The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

What kind of jobs should i bee looking for i need to find a job now

• should i look for front end jobs

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • should i look for back end jobs

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I'm wondering why a job I went to (well am agency for, they said they will put me through) might have been open for a while. It seems like a decent job,esp for someone looking to change career or a graduate and the agency at least don't typecast but are looking at Transferrable skills. It makes me wonder if the company is refusing to hire anyone but the golden goose or if nobody wants it. Perhaps the agency are being secretive because it is a terrible employer and don't want people checking it up on glassdoor.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
I've never seen someone waste so much time trying to find a damn retail job. I almost think i'm getting trolled here.

DUDE. Why would you even waste your time? Go do something interesting.

What do you think would be an interesting career? Find a military branch, look online through their job offerings, and go get some experience in a field that you can use in the civilian sector.

I'll even give you a head start. Here is one for the Army.

A Complete List Of Army Enlisted MOS's

The Navy, Air Force, and Marines also have these.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I can relate to the struggles of job finding, some thoughts

# 1 You are not selling yourself well (why should they hire you?)
# 2 Refer to #1

Consider moving somewhere else? If you desperately need a job try construction gigs or labor work/factories, I think they generally hire all the time.

Funny story I applied to a ski resort job (Whistler blackcomb) with previous experience in customer service at another ski resort, and the interviewer commented that I didn't look ready for the interview, tbh I was dressed like a stoner with banana and money symbol shorts with a green hat lmao. Perhaps that could be a problem for you.

What is your attitude walking in to apply?

shelton

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Mar 5, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
I Finally found a job at staples I think I don’t know about this thing called orientation but I got the job. Now I can focus on other things. This took way to long. I’m glad I’m no longer fated to beg on the streets like a dog. I heard that rent has skyrocketed I hope things aren’t that bad and I can use one job to support myself.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Pretty much anyone can get a job as a server and make decent money. Read a few books on serving/ sales/ conversation skills you can make $50k per year. Also find a restaurant that is not a chain. Preferably somewhere where people are happy and make a lot of money.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I Finally found a job at staples I think I don’t know about this thing called orientation but I got the job. Now I can focus on other things. This took way to long. I’m glad I’m no longer fated to beg on the streets like a dog. I heard that rent has skyrocketed I hope things aren’t that bad and I can use one job to support myself.
I’m happy for you bro, keep going.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

Yup, true. That was a waste of taxi fare to get to an area with a 100 or so retail stores, that's assuming I could reach the manager. One manager said he wouldn't hire anyone who's not going to follow the basic instructions on the front door to apply online. Of course the ad points out due to the high volume of applicants we can drive everyone a response.

Local Facebook groups, next door gumtree add all you get is MLMs which means I've got to pay to work.

At least with remote work, I can easily try out other areas to see if it is the local job market that is the problem.

LaraJF

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Apr 1, 2017
Silicon Valley, California
Congratulations! And well done being persistent.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Here are my general recommendations that helped me finв a job pretty quickly: You should know job seeking etiquette. Your resume should be one page unless you're highly trained, skilled or educated. Be sure there are no spelling errors in your resume. Make your experience in each job into bullet points outlining accomplishments and highlights that demonstrate you're a good employee rather than what you did. Know how to dress and conduct yourself for an interview. Post your resume on several resources like Indeed.com , Monster.com, LinkedIn.com, Farfarjob.com etc... Be someone you would want to hire yourself
How about making your own job? Over educate yourself for your market. Volunteer your time to learn new skills. Get side gig... or two... or three... Make some flyers and pass them out... Do something!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.