shit. We’re all whores

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

It will be interesting to see, I was thinking he’d go the other way, he’s been vocal about You Tubes censorship, the show used to be live on You Tube until there was some controversy with a guest last year (can’t remember the details) but he stopped going live, seemed You Tube might of given him a warning, he alluded to it on the show.

FirstLawMotion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 2, 2020
Canada
Good for him. I enjoy listening to his show at times. Amazing what can happen when you put your mind to it. I heard that podcasting started out simply as a hobby of his. I went to his YouTube channel and checked out some of his earliest videos. He has come a long way in terms of quality.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
From Spotify, another high-profile Spotify Original podcast:

THE MICHELLE OBAMA PODCAST

Start Listening July 29

The former First Lady is starting a new conversation - and you're invited to join. Hear Michelle Obama's most candid and personal conversations as they happen, and discover what's possible when we let ourselves be vulnerable, open up, and focus on what matters most.

Spotify is going to be the king of podcasts soon.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
From Spotify, another high-profile Spotify Original podcast:

THE MICHELLE OBAMA PODCAST

Start Listening July 29

The former First Lady is starting a new conversation - and you're invited to join. Hear Michelle Obama's most candid and personal conversations as they happen, and discover what's possible when we let ourselves be vulnerable, open up, and focus on what matters most.

Spotify is going to be the king of podcasts soon.

They are making huge moves. She is total speculation and yet they are buying her. Wow. Spotify is the horse I am backing in this race.

SiriusXM is probably the second biggest mover in this category. They just bought Stitcher, they bought simplecast recently and have also added podcasting to their Pandora music service. I bet we start seeing them want to run with this too.

triodine

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 26, 2019

He actually said on a few different podcasts that Spotify is giving him full creative control and nothing about his content/guests/opinions they're gonna influence.

Though, he has complained a few times that they've been asking him who his first guest is going to be once the transition happens which he already seemed audibly annoyed about when bringing it up.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
First day on Spotify and a bunch of Joe's podcasts aren't available on Spotify yet, Mikhaila Peterson has the full list on her Facebook page. Might be a first day glitch so we'll wait and see what happens, it would be a shame if his podcasts are going to be censored, I was hoping it would go the other way and we'd get Alex Jones III uncensored! His previous 2 appearances are amongst the one's not available.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I just saw an ad on Youtube for Joe Rogan's podcast :) I find that hilarious.

Youtube probably didn't notice the day that Joe Rogan created his podcast on there platform, and I doubt that they noticed anything when he left there platform. Yet Spotify had to pay 100M for an entity that Youtube got for free, and now Spotify is trying to gain viewers/followers by paying there competitor money. It reminds me of the search engine websites advertising on Youtube, being a customer of the company you are trying to compete against.

I don't see anyone overtaking Youtube for what it does, it was never the go to for enlightened content. The sheer amount of content being uploaded there by people for free is hard to comprehend. I already see them pushing the Pat Mcafee show, a year ago I didn't even know who that guy was.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.